Damon motorcycles | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Damon motorcycles

It just appeared in my yt feed. Not stating anything, however, it's nice to make a progression check... 2020 announcement, 21promise of delivery, subsequently nothing, 22 nothing, and 23 nothing but delivery supposedly for the end of this year.. Again, I hope it does work...

Reading on some reddit threads and there were posts about layoffs as well as the cto/cfo no longer there. I have no idea whether they are true or not.

I see ONE bike - 3 years late. Not confidence inspiring.
You can buy a Zero today - Welcome To Zero Motorcycles
Also "finishing touches on battery pack design" and I don't see any of the transformer bits they have promised will be in bike one. If design isn't finished, you can issue a PO for production equipment as you don't know what it needs to build and you are not delivering a bike for a very long time. Even if design was set in stone I doubt they would get a bike delivered in 2023.

I does say Blackberry on it... so... it's not officially over over until Jay Giraud tries to buy the Canucks?

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
You can bet Honda/Yamaha/Susuki/Kawaski/Triump/ & every other manufacturer has their deposit on one so they can reverse engineer it.
I am getting tired of waiting for my cyber truck. I may forsake my $100.00 deposit and go down to a Ford, GM or Rivan dealership next summer to purchase a new available electric truck.
As to a self driving motorcycle it's much cheaper and safer to buy a VR headset and sit in the comfort of your living room.
Maybe I am just a "adrenalin junky" who enjoys the rush of surviving a bad situation with the application of good driving skills.
I am an experienced rider and have the scars to prove it.

IMG_1764.JPG

Last edited:
I don't think Damon is on the radar of major manufacturers yet. If they can pull off getting this into production and it comes somewhere close to expectations, maybe that'll change. At the moment, Ducati doesn't need outside help (and they have lots of it available from the VW Group if needed). Triumph was involved in their own EV project. The Japanese manufacturers are still lost in space, out in hydrogen-fueled dreamland somewhere.

Tesla and a few others use 800 volt AC charging systems for quick charge.
What possibly could go wrong!
When everybody owns electric cars gasoline will be $0.25 a litre.

If taxes get that high it will encourage bootlegging of gasoline.
Just look at booze and cigarettes.

If taxes get that high it will encourage bootlegging of gasoline.
Just look at booze and cigarettes.
Bootlegging gasoline is a MUCH MUCH MUCH more involved process than booze or cigarettes.

Pump the crude. Refine the crude.

Anyone with a bath tub can make booze, and anyone with a garden can grow tobacco.

Go to a farmer and buy road tax free gasoline
Filter out the dye
Add 10% alcohol
Or simply run 100% alcohol from your backyard still with a few mods to your engine fuel mixture.

Go to a farmer and buy road tax free gasoline
Filter out the dye
Add 10% alcohol
Or simply run 100% alcohol from your backyard still with a few mods to your engine fuel mixture.
I don't think there is any dyed gasoline available anymore. Diesel for sure.

This is getting off topic but I had to add this scene from the 401 east of Sardinia when the tax on gas goes to $16.50 a litre.
chasing down a fuel truck

I don't see any of the transformer bits they have promised will be in bike one
I'm not actually sure about that - the rearsets you can see at 1:03 are definitely unconventional looking. And there is a weird articulated thingy on the top clamp at :54. Not exactly slam dunks, but I could say "maybe"

Back
Top Bottom