COVID and the housing market | Page 37 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID and the housing market

ya....our plant was near a strip club by the airport also...that stopped once we were bought by a public company / US conglomerate.
Baloney,
The dances just moved up the chain another level. ?

Baloney,
The dances just moved up the chain another level. ?
I'd say they went to a higher class of dancer...the more discreet type.

The stories I've heard about business in Russia.....my head spins. Crates of Crown Royal sent in packages, discreet ladies showing up at the hotel room to 'welcome you' to Russia....different world.

I'd say they went to a higher class of dancer...the more discreet type.

The stories I've heard about business in Russia.....my head spins. Crates of Crown Royal sent in packages, discreet ladies showing up at the hotel room to 'welcome you' to Russia....different world.
Somewhere I read that when you book a hotel room in Russia they ask if you want it furnished. They aren't talking about wood and fabric.

Who wants a shack for 730k?

If I punched all the wanker real estate agents and wanker "reporters" that keep pushing this stupidity I would have a job for the rest of my life. You arent buying a garage for 730, you are buying a piece of land and they throw in most of a building for free.

If I punched all the wanker real estate agents and wanker "reporters" that keep pushing this stupidity I would have a job for the rest of my life. You arent buying a garage for 730, you are buying a piece of land and they throw in most of a building for free.
Yup. But marketing and hype don’t help anyone but the agents and sellers. I really feel for the buyers, but even Reddit I’ve seen more comments like ‘this is *********, I want a detached house and all I can afford is these garbage starter homes for $700k in the GTHA’.

while I sympathize you can’t expect the moon as your first house. Climb the property ladder within your means, or don’t.

I got screwed over by the new landlord but they did pay me some $$$ without going to the LTB.

I hate renting :(

Didn’t you literally just sign a new lease?

Yup. Come moving day I see the hack job they tried to get it up to code with promises it will be fixed over time. And I thought nope not this again and the Landlord couldn't fight back because one call to bylaw would mean a massive fine.

So we are in limbo again -_-"

Thankfully, unlike Kasey Wong this landlord did give us some compensation and didn't go ape-sh8t

edit - They also tried to give us appliances that looked antique which irked me because they aren't energy efficient

The appliances looked like this lol. It's probably as old as the house .....

672a7d191061c7aff95540dd31829c71.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. Come moving day I see the hack job they tried to get it up to code with promises it will be fixed over time. And I thought nope not this again and the Landlord couldn't fight back because one call to bylaw would mean a massive fine.

So we are in limbo again -_-"

Thankfully, unlike Kasey Wong this landlord did give us some compensation and didn't go ape-sh8t

edit - They also tried to give us appliances that looked antique which irked me because they aren't energy efficient

The appliances looked like this lol. It's probably as old as the house .....

672a7d191061c7aff95540dd31829c71.jpg
That stove is as efficient as a new one electric heat is near 100 percent efficiency and always has been. It is ugly though.

Sent from my couch using my thumbs

That stove is as efficient as a new one electric heat is near 100 percent efficiency and always has been. It is ugly though.

Sent from my couch using my thumbs

Opsie I didn't know this.

Shouldn't the unit come with new appliances?

As SS said, electric stoves are 100% efficient (all power in becomes heat). Newer ones look better but don't change the physics. Induction stoves put all of the heat into the pot instead of some in the pot, some in the air, etc but I have never seen a rental with an induction stove as they are $$$$. Personally, I have no issues with the coil stove. Cheap and cheerful and easy to keep clean. Ceramic top stoves look nicer but are harder to clean and not that hard to break. If you accidentally break a ceramic top, repair is four figures so you normally throw it out and buy a new stove.

Why would new appliances be included? That's nice to have but I don't know anywhere that would mandate them (other than your agreement with the landlord).

EDIT:
Our last house came with a 1985 vintage coil stove that required you to press a button on the back panel and hip check the oven to open it. Probably a safety feature that someone thought was a good idea. No way to disable that craziness. You get used to the quirkiness and it never needed any parts.

Last edited:

No, it needs to come with working appliances. Opinions on ugly (and I agree that is ugly) or not is what you decide before signing lease....

There are used appliance businesses that mostly sell to landlords (not a landlord but we bought a low cost, get us by, stove from these guys for our home). I am sure it happens at the higher end but I have never seen a rental with all new appliances that has moved from one renter to another, fix replace what was broken is the model.

Last edited:

Nope. So long as it's functioning it's all above board. When we were renting out anytime a person would call with a wonky stove / fridge I'd boot over to the nearest HD and get a new stove / fridge. The 24" stuff is hard to find so when you see it...you buy it. Sometimes we'd buy 2 at a time and it was cheaper than trying to get it fixed.

I think before we sold each unit had a new fridge at the very least.

EDIT: If you hate the stove tell the landlord you'll buy your own, and then just take it with you once you buy a house. I wouldn't bother if this one works, but I've seen people do that.

Imo, I'd just use the stove if working fine. I like the ugliness. It has character, kind of like how some people describe their motorcycle.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
Agree! I like that stove.
It wouldn't match our current decor, but if I was renting and that was in the crib, I'd be down with that.

How much was this rental charging and for what size/type of unit?

Agree! I like that stove.
It wouldn't match our current decor, but if I was renting and that was in the crib, I'd be down with that.

How much was this rental charging and for what size/type of unit?

KW area and about 24k a year for 2 bedroom, + 1100 sq ft

Getting pricey here

Not sure if that's in a house or a building, but for whatever it's worth we are going to be renting out our 650sqft 1+1 condo downtown for around the same price.

1100sqft & 2bdrm for $2k/month feels expensive, but compared to lot's of other GTA locations, that's in line with where current pricing is at - maybe even a little cheaper.

I think my parents rent their town near Hurontario and Dundas for around 2100-2300 ... 1500sqft 3 bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom