Daily sports car? | Page 64 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

What I meant is a large amount of people pooping on the car can’t afford it, and never will.

Actual buyers that can buy it and poop on it I’m fine with.
To me there's a huge difference between being able to afford and being able to justify it. Yes I can afford one but I can't justify spending that kind of cash on what I consider a consumable. There is no where that car can take me that my Yaris won't. And since my Yaris has a stick I'd rather drive that.

Painted on the back of a drag car I once saw "I'd rather eat worms than drive an automatic". I'm in that camp.

Painted on the back of a drag car I once saw "I'd rather eat worms than drive an automatic". I'm in that camp.
Current car is a dual-clutch. Definitely faster than stick. I miss stick. It is very convenient being able to switch cars with my wife though. I got her to the point where she could drive stick in an emergency but she hates it and has no interest in improving beyond that.

To me there's a huge difference between being able to afford and being able to justify it. Yes I can afford one but I can't justify spending that kind of cash on what I consider a consumable.
How 'bout this scenario.......
You're not feeling too **** hot. You head to the Dr and he sends you for tests.
Results come back, and your Dr tells you that seeing Christmas is "unlikely", you're very ill. It's March.
Do you head to the finish line in the yaris, or buy that car (or boat, or airplane, etc) you've been dreaming of, for as long as you can remember?

Results come back, and your Dr tells you that seeing Christmas is "unlikely", you're very ill. It's March.
Do you head to the finish line in the yaris, or buy that car (or boat, or airplane, etc) you've been dreaming of, for as long as you can remember?
I probably wouldn't buy something that depreciates like a stone and then is a pain to sell. Odds are good that I would rent some fun toys though. I normally play the long game to make sure I have enough money for tomorrow. When you get a reasonably defined end date, you can spend more daily as you don't need to keep years of money in the warchest.

I ditch the yaris for something with a stick that gobbles gas and smokes tires.

I worked with a special needs kid at HFH and thanks to me if asked how he spent his money he'll tell you "I spent most of it on hard liquor and loose women, the rest I just squandered"

I probably wouldn't buy something that depreciates like a stone and then is a pain to sell. Odds are good that I would rent some fun toys though. I normally play the long game to make sure I have enough money for tomorrow. When you get a reasonably defined end date, you can spend more daily as you don't need to keep years of money in the warchest.
I spent more on one car than I'd normally spend on three.........because.
Then I lived, unexpectedly, and took a massive hit (my own damn fault) .
Was it worth it?
Yup.

I ditch the yaris for something with a stick that gobbles gas and smokes tires.

I worked with a special needs kid at HFH and thanks to me if asked how he spent his money he'll tell you "I spent most of it on hard liquor and loose women, the rest I just squandered"
Like the guy that won a million bucks and is broke now.......
"I spent most of the money on drugs booze and women, the rest I just wasted"

When I finished school my dad made me do a bucket list I could finish before I hit 50. His advice was to finish it by 50 rather than making it at 50 then hoping it could be finished.

I finished mine at 50. My list had a few fancy cars, that's done -- all I care about today is having something dependable and efficient. So, I'll be going across the finish line in a new Yaris.

I'm a quantity over quality guy I guess. I think of a new car as the alternative to a used truck, 2 used bikes AND a trip south.
Work more, watch less TV and have it all!

I'm a quantity over quality guy I guess. I think of a new car as the alternative to a used truck, 2 used bikes AND a trip south.

I bought my first new car a couple years ago. I felt I’ve worked hard and wanted to do it as I’ve always purchased older vehicles as it makes sense monetarily.

I’m on the fence if I’ll do it again. I still have a couple of things to check off my list.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Work more, watch less TV and have it all!
Work more so I can have expensive stuff I'm too busy working to use? Eff that.
I'm retired. I'm ok with my used bikes, used car, used sled, used RV and time off to enjoy it all. You playing with toys or working today?

I bought my first new car a couple years ago. I felt I’ve worked hard and wanted to do it as I’ve always purchased older vehicles as it makes sense monetarily.

I’m on the fence if I’ll do it again. I still have a couple of things to check off my list.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
I drove a brand new Ford Ranger off the lot in 1986. (Just under $8000 at the time). Havn't felt the need again.

Work more so I can have expensive stuff I'm too busy working to use? Eff that.
I'm retired. I'm ok with my used bikes, used car, used sled, used RV and time off to enjoy it all. You playing with toys or working today?
3 jobs, toys, cottage, 2-3 vacations a year, money in the bank and I’m not even 40. Sky is the limit when you’re motivated.

Back
Top Bottom