Damon motorcycles | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Damon motorcycles

A motorcycle assembly line is peanuts compared to automotive, and you can build them in any space , Hesketh did it in the basement of an English manor house .
This is "part" of the future folks , build in canada where is 30% cheaper than the US , keep the union OUT. And somebody is going to figure this out , why not them??

And build a sport bike out of the gate because you can ask $25-30K , build an everymans motorbike and you have all the punters wanting to know why is it not $6,900 bucks .

Hope they get there

Been watching this company for a while with some interest. I'm not sure they have even delivered any units to customers at this point so it's hard to gage. They seem to have secured some additional funding recently and released a naked prototype but again really limited presence across Canada. It seems to be all marketing and securing deposits at this point.

Last edited:
Was able to get refund on my deposit with no problem. 2 years ago they said that delivery was January this year that is why i put down deposit. After that, there was no update from them at all. Put deposit on 2022 Panigale V4 and asked dealer to get it by May this year. They said it can be delivered much earlier than that but i refused since it doesn't make sense to have a new bike during non-rideable period.

Been watching this company for a while with some interest. I'm not sure they have even delivered any units to customers at this point so it's hard to gage. They seem to have secured some additional funding recently and released a naked prototype but again really limited presence across Canada. It seems to be all marketing and securing deposits at this point.

Marketing and deposits seems to be the story for allot of start-up EVs, both 2 and 4 wheels. A proto-type and mass production are a long ways apart. I built a "naked prototype" on a v-star frame this fall. Cost me a few thousand and a few months of working an hour at a time after the kids go to bed.

Awesome. Post pics when you get it. Maybe the damon will work out a few years down the road after you have enjoyed the sweet sounds of the V4 for a while.
Yes that's exactly the point while ICE is still here ;). Maybe sell V4 after 3 years and get latest damon. V4 was in store since last week but will pick it up by 3rd week of April.

I am leaving my deposit there and just got an update. Production plant is under construction (pics have been posted on instagram) and they're now planning production through 2023. This doesn't surprise me at all. Price tag is increasing (no surprise there) but they are holding the existing pricing for reservation holders.

Another thing that didn't surprise me; they're going to use the single sided swingarm across the model range. Saves having to tool up for two very different sets of parts. Perhaps a sign of production tooling reality. Personally I'd rather that they not bother with this and just sort out the EV and related aspects of this, but so be it.

Photos of the bike that they showed this year at the CES suggest a much more production-ready design than what's been seen before. If they had tried to push for start of production a year ago, it wouldn't have been ready. I think the delay is a good thing. Still waiting to see the legally-obligated mirrors, rear fender, license plate mounting, compliant turn signals, etc., but those aren't technological obstacles.

Any update from existing deposit holders?
With the latest press release from them being a few months ago and it is full of BS language about being the premier manufacturer of EV bikes and the release is solely related to a new investor (cough, sucker) piling more money in, it is very clear what their focus is and it isn't selling bikes. If they partnered with Magna or Multimatic, they would have been on the road already. Instead they are building their own facility from scratch to draw in as many investors and governments as possible that want to pound on the green drum.

There was a post on social media saying to expect a big announcement in April. Someone found out that the company is now registered as a manufacturer with NHTSA, and that's a good sign. I'm still not holding my breath.

If you want to impress people with the performance (and you do, especially for a first product), it needs to be in something that will showcase it.

EVs need good aerodynamics ... not a bolt-upright rider without a windscreen in front of them and without something to deflect the air stream around their legs. Naked / Adventure ... Not compatible with that objective.

It needs to be in a market segment whose customers do not have visions of having 800 km of range without stopping and charging up in 15 minutes or whatever. Touring bikes ... Not there yet (although the smoothness of an EV powertrain is a natural fit once charging infrastructure improves some more).

It also needs to be in a market segment whose customers don't have visions of crossing the Sahara Desert without stopping. Adventure bikes ... Not there yet even though I betcha most customers don't do 200 km at a time.

I hope they succeed.
Me too, I do hope too. Looks awesome. It does smell like it will not, but I do hope for the best.

I truly believe that they believe they're going to deliver bikes to buyers
I hope they deliver some. The ridiculous scope they want in bike one (transforming controls, full manufacturing in house, ai guided cruise, etc) may doom them. Perfection is the enemy of good enough. Bike one should have been a solid reliable ride to build volume, reputation and market interest. Add the tricks to subsequent models/revisions.

I'd be interested in a v2.0 release.

Wouldn't want to be a guinea pig for their first kick at the can. Did the early-adopter thing a few times with not-so-good results.

They've been advertising what amounts to a leasing arrangement ... this is one I would consider. If it ends up being nothing but trouble, they can have it back (if the company is still around).

Back
Top Bottom