DriveTest Sticker requirement | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

DriveTest Sticker requirement

Maybe off topic a bit - But what is the purpose of a sticker renewal every year? Road tax? But isn't that paid through fuel taxes. I mean paying $10 a month just to drive your vehicle, for the foreseeable future is quite high!

Revenue. The same reason they collect taxes everytime a used vehicle changes hands.

It would be nice if customers could have access to some form of tracking on their order, like most every other site that has online ordering!

They must already have that in place just not accessible by us (the people paying for the stickers). I say this because when I went to the Service Ontario location, the person I dealt with punched something into her computer then said ...... your order is "in process" and I have no idea when it will be mailed to you. I mentioned they had accepted my payment in less than 24 hrs but the sticker was still outstanding months later. The conversation went downhill from there :(

Perhaps they have now cleared their backlog for online orders? I ordered and paid for mine in April. Received it late July. I carried the proof or order/payment around with me after my old one expired in case I got stopped (never did get pulled over). I'm not sure if they are getting back to looking for expired tags now or not. They are enforcing parking fines again now pretty much all over and increasing parking fines substantially in a few jurisdictions where parking at beach & some park locations has become a real problem.

Examiners don't ride on the back of the bike.

Really??
I can't believe I fell for that!
Next you're gonna tell me that they don't really give you a free hot dog to eat after you pass.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Really??
I can't believe I fell for that!
Next you're gonna tell me that they don't really give you a free hot dog to eat after you pass.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Nope, but some will end the test at a fast food joint.

I was going to mention, that at one point we had to renew the whole license plate, and not just the sticker, but it's been so long that I'm fuzzy on whether it was true or not. When I was a kid growing up in Toronto, there was about one car per three - five families on our street. Lots of room to play ball hockey.

Nope, but some will end the test at a fast food joint.

I was going to mention, that at one point we had to renew the whole license plate, and not just the sticker, but it's been so long that I'm fuzzy on whether it was true or not. When I was a kid growing up in Toronto, there was about one car per three - five families on our street. Lots of room to play ball hockey.
You're correct. Not only did you get a new plate every year; I remember when everyone renewed their plates the same month. March if I remember correctly. Almost the shittiest month to be kneeling in the driveway changing the plates. Didn't have nice plastic bushings to screw into either, so you were almost always fighting the rust to get the plate unscrewed. Uphill both ways Get off my lawn

You're correct. Not only did you get a new plate every year; I remember when everyone renewed their plates the same month. March if I remember correctly. Almost the shittiest month to be kneeling in the driveway changing the plates. Didn't have nice plastic bushings to screw into either, so you were almost always fighting the rust to get the plate unscrewed. Uphill both ways Get off my lawn

New number to remember as well. Before vanity plates some aficionados would shop for special numbered plates and drive all over the province to get them. I knew a guy that had a 300 HP 327 CI and ended up in Owen Sound to get a plate 330 327.

New number to remember as well. Before vanity plates some aficionados would shop for special numbered plates and drive all over the province to get them. I knew a guy that had a 300 HP 327 CI and ended up in Owen Sound to get a plate 330 327.
Oh yeah, about a decade ago; Had maybe 10 friends with BMWs, they all spent 3 months hunting for plates that start with BMWZ

Back
Top Bottom