Damon motorcycles | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Damon motorcycles

#vapourware

Big shocker. Chasing the money. I will be amazed if they ever build a bike. It's watching a dumpster fire in slow motion. Once they realized that building themselves in Surrey was too expensive, the correct course of action if you cared about delivering bikes was talk to multimatic/magna. If instead your main focus was graft, chasing more government money makes sense.

There is a reason the government should not try to buy jobs.
Some of us still remember this.

Govt doesn't care. They don't even remember the wind turbine dumpster fire. Battery plants are the new government project where cost, reality or potential benefit are not even considered. Write the biggest cheque possible and pat yourself on the back.
Bricklin was 50 years ago, lessons not learned.

i was in vancouver this past week, and drove by the damon plant couple of times. completely abandoned the work. looks like the building will just sit there until another tenant fills in the space.

i was in vancouver this past week, and drove by the damon plant couple of times. completely abandoned the work. looks like the building will just sit there until another tenant fills in the space.
If the project was completed with the foresight and attention to detail of their bike, letting apprentices practice demolition is probably the best use for the building.

Not surprised. That was a bunch of money set on fire. I think they completely underestimated what it was going to take to get a production-ready vehicle to market, and jumped the gun by constructing that building before sorting out what was going to go in it. The bike has had what appears to be a full redesign since the time that building was built ... probably an indication that the original prototype was not close to production-ready.

I've left my deposit open but now believe it will take a miracle for them to pull this off. If they do, great. If they don't, no great loss.

If Ducati beats them to market then I'll buy one of those. If Ducati beats them to market then Damon is toast.

Last edited:
Apparently they just appointed a new CFO - I doubt a new bean counter can do much more than rearrange deck chairs.
I hear the ex CFO of Tesla is looking for a job and he has experience in electric vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom