Daily sports car? | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

I’ve had 2 Hyundais in my lifetime. The Genesis was perfect and had no qualms with it.

The 2012 Elantra touring was also a great car. The weak point was the transmission. 3 failures in 110,000km. That sucked. All covered under warranty. Inconvenient....yes. Would it keep me from buying another Hyundai/KIA....not at all.

2013 Kia Optima here, 128k and counting.

Total spent on repair - $0
Total failures requiring warranty work - 0

I'll replace it next year, if Kia made my target vehicle I'd buy one again.

2013 BRZ, 230KKm
-skipped the valve recall, no issues.
-throwout bearing replaced at 130KKM and 230KKM. $1500 each time. The new bearing is a revised material from Subaru and should last the life of the vehicle.

2016 Genesis Coupe 3.8L 15KKM

From my "feully". (It's a Z06)

Basic Stats
17.8(0.0)
Avg MPG
17.1(-1.2)
Last MPG
23.2(9/16/18)
Best MPG

Ridgeline:

Basic Stats
19.4(0.0)
Avg MPG
19.0(0.0)
Last MPG
22.3(9/18/19)
Best MPG

Oooo I had that awesome blue as well. Great driving, sounding, and maintenance free car during my time.

I’d look at the G70/Stinger if they were closer to my price range.
I had a 2015 Genesis Sedan with the AWD and the 3.8L and it was hands down one of the most fun cars I have ever owned. The V8 version would be a monster.

Evidently, the new car returns better mileage due to its cylinder deactivation at highway speeds which the old car lacks.

Uh, no. The C7 gets better mileage.

"Take for example the consumption figures for the new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, which the EPA has just certified. Not the most exciting bit of information about the latest 455-hp all-American sports car, mind you, but when better mileage comes with more power, who are we to argue? The EPA officially estimates that the new C7, when equipped with the seven-speed manual (six-speed automatic figures still TBA), will get 17 mpg in the city, and 29 mpg on the highway."

Last edited:
Evidently, the new car returns better mileage due to its cylinder deactivation at highway speeds which the old car lacks.

When you say old, do you mean the C7?
Because if you do, you're wrong. There's cyl deactivation in them all.
It's entertaining looking at the 'instant fuel use' thing, and getting upwards of 40mpg with 650hp on immediate standby.

no worries, my presumption was purely based on the C/D article.

• The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette is good for EPA fuel economy of 15 mpg city and 27 mpg highway, Chevrolet said today at the start of the Rolex 24 at Daytona race weekend.
  • That beats the outgoing 2019 front-engine C7 Corvette, which was rated at 15/25 mpg.

honestly, I don't think too many people have fuel economy at the top of their list when considering one of these cars.

It's entertaining looking at the 'instant fuel use' thing, and getting upwards of 40mpg with 650hp on immediate standby.

What's the lowest you've seen it? My Audi has on the fly consumption. I've seen it spike to 48L/100KM under WOT.

What's the lowest you've seen it? My Audi has on the fly consumption. I've seen it spike to 48L/100KM under WOT.
Most onboard displays have a limit where they dont display any worse. For vw, I think is is somewhere around 40l/100. Gm trucks used to be 1 or 3 mpg, I can't remember as it's been a while since I drove one.

39.9L/100km. It won't go any higher....... I tried.
It won't show mpg's.......ridgeline does both.
*Thread hijack*

You gonna park the white whale this summer and get another bike? Inquiring minds, and all.

And please tell me you kept the dingo ball. :D

49443594598_fbd88a5118_b.jpg

I had a 2015 Genesis Sedan with the AWD and the 3.8L and it was hands down one of the most fun cars I have ever owned. The V8 version would be a monster.
I’ve actually thought about that sedan as a daily. My cousin has the G80 and it’s fantastic. Thanks for reminding me about it.

*Thread hijack*

You gonna park the white whale this summer and get another bike? Inquiring minds, and all.

And please tell me you kept the dingo ball. :D

49443594598_fbd88a5118_b.jpg
Hahaha.....I forgot all about the dingo ball. I didn't take it off. But, I don't think it was rated for 240kph.
If you know anyone interested in a whale, I need to get it outta here before a new bike can fit in the garage.
(aiming for end of march / mid april.)

I know this ain't supposed to be about Euro cars, but the BMW inline 6 turbo engines are amazing... Stock comes underrated and delivers fat torque immediately with little lag and then the aftermarket there's a whole lot of options to tune it. New Supra uses these engines. If you thought the Genesis with the 3.8 was fun, these things are whole different animal.

Last edited:
Going back to Hyundai, I would at least avoid Kingscross, as I've personally only ever heard horror stories from the two people (both co-workers) who have owned one from new and had them serviced there. One could never get any of his problems fixed under warranty after multiple attempts, so the fact that he had warranty wasn't of much use. The other had the engine grenade within a year of being brand new, and the dealer didn't want to cover it blaming him for driving it "improperly". It took a lot of back and forth with the dealer and Hyundai Canada until they finally caved.

Dealer in toronto goes belly up, literally stealing $ 76K the day before.
Wannabe C8 owner got his pocket picked too....

I had put down $25,000 on my dream car, a new 2020 Corvette,” Terry Mangal told CTV News Toronto. “Now I have no idea what is happening with my money or my car.”

No doubt there's many more....

Back
Top Bottom