Covid shank | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Covid shank

I wish it was just screwing up my vacation plans.
Our access to healthcare has really gone to **** during this pandemic. Its left some of us worrying about bigger things...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Same. Wife's surgery got bumped thankfully only a few weeks. Had it last week. Yesterday had the stent (?) pulled out so no real issue. Hopefully that ends there.

Now we wait and listen for the 'clink clink' when she passes stones. 3 passed 2 days ago. 4 yesterday...painful.

Was hoping to ride to California and all throughout the states in 2020, but maybe it will happen in 2022.

We were hoping to do a 3 week in Philippines or somewhere around there - maybe 2023.

I have a standing invitation from relatives for New Zealand but it's not likely for 2021. Free room and board and one even offered to pay for my quarantine. It looks like 2022 at best unless all of our politicians get Covid and start taking their jobs seriously.

Total pipe dream would be to sail there out of Vancouver, quarantine en route. I haven't the skills or coin. After this lockup being adrift on a life raft sounds good.

A smaller pipe dream would be a new Goldwing and a trip to Arkansas, do the Natchez Trace and a few other runs. I'd settle for Ohio and a push bike about now.

Last edited:
What big plans did you have for 2020 that got shanked?

For us it was a big trip to Wales and the highlands of Scotland. Initially dialled it back to a nice East coast trip option as my wife has never been, then nada...
Getting my boat off the hard in NewYork. This will be the second season I’m paying for onshore dockage.

I was supposed to be bobbing around Lake Ontario last summer.

My job let’s me work from anywhere, i scuttled my plans to work from a tropical location this winter.

why don't you go and bring her back across the wee pond?

And why the heck is it on the stands in NY?

Where in Greece Hardworker? After hitting Greece in '88 while backpacking we returned in 2010 for our 25th anniversary for 2 weeks. The Greeks are wonderful (at least on the islands it seems).

Pennsylvania getaway with some riding buddies that was originally scheduled for the May 24'th weekend was the first to be scuttled.

Then various trips we had in mind for the summer including a trip to the TOTD again.

James Bay Road....for the 3rd or 4th time. Arrrghhhh.

Our typical November/December cruise.

Let's not forget to add in countless get togethers with friends and family...etc etc....IE, Christmas for one.

What could be horrible about a hotel stay aside from possibly mediocre food depending on the choice of hotel?

What could be horrible about a hotel stay aside from possibly mediocre food depending on the choice of hotel?
Booking is a complete cluster. Gov't is paying Amex to book hotel rooms. The last I saw, they had fielded 35,000 calls to book 3500 hotel rooms. They will not disclose wait times but many many people are reporting multiple calls with up to 10 hours on hold each time waiting for a person. No online booking available.

And the man. The man told you to do it. Screw the man.

Maple syrup tour in St Jacobs. Love taking the grandkids on the big horesedrawn wagon. They sit up front and wait for the horses to poop.
Mine in purple.
SFXny2l.jpg

Last edited:
I’m so stir crazy I started reading about the new Harley Davidson ADV bike the PanAmerica. Then I got a grip and went and whipped myself with a birch branch to snap out of the madness and to punish myself.

Back
Top Bottom