Daily sports car? | Page 35 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

Doesn't have the important question, Just how mad are you?
a5dDwBO_700bwp.webp

Give me $500k spare and I'll have some fun with that list.

Honestly that sounds like a hell of a project.
It’s nice to think about but to pull off something like @Clutt-225 and his dad this, or an LS miata takes a ton of time, talent, and resources.

one of the reasons I ever thought of a mustang is because his project. Factoryfive states a Mustang GT is the donor for their kits.

My uncle just finished dropping a 468 fuel injected big block in his 68 chevelle.
Next on the to do list his wife’s BMW 3 series is getting a 383 stroker small block ChevyV8.

My uncle just finished dropping a 468 fuel injected big block in his 68 chevelle.
Next on the to do list his wife’s BMW 3 series is getting a 383 stroker small block ChevyV8.
That sounds like stupid fun.....I'm still waiting for that invite to see that beast of yours!

Had a chance to drive an NC miata a couple of days ago. Not sure I’m man enough to drive one. Fun car for sure but I’m taking to heart everyone telling me it’s a bad idea!

off to drive the 230, BRZ and 128 this week.

@mimico_polak let me know what you think of the BRZ...I love it's styling and was thinking of getting one myself...only downer is RWD in winter, but hey, I only drive 2.9 km to work one way LOL

I loved my 2007 Miata...but then I'm small so it fit perfectly...I took a bigger guy (over 6' and 230 lbs or so) for a ride once...he looked hilarious in the passenger seat...LMAO

@mimico_polak let me know what you think of the BRZ...I love it's styling and was thinking of getting one myself...only downer is RWD in winter, but hey, I only drive 2.9 km to work one way LOL

I loved my 2007 Miata...but then I'm small so it fit perfectly...I took a bigger guy (over 6' and 230 lbs or so) for a ride once...he looked hilarious in the passenger seat...LMAO
Will do! The Miata was definitely fun. But at 40 I’m still listening to people’s opinions about cars lol. Mind you a family with 2 kids and the word ‘this is a foolish purchase’ keep repeating in my head.

@mimico_polak well I was 39 when I bought my Miata, however, didn't have any kids...went out one day, test drove it in Oakville for about an hour (those were the good ole days LOL) and bought it...got home and then told my hubby what I had done...but then he had a Subaru WRX so hey...

I'd love another one, but can't get over the laptop sitting on the dash...

Will do! The Miata was definitely fun. But at 40 I’m still listening to people’s opinions about cars lol. Mind you a family with 2 kids and the word ‘this is a foolish purchase’ keep repeating in my head.

You know, you're the one that's going to be driving it, right, not everyone else on here. In terms of foolishness, what's the difference between a Miata and a BRZ? You should buy the one that you like the most.

The BRZ is a boring car. No power whatsoever.
Does a miata feel more powerful? If he wants light and fun with decent power we may have to swing him back to the classics. Modern safety/crash mitigation have made cars so much heavier and less fun.

Does a miata feel more powerful? If he wants light and fun with decent power we may have to swing him back to the classics. Modern safety/crash mitigation have made cars so much heavier and less fun.
Haven't driven a Miata so I can't say but the BRZ should be at the bottom of the list. ?

A Miata isn't going to feel any more powerful on the gas but definitely feels like a "quicker" car in general. its a couple hundred pounds lighter and has been refined for the last 3 decades. Its impressive that Mazda somehow packed all the safety/crash requirements into the most recent ND version and kept the weight within 150-200lbs of the original NA Miata from the 90's. If you can get over the hairdresser stigma it really is one of the best sport cars you can buy for the money.

I agree that the BRZ is a boring car - It really needs another 50-75hp for how heavy it is. I'd also be wary of a used one. It seems the target demographic is 20 somethings that use the redline as a shift indicator. The only thing it does better is storage space / roomier cabin.

S2000 is the only other thing I would suggest over the Miata. However they've become very collectable and clean ones are (IMO) too much money. Would be a great weekender but I wouldn't want to be putting commuter mileage on it. The asking price has gotten to the point where you might as well spend the extra $10k and buy a Lotus Elise.

I haven't seen the unloved GM abortion (Solstice/Sky) in your list MP. IIRC, someone on here has a Sky. They were decent looking but it's a GM sports car so meh. Price should be good.

You could get a clean sky in the 18k range that's what I sold my 06 redline for last year with 100k

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

On my way to drive a manual and auto 228. Can’t find a 235 within my range for the life of me. Messed up large for not buying that red one in BC :(

Back
Top Bottom