Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 102 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Have a playhouse…no storage.

I hate to say it but she’s probably right. I’ve become a tool hoarder like my dad.
My dad has come to the conclusion that wood working days are behind him. Now's he's purging. There is a decent cast iron table saw that I am conflicted about. I have a contractor saw that works for 99% of what I need and can be stored out of the way. The cast iron saw is nicer, free and does the other 1% but it would be very in the way.

My dad has come to the conclusion that wood working days are behind him. Now's he's purging. There is a decent cast iron table saw that I am conflicted about. I have a contractor saw that works for 99% of what I need and can be stored out of the way. The cast iron saw is nicer, free and does the other 1% but it would be very in the way.
And mine is getting started at 68 years old and ramping up….

“Oh let’s make some live edge from this wood”
“Why?”
“Make some stuff, sell some…you know”
“You’ll make like $500 but the tools cost you 5k”
“What else am I gonna do? Now help me lift this 300lb slab”

Im totally expecting my new trailer to be overloaded this weekend and be damaged due to weight.

And mine is getting started at 68 years old and ramping up….

“Oh let’s make some live edge from this wood”
“Why?”
“Make some stuff, sell some…you know”
“You’ll make like $500 but the tools cost you 5k”
“What else am I gonna do? Now help me lift this 300lb slab”

Im totally expecting my new trailer to be overloaded this weekend and be damaged due to weight.
Same as Greyghost, my dad is shutting down his workshop also (eyes too bad to see cuts now in his 80's). Has a FULL 40x80' shop of pro-level stuff he's selling off cheap if you know anyone interested. Minor catch is they live in Nova Scotia.

Same as Greyghost, my dad is shutting down his workshop also (eyes too bad to see cuts now in his 80's). Has a FULL 40x80' shop of pro-level stuff he's selling off cheap if you know anyone interested. Minor catch is they live in Nova Scotia.
Sounds easier and cheaper to move east and buy the shop off him as it sits :)

I’m sure my dad would make a case for a trip out there to pick up some gear.

Does he have a list? LoL

Frak…trying to replace the leaking shower tower and I can’t seem to find one that has the lines for hot and cold through the tile.

Eff you Kevin….I’m going to keep looking but looks like I have to rip apart that rear wall. Mother effer.

EDIT: Both the hot and cold go through….any recommendations on shower styles for this? Or wtf I should to get this done?

70B0E816-9951-4780-A53E-967D95FE49F7.jpeg

Last edited:
Frak…trying to replace the leaking shower tower and I can’t seem to find one that has the lines for hot and cold through the tile.

Eff you Kevin….I’m going to keep looking but looks like I have to rip apart that rear wall. Mother effer.

EDIT: Both the hot and cold go through….any recommendations on shower styles for this? Or wtf I should to get this done?

View attachment 51118
Can't you replumb the contraption? Where are the leaks actually happening? I'd be tempted (maybe wrongly) to build a tile box to hold the plumbing. Basically hardpipe the costco contraption he had with a rain head and handheld so it lasts. It costs you about 4" of space but you could make it look nice (a few shelves off the sides?) and not tear into the existing construction (other than a few fasteners).

The leaks are one thing, but since the last post the regulator snapped so now to use it the water has to be turned on/off through the access panel in the back.

Spare parts are not found so a replacement it is.

The leaks are one thing, but since the last post the regulator snapped so now to use it the water has to be turned on/off through the access panel in the back.

Spare parts are not found so a replacement it is.
I'm not advocating for this as it looks sketchy as, but it probably gets you running again for cheap while you plan a better solution.

View attachment 51118
You sure it's hot and cold and not mixed and mixed?

You sure it's hot and cold and not mixed and mixed?
100% it’s separate hot and cold. MIL isn’t a complainer so she spent a year taking cold showers. When she finally said something I opened up the panel, cracked the warm water a tad and it resolved all the issues.

100% it’s separate hot and cold. MIL isn’t a complainer so she spent a year taking cold showers. When she finally said something I opened up the panel, cracked the warm water a tad and it resolved all the issues.
So that contraption on the wall just turns water on and off with no way to adjust temperature? That's amazing.

AAAAAANNNNDDDD the chest freezer just pooped the bed….looks like I’m shopping for a new one. FML.

Faster and makes it easier to get an even finish. Just make sure you get the appropriate size. Ones for electric pressure washers are ~10" and for gas pressure washers ~15".

1637384_12424323_001_l.jpg

1637384_15464590_l.jpg
Bought one by Simoniz (sp?) on clearance years ago for $10
Plastic but it does the job

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

How walkout is it? Did you give yourself a step down? Whenever I rebuild decks, I give one step down which helps a lot to keep snow from piling up against the door.
I personally still consider my one step down deck a walkout.
I honestly use it as an extension of my kitchen
When I had 3 steps down to the patio, I found that I just didn't use it the same way, or as much.

Try Miranda Vinyl Products. Did ours a few years back for $800 installed.

My cousin can probably get you the installers number directly Friday.
My buddy got a quote last month
$3k

Edit: quote was not from Miranda

Last edited:
Get a upright you will never want another chest one ours was from Costco

Sent using a thumb maybe 2
This is the plan. Taking the gym out of the garage and will put the new freezer in there.

It’s leaking a bit as I have a mat under it now. Now sure how long it was leaking on the laminate but 1-2 boards are soaked up.

Back
Top Bottom