Elephant in the Covid room | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the pictures it appears that costco put poly over much of their stock. Walmart on the other hand was hilarious. A caution tape X over shelves. You could see everything and grab everything. Not sure if they were enforcing at the register or if they have improved the system. It was a pretty piss poor attempt at compliance.
With the one nearest us they could yellow tape off the general merchandise in 20 minutes with a roll of yellow tape.

Work just announced a mobile clinic on site next week to begin vaccinations of employees. Moderna and Pfizer.

Work just announced a mobile clinic on site next week to begin vaccinations of employees. Moderna and Pfizer.
Is work in an identified hot zone? Where is the supply coming from? I could see the multi-nationals securing their own supply direct (like they did with testing).

Is work in an identified hot zone? Where is the supply coming from? I could see the multi-nationals securing their own supply direct (like they did with testing).
Nope.
Good question.

Guess we’re on some kinda essential workers list.

EDIT; administered by York Region Health Services Department.

I betcha a whole bunch of employees at Evoex's place of work are coming from hot zones.

@Evoex - Are they doing just your plant, or that plus the small one around the corner plus the main plant down the street? Or is it open to the whole neighborhood? I imagine they'll be setting up in someone's parking lot, or maybe in the baseball fields nearby.

(for those who don't know what the heck is going on, the company that Evoex works for is one of my customers, and yes, it is a multinational)

That’s not good at all. But it might scare some people straight.
If this ******** is allowed to happen it lies solely at the steps of failing government and the ability to think past their own political gains

I betcha a whole bunch of employees at Evoex's place of work are coming from hot zones.

@Evoex - Are they doing just your plant, or that plus the small one around the corner plus the main plant down the street? Or is it open to the whole neighborhood? I imagine they'll be setting up in someone's parking lot, or maybe in the baseball fields nearby.

(for those who don't know what the heck is going on, the company that Evoex works for is one of my customers, and yes, it is a multinational)
Our parking lot, as far as i'm aware it's just us. We were already cautioned they will probably have to make another trip to jab everyone.

How FN sad is that, us a G7 country and talking about letting people die because they are taking up medication and space in a hospital

Fault for ICUs filling up lies solely at the steps of people failing to stay home when they were told to, and failing to stay out of public gathering spots when they were told to, and failing to put on masks when they were told to.

Fault for ICUs filling up lies solely at the steps of people failing to stay home when they were told to, and failing to stay out of public gathering spots when they were told to, and failing to put on masks when they were told to.
Partial yes, the rest falls on government failure to get vaccine like other G7 countries

If it wasn’t from the failure in the beginning of this crap, we wouldn’t be put in this position

I disagree.

Edit: Politicians, medical experts and citizens haven't taken this seriously from the beginning.

Ottawa is closing down some streets from motor vehicle traffic for people to go for a walk, bike or gathering.
Oh, and they're allowing free 30 minute parking at some of the downtown lots to encourage people to shop there.

I would expect Lakeshore in Toronto to be closed, if not for the Gardiner rehab project. It might anyways.

Last edited:
Wish we were like Bhutan...

Or maybe their data just wasn't reported in a timely manner...20210409_172203.jpg

That’s not good at all. But it might scare some people straight.
It's more likely to scare the ones that are at risk of getting Covid than the ones that are spreading it.

A 35 year old gets and spreads it to a 65 year old. The 35 year old gets the ICU bed and they pull the plug on the 65 YO.

Partial yes, the rest falls on government failure to get vaccine like other G7 countries

If it wasn’t from the failure in the beginning of this crap, we wouldn’t be put in this position
The failures during the first wave can be explained by to the sudden unknown path of the disease. The second and third waves are the result of the country and province being led by non-leaders.

Our parking lot, as far as i'm aware it's just us. We were already cautioned they will probably have to make another trip to jab everyone.
Wife's company did that in the U.S. but not here yet.

Will be interesting if companies start competing with the government for resources.

The failures during the first wave can be explained by to the sudden unknown path of the disease. The second and third waves are the result of the country and province being led by non-leaders.
Not going to hash on about this much, but boy wonder could have closed our country tighter than he did, i was going through the airport every two wks since the beginning of this. Lots of movement going on back then

A friend's wife (Nova Scotia) texted that she got her first Moderna last month and is scheduled for #2 soon. Her hubby is in LTC and she is a designated care provider. He's in rough shape with kidney failure and bad news could come anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom