Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 109 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

I need something to kill poison ivy up at the cottage. Abandoned lot nearby and it’s migrating to our property.

City made the guy spray it once already and it’s coming back again.
Amazon has liquid concentrate one jug makes a **** ton and and is cheap. This is the super concentrate not the stuff you can buy in a store. This makes 200 liters of the store stuff.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Amazon has liquid concentrate one jug makes a **** ton and and is cheap. This is the super concentrate not the stuff you can buy in a store. This makes 200 liters of the store stuff.

Damn. That's about 30x the strength of roundup poison ivy. Definitely closer to our old jug.

I agree, but at the time I was having trouble finding something better and $43 to avoid children getting poison ivy from the back yard is money well spent.
Ya. Dad got it on his skin and had a very bad reaction a while back. Def don’t want a repeat.

It's nasty stuff. Daughter spends a lot of time in fields and wooded areas doing research. Even with high boots and long "ivy proof" pants, she always has the rash or the remnants of one. She has learned to never ever touch your face till you are washed and handle all your clothing with disposable gloves.
Funny, the kids go with her sometimes and never get it.

Ya. Dad got it on his skin and had a very bad reaction a while back. Def don’t want a repeat.
I sold my house in Holland Landing years ago after the yard poisoned me 2 years in a row. It started on my ankles from occurring my grass -- it quickly headed north miraculously stopping inches from my junk. I was completely bandaged for 3 months both years.

My not-so-lucky neighbor got sphinctered, his wife had to hide his guns.

Knew one guy who got drunk and passed out in a patch of it. Not a pretty sight.

Getting a little ****** at the moment. Work crew has ghosted me for over a week now.
Last time they were here was a week last Friday. Spider cracks in garage floor.

Told me that an expansion joint wasn't needed. They were mostly chipping off the old cracked stuff and filling the spots in.

Didn't bring the catalogue of garage doors, just installed the cheapest, using the old hardware.

Haven't finished the electrical, moulding around the garage doors, or painting.

I checked at the Home Depot, and it seems that garage door was the only one available, so I might give them a pass on that.
But shouldn't they use the new hardware, instead of throwing it in the trash, and using the rusty old springs and such?
I'm not sure what to do about the floor, it only seems to have happened near the door to the house.
Is it supposed to be wet down every day until it cures? No one asked me, or I might have helped.

In the meantime, our driveway is full of their garbage, and we're renting a container, which isn't cheap.

Tested out my patch of ground in preparation for digging holes for sonotubes. The manual auger got about 4 inches into the ground before it hit rocks….went back to Cambodian tire for a traditional post hole digger…removed about 2 handfuls of dirt….found more rocks. Realized this is going to be a long job. Gave up…went in for a beer.

I’ll be back with a lump hammer and a pry bar.

To avoid digging rock with a shovel sounds like a easy decision there is a smaller narrower one available as well.

If I don’t have to go down too far I don’t mind. Lyndsay showed me some adjustable brackets that can deal with any potential frost heave too.

Back
Top Bottom