Elephant in the Covid room | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you getting that from?
EyZWWmSWYAkW1wu

From a bogoch tweet:

ANYBODY in Ontario who lives in a high burden neighbourhood who is 18 years and older will be eligible for #COVID19 vaccination.

It’s such a circus in Halton to even get on the list. Tried to see if i could in if an appointment didn’t such at the gellert centre. What i seen from being so disorganized it was a shitshow

EyZWWmSWYAkW1wu

From a bogoch tweet:

ANYBODY in Ontario who lives in a high burden neighbourhood who is 18 years and older will be eligible for #COVID19 vaccination.
On the list!

EyZWWmSWYAkW1wu

From a bogoch tweet:

ok what and where are the high burden neighbourhoods? Wtf is a bogoch? This is such a shitshow.

ok what and where are the high burden neighbourhoods? Wtf is a bogoch? This is such a shitshow.
Dr Isaac Bogoch is an infectious disease doctor (@sunnybrook IIRC). He has become the GTA's talking head for the media to discuss what is being done/should be done. As usual, the province talked a bunch but didn't nicely lay out the data to make it easy for people to find and process. The image I posted came from Bogoch and nicely laid out the postal codes and areas. I agree, I think he screwed up with terminology between high burden and hot spot. I think they are the same but it would have been much clearer if he kept constant terminology (or if they are different, it is critical that he points this out and explains the difference).

It’s such a circus in Halton to even get on the list. Tried to see if i could in if an appointment didn’t such at the gellert centre. What i seen from being so disorganized it was a shitshow

I booked an appointment there online yesterday for Modena or Phizer a week from Saturday. Could have gotten an earlier one during the week.

Dr Isaac Bogoch is an infectious disease doctor (@sunnybrook IIRC). He has become the GTA's talking head for the media to discuss what is being done/should be done. As usual, the province talked a bunch but didn't nicely lay out the data to make it easy for people to find and process. The image I posted came from Bogoch and nicely laid out the postal codes and areas. I agree, I think he screwed up with terminology between high burden and hot spot. I think they are the same but it would have been much clearer if he kept constant terminology (or if they are different, it is critical that he points this out and explains the difference).
Instead of an image all I saw was EyZWWmSWYAkW1wu. Apparently, I had to click it and say view image.
Did we simply flush money into politician's pockets by making a plan after sars? or did we forget to make one?

Is Bogoch the voice of the government now? If not, then wtf is the media going to him? Can't find anything from the government on this.

There's nothing on the Ontario covid vaccine sign up for it either. I tried punching in postal code K1V and it gave the usual categories, there was no high burden, hot spot, or high risk area in the dropdown box.

Edit: Greater Ottawa isn't doing nearly as well as the GTA, earliest appointment I could get was in two weeks, for the over 60 class.
Will they even have supply by then? There were only a half million or so in line in front of me.
I would have expected better, since many people were supposedly signing up at their cottages on the Quebec side, and traveling to Kingston, Toronto, and even Sharbot Lake.

Is Toronto still the centre of the universe?

Last edited:
I booked an appointment there online yesterday for Modena or Phizer a week from Saturday. Could have gotten an earlier one during the week.
How did you get the appointment that wasn’t at a pharmacy

Instead of an image all I saw was EyZWWmSWYAkW1wu. Apparently, I had to click it and say view image.
Did we simply flush money into politician's pockets by making a plan after sars? or did we forget to make one?

Is Bogoch the voice of the government now? If not, then wtf is the media going to him? Can't find anything from the government on this.

There's nothing on the Ontario covid vaccine sign up for it either. I tried punching in postal code K1V and it gave the usual categories, there was no high burden, hot spot, or high risk area in the dropdown box.
I can understand your confusion if the image didn't show. It shows for me. Are you using tapatalk?

Bogoch is definitely not the official voice of gov't. I am actually surprised they haven't silenced him as he is employed by gov't. I have no idea why the gov't continues to suck so badly at conveying information accurately and easily. It seems simple enough to have a website where you plug in your postal code and it tells you the rules, vaccine eligibility and links/phone numbers to get on vaccination lists in your area.

I can understand your confusion if the image didn't show. It shows for me. Are you using tapatalk?

Bogoch is definitely not the official voice of gov't. I am actually surprised they haven't silenced him as he is employed by gov't. I have no idea why the gov't continues to suck so badly at conveying information accurately and easily. It seems simple enough to have a website where you plug in your postal code and it tells you the rules, vaccine eligibility and links/phone numbers to get on vaccination lists in your area.
It's already there: How to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment. First thing you type in is your postal code.
It even queues you if too many people try to sign on at once.
You'd expect that the media would be onboard with sending a clear and consistent message.

It’s almost like a strategy they have to not be clear on the information

How did you get the appointment that wasn’t at a pharmacy
Go here: How to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment
Put in your postal code.
Pick a category from the dropdown.
5K1t5sA.jpg

If you pick 55-59, you'll be sent to a pick a pharmacy page.
If you don't other than 55-59 (and possibly others), you'll be asked for your health card number.

The goofy thing for me and a few others, was that the first site they put in the dropdown was for the current day, and was full.
You then had to go back, and pick a different location/date range.

I know people here that signed up a week ago on the pharmacy site waiting lists, and still haven't gotten any feedback as to a date.

One person in AB used doordash 962 times in 2020.
My kids have been using UberEats. Drives me crazy at the waste. All those McDonalds paper bags covered in tape. Over 20 times in one month. Told them I'm going to start charging them rent if they can afford that, and it thankfully has slowed them down.

The crowded icu they are yapping about is in downtown TO, well I’m sry too burst your bubble but Ontario is bigger then downtown Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom