Daily sports car? | Page 65 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

I drove a brand new Ford Ranger off the lot in 1986. (Just under $8000 at the time). Havn't felt the need again.
My problem for a DD is I need very close to 100% reliability as I don't have room to store backup vehicles and need a vehicle for work. That means buying beaters is not a good fit for me (but a long-held yaris could work fine). For the last few vehicles, I planned on buying used but used market was stupid and new was a better deal.

Back on topic, buying a used sports car to daily is playing with fire. They are often driven hard and put away wet. If you get really unlucky, they have been tuned and abused prior to your ownership. Unless you know the original owner, it's hard to know how much life has been used up already.

So you're working today then?
3 jobs! I'm out.
I'm highly motivated.... to take easy

So you're working today then?
3 jobs! I'm out.
I'm highly motivated.... to take easy
I plan to continue ‘punching a clock’ until the day I’m psychically unable to do so. Then I’ll jump out of a plane and forget to pull the chute. No plans to sit at home staring at the TV with a nurse wiping the corner of my mouth.

Working (generally) keeps you sharp. A dull mind is a wasted one.

Back to cars!

Okey dokey, keep punching that clock......And back to cars.

I used to be huge car guy but bikes have almost completely replaced them. I still like to happen on a car show but don't have much interest getting one anymore. The thought of an old VW or an original mini still toy with me but a muscle car not so much.
That said IF you offer to loan me your muscle car I will gladly take it for a floggin.

I bought my first new car a couple years ago. I felt I’ve worked hard and wanted to do it as I’ve always purchased older vehicles as it makes sense monetarily.

I was in the market for a car in 2021. I was looking at WRX and STI's.

The used ones were asking for a price that is only 1-3k less than brand new, and they had 60,000 km + on them, and I had to run the risk of buying a car some clown tunes and tracked the crap out of it!

Sometimes new is way smarter. Right now, most motorcycles in excellent condition and less than a few years used are going for about what the new one costs. It's silly.

I was in the market for a car in 2021. I was looking at WRX and STI's.

The used ones were asking for a price that is only 1-3k less than brand new, and they had 60,000 km + on them, and I had to run the risk of buying a car some clown tunes and tracked the crap out of it!

Sometimes new is way smarter. Right now, most motorcycles in excellent condition and less than a few years used are going for about what the new one costs. It's silly.
Make sure you don’t buy @mimico_polak old WRX. That guy beat the bajesus outta his. He told me so!

I plan to continue ‘punching a clock’ until the day I’m psychically unable to do so. Then I’ll jump out of a plane and forget to pull the chute. No plans to sit at home staring at the TV with a nurse wiping the corner of my mouth.

Working (generally) keeps you sharp. A dull mind is a wasted one.

Back to cars!
Pretty grim way of looking at things. I hope you find somewhere in between to live and enjoy your life.

Pretty grim way of looking at things. I hope you find somewhere in between to live and enjoy your life.
No need to hope, I've been enjoying it for 39 years and counting.

My dad just told me what he sold his E-type for. Tears. $4500 in the 70's. I would daily that in the summer if it was still around. Sold it to buy a cottage. Sold the cottage to buy a house.

Hey! If I beat the crap out of it I'd never be able to get it to 7L/100kph. I babied that car, and I miss it very much.
I've never babied a car or bike.

A wise girl once told me to use them like you stole them -- there's no good in preserving that fun for the next owner.

Back
Top Bottom