Damon motorcycles | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Damon motorcycles

Tesla and a few others use 800 volt AC charging systems for quick charge.
What possibly could go wrong!
When everybody owns electric cars gasoline will be $0.25 a litre.

350kW charging stations can already deliver it. The safety of this is up to certification and approval authorities like CSA, UL, TuV, etc.

You're making an assumption of an overnight switchover to EV without an associated change of supply vs demand. In reality that's going to be a gradual shift over 30 years ... meanwhile, nobody is building new petroleum refineries (and nobody in their right mind would invest), and supply is already shifting away from "easy" sources (which are mostly done) and towards tougher sources that cost more to deal with (oil sands etc).

Heard of "fracking" and the controversy over it? It's done that way because if you want natural gas today, that's mostly how it has to be extracted. The easy spots with natural gas sitting trapped and waiting for someone to drill a hole are mostly done.

Suncor was producing oil from the tar sands for $12.00 a barrel before they spent billions to expand.
There is no shortage of oil in the world with most of the infrastructure already in place to expand production of known resources.
Nobody wants pipelines but they don't want nuclear reactors either.
Our only current options are being held hostage for China made solar panels (95% of world production) or being held hostage by European manufacturers of wind turbines.
If the people of the Western world are so worried about global warming why are they buying massive power consuming electric SUVs.
The electrical transmition infrastructure needs massive amounts of cash influx to handle future demand.
I am sure a lot of the issues will be resolved but it may take a lot more than Government deadlines. There are always exeptions buit in to appease the voter. Maybe I am just cynical after living thru the gas shortages of the 70s when people rushed out to buy little economy cars only to trade them in on Cadilacs 5 years later. I own a hybrid electric bicycle because it allows me to get exercise even if I am no longer capable of peddaling a conventual bicycle. I would consider a small inexpensive electric car for shopping trips as long as I can rent a gas powered vehicle for longer trips. Since I am not interested in speed or massive excelleration I see no reason to own an electric motorcycle. I can do 500km per tank on my Guzzi and it only takes 5 minutes to fill.
I am still waiting for that "practical" flying car they promised me 60 years ago.

Just cancelled my reservation at least I might get 100 dollars back looks like this thing is dead.

Sent from the future

If the people of the Western world are so worried about global warming why are they buying massive power consuming electric SUVs.
most of your post is on the money but in Ontario there is almost zero AGW impact from electricity....it's all nuclear and hydro.
Even without that an EV is more efficient than an ICE vehicle. If you are going to get soccer moms off their gas guzzlers they need a big vehicle - not an EV roller skate

Last edited:
I'm leaving my reservation active ... but the date has been pushed off (now a vague "2024") and I'm not optimistic.

There was an update as of a couple of days ago ... they're now showing a design-freeze prototype. Has mirrors, license plate mountings, turn signals, a headlight assembly that looks more manufacturable, etc. I'd have to say it looks really good but this is something that should have happened a long, long time ago. A year between design-freeze and start of mass-production is plausible IF you have the money to make it happen.

The Reddit thread is news to me (I don't do reddit) but it also doesn't surprise me. Vancouver is a terrible choice for locating an automotive assembly plant (which is basically what this is). Looks like that was money out the window that could have been better spent.

If they'd decided to move to southern Ontario, and brought some money, I'm pretty sure we would have this done by now. There's suppliers for everything the auto industry needs around here, and lots of people with the know-how to make it happen.

Last edited:
Shock.jpg

The Reddit thread is interesting.
The move to California reinforces the idea that they are just chasing grant money around.
AFAIK, they were already well along the way on their BC production facility. How else do you justify taking such a loss?
Nevermind, those were just renders as well.
The site is untouched.

I'm not surprised, just a little disappointed.

*Edited for accuracy

Last edited:
I think they've been chasing venture-capital investors around, while hoping for a buyout from a major player. To me, it looks like they underestimated what it would take to build a production ready vehicle, and prematurely committed to building a production plant which has now sat empty for a year. Of course, the pandemic and supply chain headaches haven't helped.

Building vehicles is hard.

View attachment 60689

The Reddit thread is interesting.
The move to California reinforces the idea that they are just chasing grant money around.
AFAIK, they were already well along the way on their BC production facility. How else do you justify taking such a loss?
Nevermind, those were just renders as well.
The site is untouched.

View attachment 60690

I'm not surprised, just a little disappointed.

Look again. 12826 BC-99A

My bad. I don't know if that makes it worse or better.

Not good, for sure. It means they've got capital tied up in an empty building which probably could have been better used to get the product more fully developed sooner.

Google Maps and Streetview images are all out of date ... only question is by how much. (some of them are by years)

If Ducati capitalises on MotoE and turns that into a production bike, Damon is toast. I'd rather buy a Ducati than an unknown, and I'm sure others have similar views. This will be season 1 for Ducati in MotoE. I betcha, if Ducati put their minds to it and with VW Group resources behind them, they could turn that into a production bike in a year.

I'm not concerned with the hundred bucks I put into this. I can let it sit.

Not good, for sure. It means they've got capital tied up in an empty building which probably could have been better used to get the product more fully developed sooner.

Google Maps and Streetview images are all out of date ... only question is by how much. (some of them are by years)

If Ducati capitalises on MotoE and turns that into a production bike, Damon is toast. I'd rather buy a Ducati than an unknown, and I'm sure others have similar views. This will be season 1 for Ducati in MotoE. I betcha, if Ducati put their minds to it and with VW Group resources behind them, they could turn that into a production bike in a year.

I'm not concerned with the hundred bucks I put into this. I can let it sit.
I misread the date on the photo. I thought it was 2023, but that was the copyright. Photo date was 2020.

There must have been a massive incentive to pull up stakes and move to California.

Also rumors that Suzuki is positioning itself to go electric, which is the reason why they have halted development of their production motorcycles and pulled out of racing.

Going electric is a timing exercise for the manufacturers. Too early and the infrastructure, battery density and recharge technology will not be ready for prime time. They've got lots of time, imo.

I misread the date on the photo. I thought it was 2023, but that was the copyright. Photo date was 2020.

There must have been a massive incentive to pull up stakes and move to California.
Or it is just a stall technique

Sent from the future

I think they've been chasing venture-capital investors around, while hoping for a buyout from a major player. To me, it looks like they underestimated what it would take to build a production ready vehicle, and prematurely committed to building a production plant which has now sat empty for a year. Of course, the pandemic and supply chain headaches haven't helped.

Building vehicles is hard.
Agreed. This seems to be the end game. String everyone along until someones buys them out. Rinse and repeat for the C level people.

I have been trying to follow the reddit threads for awhile, and the stuff that people have been able to dig up, right or wrong, technical or strategic, is very interesting.

Agreed. This seems to be the end game. String everyone along until someones buys them out. Rinse and repeat for the C level people.
Who cares about a buyout? Just keep landing more rounds of investors. C level is doing fine. So far they have at least 54M USD from 14 organizations and that doesn't include the latest Indika deal.

Back
Top Bottom