Elephant in the Covid room | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem as I see it is the surge in hospitals was less than 1,000 people in Ontario.
What will we do if there's a crisis?

The problem as I see it is the surge in hospitals was less than 1,000 people in Ontario.
Die.

Have you seen the working triage plan? It isn't finalized but it doesn't give anyone the warm fuzzies. They evaluate your odds of living for 12 months or more with treatment to decide if you get a chance. If your odds of dying exceed 70/50/30% IIRC for stage 1/2/3 respectively, they call it and you die now. That means for stage 3, if you have a 70% chance of living, they give up and you die now. If they get worse than Stage 3, they stop looking at odds and a hospital administrator "randomly" picks who gets treated and who dies now.

Die.

Have you seen the working triage plan? It isn't finalized but it doesn't give anyone the warm fuzzies. They evaluate your odds of living for 12 months or more with treatment to decide if you get a chance. If your odds of dying exceed 70/50/30% IIRC for stage 1/2/3 respectively, they call it and you die now. That means for stage 3, if you have a 70% chance of living, they give up and you die now. If they get worse than Stage 3, they stop looking at odds and a hospital administrator "randomly" picks who gets treated and who dies now.

Ray? Is that you?

Ray of Sunshine?

I saw that too. I think I'm going to watch some inane comedy tonight as I need a good laugh.

Ray? Is that you?

Ray of Sunshine?

I saw that too. I think I'm going to watch some inane comedy tonight as I need a good laugh.
Well I'm hoping we never get to that plan because it sucks large. I didn't read enough of it to see what the thresholds were to decide what stage we were in or if that was just a political game as well.

Die.

Leading into multiple lawsuits if this happens.

Setup temp outdoor military style hospitals. I believe Sunnybrook might have already something like this in place.

Die.

In other words, broadly identical to what they were forced to do in northern Italy over a year ago. The mortality rate spikes as a result. Good thing we were "open for business" and loosening restrictions as recently as March 20. At least in Hamilton, that's when they decided to allow up to 50 (!) people inside a restaurant. At the same press conference, they admitted we were entering a 'third wave'. It just boggles the mind...

@sburns yes, Sunnybrook and Joseph Brant in Burlington both have them...I read an article from the Toronto Sun today saying the one at Sunnybrook is empty and a coworker of mine lives down the street from JB and she says it too is empty...apparently cases are being farmed out to hospitals in areas that aren't as busy, but who knows...

@sburns yes, Sunnybrook and Joseph Brant in Burlington both have them...I read an article from the Toronto Sun today saying the one at Sunnybrook is empty and a coworker of mine lives down the street from JB and she says it too is empty...apparently cases are being farmed out to hospitals in areas that aren't as busy, but who knows...
Yes, other hospitals with capacity; like sick kids and the new vaughan hospital are taking overflow.

Yes, other hospitals with capacity; like sick kids and the new vaughan hospital are taking overflow.
And shipping them to soldiers and kingston general and . . .

They are trying to keep some space in the hot spots so if it explodes they can quickly accommodate patients.

Do you know what vaccine you got? Not trying to stir up any contraversry, my parents both got Pfhizer, and most other people I know who got the shot were also Pfhizer.
AZ.

EyZWWmSWYAkW1wu

From a bogoch tweet:

ANYBODY in Ontario who lives in a high burden neighbourhood who is 18 years and older will be eligible for #COVID19 vaccination.
Not on the list.

You're the first person I know that got AZ. The rest got pfizer.
I was among the first to get it, I think the first doses arrived Tuesday, I know I was the 3rd person to be jabbed after they setup. The clinic had an allocation of 400 doses, there was no line, I was in and out in 20 minutes (lots of paperwork). They had open appointment slots, the were taking walk ins who didn’t register providing they were over 50.

My feeling is take what you can get. I no longer have a choice, my path is charted. If you haven’t been vaccinated and decide to wait for your preferred cocktail, Covid could get you first.

I slept well last night knowing a motorcycle accident went back into first place as my risk of dying this year.

I tried two places to book a jab. First was Tuesday using the PC App for Shoppers Drug Mart (Im guessing, dont think they do it at Super Store pharmacy but could be wrong). Got a text saying I was on the list but nothing since. Yesterday I tried the Ont Gov site. Could have chosen any day next week but I chose Friday to give me the weekend to recuperate (in case). Brampton, over 60, directed to the new clinic at Chris Gibson for Phizer or Moderna instead of a pharmacy for Astra.

Hot spot and old. Easy peasy. Not sure about having to wait for the second jab until Aug but its booked and Im hoping if they change their mind or get more supply they will move that up.

Just heard from a buddy in the healthcare business . People are booking appointments with drug stores in several locations . They are also doing this to get their second shot .

I would have thought someone was keeping track .

Now is the time to throw the vaccine at as many as possible. Open up as many temp jab clinics as you can, anywhere and everywhere. The issue has been the same as real estate...location, location location. If people dont have to travel very far and dont have to wait for hours they will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom