Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 50 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Since moving out East I have a whole new set of Micro Breweries to discover. Some are so small they should more rightly be called Nano Breweries. Have started developing a taste for Porter. There are so many to try here - bonus is they are always at local farmers markets , as are local distillers. Quite the surprise that I could buy moonshine at the farmers market. Here is a Stout a particularly like and also the best advent calendar I have ever found. Cant wait to get it started.14938db8-7c62-4757-b17f-576b317f6cc0.jpg20211107_170943.jpg

BIL always brings some diff brews I’ve never heard of….
Currently enjoying the JUTSU. Very nice.
View attachment 52300

Those are all excellent (and quite different) styles of beer.
Jutsu has become the flagship beer for Bellwood’s.

La Chouffe is a fantastic Belgian blonde...but this appears to be an IPA ...cool! Houblon is French for hops.

The ABT 12 is a delicious Belgian brown or Flemish red...I can’t recall.
My least favourite of the bunch is the sour from Collective Arts.

You have an excellent BiL!

Cheers

Rob

Since moving out East I have a whole new set of Micro Breweries to discover. Some are so small they should more rightly be called Nano Breweries. Have started developing a taste for Porter. There are so many to try here - bonus is they are always at local farmers markets , as are local distillers. Quite the surprise that I could buy moonshine at the farmers market. Here is a Stout a particularly like and also the best advent calendar I have ever found. Cant wait to get it started.View attachment 52265View attachment 52266
Growlers are a big thing there. Gets repeat customers and saves some coin.
Picaroons is one of my favourite out there and always has good seasonal offerings. Give the Picaroons “Winter Warmer” a try.

Growlers are a big thing there. Gets repeat customers and saves some coin.
Picaroons is one of my favourite out there and always has good seasonal offerings. Give the Picaroons “Winter Warmer” a try.
Had some growlers here at the Pump at Dundas and Mississauga Rd….think there was something wrong with the keg as I got sick from it. Never again.

As for East Coast….great growler experience when we were travelling through.

I know , wrong thread. I'm taking a break from craft beer till after Christmas unless I'm gifted a beer.
I love the variety and taste , I'm tired of spending $4-9 bucks on a beer that just isn't delightful.

The turning point was developing a friendship with a local brewer, they had a beer that wasn't moving, relabeled and it sold out.... must have been the flavor.

I'll be back in January

I know , wrong thread. I'm taking a break from craft beer till after Christmas unless I'm gifted a beer.
I love the variety and taste , I'm tired of spending $4-9 bucks on a beer that just isn't delightful.

The turning point was developing a friendship with a local brewer, they had a beer that wasn't moving, relabeled and it sold out.... must have been the flavor.

I'll be back in January
If it has a “Made in Belgium” label on it, I’ve never been disappointed. Their brewers are devious little wizards.

Nice haul today:

Belgian St Feullian Cuvée de Noel strong beer St-Feuillien Cuvée de Noël - The Brewery St-Feuillien

Some more Boho, Belgian cherry beer, absolutely delicious Boho Organic Cherry Beer | LCBO

Plus some more Rochefort #8 (a nearly perfect beer according to most reviews) Trappistes Rochefort 8 | Brasserie de Rochefort

Then a new one to me, Duvel 666 Duvel 6.66 | Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV 6 different hops! Not tried this one yet but looking forward to it!

Recently had a bunch of Innes & Gunn beers too, they have all been fantastic. There’s a sampler pack with a free glass in the LCBO right now. Innis & Gunn Gift Pack | SDP

The cherry beer is really good! You get a tiny bit of malt whisky taste from the casks they use. Excellent stuff.

Mackinnon Brothers Wild Peppermint Stout. I was a bit wary about this one, thought I probably wouldn’t like it but they actually balanced it very well. It’s not really that minty, just gives a bit of a zing as an aftertaste. It’s actually not bad at all. These brewers haven’t had a dud yet and I’ve tried everything they have made. I bought this beer from their brewery yesterday as they had a winter fair on their farm. Firepits, s’mores, food vendors, bar, craft fair and music. Nicely done!

Fracture from Amsterdam Brewery. Nice strong imperial ipa. 9% alcohol. Double hopped with a nice creamy mouthfeel. Nice beer. I only got one can to try, I’ll be buying some more.

It’s a goodun’

Amsterdam makes some good ones.
Boneshaker is fun.

Their Tempest Imperial stout is amazing when you can find it.

Pretty good stuff from Taps in niagara, lots of flavor

From a brewery in ottawa, taste like honey, great texture too

1646703920659.png

Pride of Milwaukee. Made like a Harley!20220529_181401.jpg

Back
Top Bottom