DriveTest Sticker requirement | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

DriveTest Sticker requirement

Partner ordered her stickers online via renewal and mail, a month or so after expiry (Mar expiry), took about a month and half to arrive but we got it. Just put the sticker on today.
As repetitious as above, examiners can be lax or hard, but none of them are ever as hard as their absolute requirements I find. They're people too, with a job to do.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Should have just told the examiner you already renewed it online and are just waiting for it in the mail.

On that note, you can, or could have renewed it online, through out this whole COVID ordeal and received them within a week or 2.
Actually it took a little longer this year. Normally it's less than two weeks, but this year I ordered mine in early June and didn't receive them until mid-July. Just short of 6 weeks. At five weeks I sent an email asking about the status, haven't heard back on that yet.

Rules were relaxed for a short while, that is long done.
True, driver test examiners are just regular people :/ that seem to really hate their work.
.... it must be one of those dead end government jobs.

Rules were relaxed for a short while, that is long done.
True, driver test examiners are just regular people :/ that seem to really hate their work.
.... it must be one of those dead end government jobs.
Have you seen how bad some people that passed are at driving? How bad were the ones that failed? Can you imagine repeatedly strapping yourself into a car and having no idea if the person driving has any skills or situational awareness? Any excuse to can the test gives you one less chance to die and doesnt affect your income.

Have you seen how bad some people that passed are at driving? How bad were the ones that failed? Can you imagine repeatedly strapping yourself into a car and having no idea if the person driving has any skills or situational awareness? Any excuse to can the test gives you one less chance to die and doesnt affect your income.
Examiners don't ride on the back of the bike.

At the same time they don't know why you don't have the sticker. Just that you don't.
If you can't be bothered replacing the sticker, maybe you've done the same for the brake pads, fluids etc. etc.
It's up to you to jump through their hoops, not the reverse.

Yea basically I didn't want to renew same time as my car as I was thinking of switching to a trials or pure off road bike so I let the sticker slide on this dual-sport bike. Don't know what some of you guys did to renew online but I tried last night and no Bueno, told me to go to service Ontario when I tried to pay it wouldn't take it. If the examiners job is on the line even during covid for a detail like that I understand now and yea as for bike maintenance good point if I slack on the sticker can infer poor maintenance. However, I went to rebook the test online, found a timeslot and now the want to rip me off, charging $136 instead of normal $91 claiming a $42 out of order fee (I wasn't refunded my first road test fee). Examiner told me I'd be getting a 50% discount for my next test not a surcharge!

Examiners don't ride on the back of the bike.

At the same time they don't know why you don't have the sticker. Just that you don't.
If you can't be bothered replacing the sticker, maybe you've done the same for the brake pads, fluids etc. etc.
It's up to you to jump through their hoops, not the reverse.
I was more thinking of in-car examination as the examiner is safe on a bike test. It would still be upsetting to watch people become hood ornaments because they are nervous and making bad decisions.

I renewed my sticker on-line in April (required for mid-June). Never received it so went to the Service Ont. office in late June to inquire. I just happened to get one of the senior ladies there when It was my turn to go to the window and make my inquiry. Once I asked about why I had not received my sticker, that they had received the funds for, she proceeded to chew me a new one. Asked if I know there was a pandemic and that things were moving more slowly because of it. Then told me there were no workers left to issue the stickers (the office there was full of workers). She then told me my sticker status was "in process" and if I wanted more info. I would need to call Doug Ford because only he would know when I would get it. This statement was so idiotic I didn't even have a response. Just shook my head and left before the anger really set in otherwise, I might be in jail for assault at the moment. I finally got my sticker in the mail late July. It's on now but holy F***! What a BS run around!

I renewed my sticker on-line in April (required for mid-June). Never received it so went to the Service Ont. office in late June to inquire. I just happened to get one of the senior ladies there when It was my turn to go to the window and make my inquiry. Once I asked about why I had not received my sticker, that they had received the funds for, she proceeded to chew me a new one. Asked if I know there was a pandemic and that things were moving more slowly because of it. Then told me there were no workers left to issue the stickers (the office there was full of workers). She then told me my sticker status was "in process" and if I wanted more info. I would need to call Doug Ford because only he would know when I would get it. This statement was so idiotic I didn't even have a response. Just shook my head and left before the anger really set in otherwise, I might be in jail for assault at the moment. I finally got my sticker in the mail late July. It's on now but holy F***! What a BS run around!

#government

Service Ontario isn't government run however...it's a private for profit company contracted by the government to do their bidding.

For all the people who say the private sector can do things better than government (Therefore everything should be farmed out), Service Ontario is proof positive that's not always true.

Service Ontario isn't government run however...it's a private for profit company contracted by the government to do their bidding.

For all the people who say the private sector can do things better than government (Therefore everything should be farmed out), Service Ontario is proof positive that's not always true.
Well, the income stream they get is pretty crap. You get what you pay for. SO owners either accept the pittance or quit the game. Some SO are government shops, most are contractors.

I know they don't make a ton of money on each thing they handle, but face it, they handle tens (hundreds?) of millions of transactions every year.

Even if you only make $1 on every transaction, well, these places have to be profitable, especially when they're employing what I'm pretty sure are minimum wage paper pushers doing the actual work. Aside from that, what...an internet connection and rent for the storefront?

Service Ontario is government; Drive Test is privatized.

She then told me my sticker status was "in process" and if I wanted more info. I would need to call Doug Ford because only he would know when I would get it.
It would be nice if customers could have access to some form of tracking on their order, like most every other site that has online ordering!

I asked that question when I sent my email to them. In their reply they suggested if I have not received my stickers I should go to a Service Ontario office to check the status. The whole reason I order online is to avoid having to go to their office and waste an hour or so of my time! They didn't bother to provide a response to the suggestion of an online tracking tool for purchases made on their site.

Maybe off topic a bit - But what is the purpose of a sticker renewal every year? Road tax? But isn't that paid through fuel taxes. I mean paying $10 a month just to drive your vehicle, for the foreseeable future is quite high!

Back
Top Bottom