Elephant in the Covid room | Page 78 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skip the Pfizer and the Astrazeneca and go straight to the hot beef injection is my advice

Skip the Pfizer and the Astrazeneca and go straight to the hot beef injection is my advice
It is all odds. There is a 31 year old Olympic athlete in ontario in the hospital on oxygen due to covid. He thought he was going to die. I hazard a guess that nobody on GTAM is at that level of fitness and health. Being healthier improves your odds, being vaccinated vastly improves your odds.

He's a bobsledder, he rides a sled going downhill

I suspect it's like one of those things where people assume there's no physical demands, but reality is quite to the otherwise.

It's like riding a horse. Actually riding a horse, not "flopping around like a sack of potatos on a trail ride" beginner routine. Actually riding? It's a TON of work and back when I rode hunter jumper regularly a 1 hour lesson constituted a cardio workout - I wore my heart rate band on a few lessons and the stats were eye opening.

But most people just assume "you just sit there and the horse does all the work". Anyone who rides knows the reality is waaaaaay different.

I suspect it's like one of those things where people assume there's no physical demands, but reality is quite to the otherwise.

It's like riding a horse. Actually riding a horse, not "flopping around like a sack of potatos on a trail ride" beginner routine. Actually riding? It's a TON of work and back when I rode hunter jumper regularly a 1 hour lesson constituted a cardio workout - I wore my heart rate band on a few lessons and the stats were eye opening.

But most people just assume "you just sit there and the horse does all the work". Anyone who rides knows the reality is waaaaaay different.
A bunch of us guys made a deal with a trail ride outfit up near Midland that we would rent most of his stable if he took us on an all day ride. It was fantastic. However when we got back none of us could walk right for a couple of days.

I thought some winter bobsledders were also summer sprinters? The “launch” is pretty critical apparently.

I thought some winter bobsledders were also summer sprinters? The “launch” is pretty critical apparently.

They all look pretty fit to me. The folks who push off are sometimes football players too I thought.

However when we got back none of us could walk right for a couple of days.

Yep, and that's just a trail ride. Try going out for a few hours with proper equitation and jumping mixed in. It's a serious workout. Even just posting a trot for 10-15 minutes on a trail ride (riding english, not western) is a workout for the not super fit.

A bunch of us guys made a deal with a trail ride outfit up near Midland that we would rent most of his stable if he took us on an all day ride. It was fantastic. However when we got back none of us could walk right for a couple of days.
Yup. I ride my horse 2 to 3 hours in the forest and used to compete team penning in rodeo.
Riding a horse is very physical and I can’t tell you how many conversations I’ve had with dummies telling me you’re just sitting there you’re doing nothing the horse is doing all the work. Once I get those people on a horse for the first time after 10 minutes they can’t even walk. We are very lucky to have 4 beautiful AQHA boys at home . I love riding.

Attachments

• 60A04C60-7606-462D-8129-2CBC1C8F24C4.jpeg
    60A04C60-7606-462D-8129-2CBC1C8F24C4.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 24
Yup. I ride my horse 2 to 3 hours in the forest and used to compete team penning in rodeo.
Riding a horse is very physical and I can’t tell you how many conversations I’ve had with dummies telling me you’re just sitting there you’re doing nothing the horse is doing all the work. Once I get those people on a horse for the first time after 10 minutes they can’t even walk. We are very lucky to have 4 beautiful AQHA boys at home . I love riding.
How do you have time to ride all of your toys? Do you go out to the garage sometimes and say "hey, i haven't ridden that one in a year, let's take it for a spin"?

How do you have time to ride all of your toys? Do you go out to the garage sometimes and say "hey, i haven't ridden that one in a year, let's take it for a spin"?

I am very lucky to have lots of free time and I can come and go as I please with no set schedule and fantastic employees who do the majority of the work #humblebrag #spoiled

Beautiful animals!

Jump on a barrel racer and then say there is no work
When i was younger back home a few of the girls had horses. I thought i would be smart and jumped on a barrel racer and ride it.
Well f me the thing took off like a bullet, i was holding on and squeezing with my legs to hold on, little did I know squeezing with legs made the horse run faster.
First and last time on that horse.
But anything back then to impress the girls

When i was younger back home a few of the girls had horses. I thought i would be smart and jumped on a barrel racer and ride it.
Well f me the thing took off like a bullet, i was holding on and squeezing with my legs to hold on, little did I know squeezing with legs made the horse run faster.

go to any horse barn and it’s 99 percent women. Guys should take up horse riding.....

Used to happen to me on the 507.

Miss my horses

FB_IMG_1619653890470.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom