Covid shank | GTAMotorcycle.com

Covid shank

klr_guy

Site Supporter
What big plans did you have for 2020 that got shanked?

For us it was a big trip to Wales and the highlands of Scotland. Initially dialled it back to a nice East coast trip option as my wife has never been, then nada...

What did you get to see in the east coast? Or how far east did you get. As they had the atlantic bubble

What did you get to see in the east coast? Or how far east did you get. As they had the atlantic bubble
Didn't make the trip at all, as things developed unfortunately... Peggy's Cove was a definite as my parent's had friend's there and we visited frequently. We'd hoped for Nova Scotia, NFLD, and PEI.

Hopefully things will be somewhat normal for traveling this year and people can start to get out and release some covid stress. Peggy's cove is fun place through the week, i find it busy to busy for me on the weekends.

If you do camping there is a small local campground about a mile up the road in Indian harbour called king neptune. it's right on the water. Very friendly people run it. Also the Lobster pound is right there as well. If it's open

Hopefully things will be somewhat normal for traveling this year and people can start to get out and release some covid stress. Peggy's cove is fun place through the week, i find it busy to busy for me on the weekends.

If you do camping there is a small local campground about a mile up the road in Indian harbour called king neptune. it's right on the water. Very friendly people run it. Also the Lobster pound is right there as well. If it's open
Nothing better than fresh lobster right from the pound, except going out on a haul when in season and cooking a few right on the boat. Did that once in PEI - heaven :love:

It was 30 years ago that I was there, so it's destinations undecided.

Nothing better than fresh lobster right from the pound, except going out on a haul when in season and cooking a few right on the boat. Did that once in PEI - heaven :love:
Yeah you can never go wrong in the East coast,

Both a two week trip to Thailand and Greece and another week out in Nova Scotia (the latter we've done many times).

We were supposed to go to Newfoundland for a wedding, but that got postponed. We were planning on going for 2 or 3 weeks, with the wedding sandwiched in there. May go anyway this summer if possible.

What big plans did you have for 2020 that got shanked?

For us it was a big trip to Wales and the highlands of Scotland. Initially dialled it back to a nice East coast trip option as my wife has never been, then nada...
Scotland is amazing. I want to go back soon.

As for plans being torpedoed:
50th birthday bash
Annual trip to the Dragon
Trip to Germany to see family.

I was supposed to ride out to Edmonton for a cousins wedding, was going to through the US, visit some of the great areas in those northern States, see Yellowstone, etc. Was looking forward to it and needed a vacation, going on 3 years without taking one at the moment, and this year is not looking hopeful.

Scotland and Wales are beautiful. Last time I was in the UK it was for almost 3 weeks, went with a few friends, rented a car and drove up to Scotland from London and then back down to Southern England detouring through Wales. Nothing was planned, just figured it out one day at a time. Wales was not on my radar then but it is now. Incredibly beautiful country and a distinct culture and language that I had no clue existed at the time. Hoping in a few years to get back to the UK, looking at renting a cottage somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales and just enjoying the quiet English countryside.

Trip to Poland for a cousin's wedding. Wedding cancelled. Flights cancelled.

We have a voucher with LOT Airlines until the end of 2022 so hopefully we can use it by then and they won't bankrupt. It would cost us $300/pp if we cancel (even for the toddler that we don't pay for a ticket).

Small wedding happened, so the trip in 2022 will be even better as we can do more sightseeing and visit both families in peace while there.

It was our 25th wedding anniversary with a one week Caribbean cruise followed by a week at a resort in Antigua. Bought and paid for with only credit to show for a trip that may not happen until 2022. I wonder if they cruise line is going to make it until then and if they do it will probably be a **** show trying to book.

One of the airlines we bought tickets for declared bankruptcy so that money is lost.

I wish it was just screwing up my vacation plans.
Our access to healthcare has really gone to **** during this pandemic. Its left some of us worrying about bigger things...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Two weeks in Alaska = cancelled, Dinali maybe in 2022?
1 week in Barbados= cancelled
2 weeks in Key west= cancelled
San Diego to Ensanada race= cancelled
SanDiego to Hawaii race= cancelled for foreign entries, Americans went

two weeks in Banff last month= cancelled my choice, airplane and cant sit in a restaurant with my kids at the same table? too weird.

going forward we were looking at Amsterdam and Belgie, no clue, Grosmorn in NL, no clue.

I will probably take the boat down to the thousand islands for a two week run, that will have to do

Two weeks in Alaska = cancelled, Dinali maybe in 2022?
1 week in Barbados= cancelled
2 weeks in Key west= cancelled
San Diego to Ensanada race= cancelled
SanDiego to Hawaii race= cancelled for foreign entries, Americans went

two weeks in Banff last month= cancelled my choice, airplane and cant sit in a restaurant with my kids at the same table? too weird.

going forward we were looking at Amsterdam and Belgie, no clue, Grosmorn in NL, no clue.

I will probably take the boat down to the thousand islands for a two week run, that will have to do

Is this what being retired looks like?

Back
Top Bottom