Electric Dirt Bikes?

mimico_polak

Well-known member
Site Supporter
The itch is getting stronger by the day, and while I don't expect to get back into street riding in the near future...Simcoe County Forests have a host of trails that are a stone's throw away from the cottage.

I'm slightly familiar with dirt bikes, but has anyone used electric dirt bikes on trails? They should be light enough to toss into the back of the Maverick and it's a literal 5min drive in one direction to some trails, and 10min in another direction where I can stop the car, take the bike off, and toodle I go.

Recommendations? Thoughts? I understand that I'll need insurance for SCF, but I'm not sure how that works with electric dirt bikes.
 
I don't know if you can get insurance on the emotos. Insurance is required for Simcoe forests/SCORRA trails. Some people in the neighbourhood have gas and electric dirtbikes. I think they just ride dirty on the electric bikes. They are damn quiet so unless you run over someone, you won't piss many people off with them. A neighbour is selling their emoto and wants $4K. Not sure the make and model.

One neighbour picked up a super baller emtb. MSRP was close to 20k. He sold his dirtbike and rides that. Power makes it more fun when you are old and out of shape. Not a legal ebike (too much power) but it also uses pedals and not footpegs so I would hope the cops would show you mercy.
 
I don't know if you can get insurance on the emotos. Insurance is required for Simcoe forests/SCORRA trails. Some people in the neighbourhood have gas and electric dirtbikes. I think they just ride dirty on the electric bikes. They are damn quiet so unless you run over someone, you won't piss many people off with them. A neighbour is selling their emoto and wants $4K. Not sure the make and model.

One neighbour picked up a super baller emtb. MSRP was close to 20k. He sold his dirtbike and rides that. Power makes it more fun when you are old and out of shape. Not a legal ebike (too much power) but it also uses pedals and not footpegs so I would hope the cops would show you mercy.
Thanks! I'm trying to stay within the limits of the law...as close to them as possible.

There are a ton of Chinese options available, but obviously quality / parts availability will be hit or miss.

And I'm pretty sure e-mountain bikes don't go on those trails (and not interested in those anyway).
 
Thanks! I'm trying to stay within the limits of the law...as close to them as possible.

There are a ton of Chinese options available, but obviously quality / parts availability will be hit or miss.

And I'm pretty sure e-mountain bikes don't go on those trails (and not interested in those anyway).
Look at segway as they may come with ownership and be able to be licensed and insured.

Sent from my Pixel 10 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks! I'm trying to stay within the limits of the law...as close to them as possible.

There are a ton of Chinese options available, but obviously quality / parts availability will be hit or miss.

And I'm pretty sure e-mountain bikes don't go on those trails (and not interested in those anyway).
Actually looks like you can green plate a surron as well and get insurance. Call epic cycles they should know.

Sent from my Pixel 10 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom