DriveTest Sticker requirement | GTAMotorcycle.com

DriveTest Sticker requirement

Just a heads up for anyone doing there m1 exit or m2 exit, I went today to do my m2 exit and was instantly disqualified due to expired sticker since November 2019. Lost half road test fee (didnt meet covid 19 extension since April). Prick of an examiner considering how little it matters and Ive had two cops behind me this week that didnt pull me over. No flexibility in the rules I guess, my fault for not checking at end of day.

Just a heads up for anyone doing there m1 exit or m2 exit, I went today to do my m2 exit and was instantly disqualified due to expired sticker since November 2019. Lost half road test fee (didnt meet covid 19 extension since April). Prick of an examiner considering how little it matters and Ive had two cops behind me this week that didnt pull me over. No flexibility in the rules I guess, my fault for not checking at end of day.
Because two cops didn't bother hassling you, you are mad at the examiner? Examiners have always been sticklers for the rules. As for how little it matters, is your liability insurance valid if you are riding an unlicensed vehicle on the street?

Gee, imagine that!

Gee whiz, another wannabe cop.....

back in the day, the examiner made sure you knew how to ride the motorcycle, it was not their concern to police your sticker....

I had an expired sticker when I did my test, I passed, only after the test did the examiner mention the expired plates, all he said was I hope you don’t get caught getting home, it would be a shame to get a ticket on your first day...I took all the side streets I could find that day to get home.

just out of curiosity, do they have the right to fail you for this?, is it really in their scope?

just out of curiosity, do they have the right to fail you for this?, is it really in their scope?.
I've heard them give sillier reasons, it's the luck of the draw,
when my mother-in-law got her license, the examiner just wanted her to drive him to the beer store and back (y) she passed the test ?

Of course I have valid insurance with proof, registration etc. If it was an "unlicensed" vehicle you really think two cops at separate times wouldn't have pulled me over while they sat behind me at the light with an expired sticker in clear view? I imagine they would have run my plates at least. Anyways I accept it was my fault not the examiners, just thought any considerate person would have proceeded since we are advised not to go to service ontario unless necessary (cant renew online now after expired).

Sorry K-Mart,but i can't help but think of this video.She didn't deserve it.She should have been given a warning.

Can't say I haven't forgotten, but not for nine months.
You might get away with it for a period, if it was due after April, because of the COVID.

Another three months and you would have been free and clear.
0fb4762bbb703d1d4ac8dce02c682a9426dfc0573b73a8979c13ec05650d0c40.jpg

Edit: Without your sticker your vehicle doesn't have a proper license.
Without a proper license, your vehicle isn't compliant for doing the test.
If the examiner let's you do the test with a non-compliant vehicle, they can lose their license, and income source.
Without income, they can't feed, cloth or house themselves or their family.
So, for them, it's a much bigger deal, than you make it out to be.

Last edited:
I never miss paying mine,
even this year I had the sticker by the time I needed it, but I have a secret weapon,

ǝɟᴉʍ ɐ ǝʌɐɥ I

Of course I have valid insurance with proof, registration etc. If it was an "unlicensed" vehicle you really think two cops at separate times wouldn't have pulled me over while they sat behind me at the light with an expired sticker in clear view?

You assume that the cops look at or run the plate of every single vehicle they pull up behind.

I assure you, contrary to popular belief, they do not.

You showed up for a road test on an unlicensed vehicle. Your fault, no theirs.

Should have just told the examiner you already renewed it online and are just waiting for it in the mail.

On that note, you can, or could have renewed it online, through out this whole COVID ordeal and received them within a week or 2.

Should have just told the examiner you already renewed it online and are just waiting for it in the mail.

You still have to carry proof of that - you get a printout that shows the renewal is in the mail.

You also can't renew a sticker online beyond its expiry date, so that wouldn't have flown anyways.

You still have to carry proof of that - you get a printout that shows the renewal is in the mail.

You also can't renew a sticker online beyond its expiry date, so that wouldn't have flown anyways.

Ah the printout, tell the examiner your dog ate it lol...

I thought one could get one online even passed the expiry, I renewed my license online passed it's expiry date a few weeks back, and in the past did that with the stickers too. Maybe things changed

Ah the printout, tell the examiner your dog ate it lol...

I thought one could get one online even passed the expiry, I renewed my license online passed it's expiry date a few weeks back, and in the past did that with the stickers too. Maybe things changed
When did you expire? I suspect the rules will be different if it was after mar 1 or april 1 or whenever the province shut down. The ones expired before that date are expired and for a while had no easy way to renew (a couple SO in the province were open). Expiry after that date you are good until they pull the plug. I havent heard rumours of a date yet.

I have renewed stickers years after expiry online never had any issue.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

I guess I can kind of see how this happened
birthday in November, bike is parked for the year

let it slide until spring for the new sticker
then covid happens

inspector could have overlooked this
but chose not too

unlucky roll of the dice
but 100% OP's responsibility

I guess I can kind of see how this happened
birthday in November, bike is parked for the year

let it slide until spring for the new sticker
then covid happens

inspector could have overlooked this
but chose not too

unlucky roll of the dice
but 100% OP's responsibility
Sucks but an online renewal in the spring would have avoided a lot of hassle. Examiner followed the rules he is supposed to check that stuff.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom