COVID and the housing market | Page 312 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID and the housing market

Another agent trick or accidental? A house was previously listed multiple times as ## xxxx crt. It is now listed as ## xxxx court. Different address in system so history doesnt show up on the current listing. Obviously a competent person searching can find the history but it's not there at first glance.

Some transparency coming to mls (maybe). They can now show when offers are received but are prohibited from disclosing value. Time will tell if this is at all useful or if they wrap it in enough anonymity that agent/seller get shill bidders to throw in an offer (I'll offer MP $10 for his house so people can get worried about missing out).

Ah, I may misunderstand, but my offer has not been on the table for 6 months, the listing has.
My original offer was 10 days. Ended two weeks ago, so now they have till the 22nd.
If they had been upfront and asked more money, I may have been more inclined to play ball.
Pulling a stunt like this ****** me off, But I really, really want the place.
The reason I gave them more time (maybe make them sweat a bit?) was to stay in the game and if it does fall through, I can still deal with the realtor for another deal.

So.. what happened?

Is this guy buying properties now?

Nephew put an offer on a two bed wartime bungalow in Kitchener yesterday , single attached garage , all round pretty ugly house . Ask is $789 . Numbers are coming off , but that enough of an ask for what it is .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Nephew put an offer on a two bed wartime bungalow in Kitchener yesterday , single attached garage , all round pretty ugly house . Ask is $789 . Numbers are coming off , but that enough of an ask for what it is .

Is that price good/bad for Kitchener?

We're seeing house prices level off here in our area...but I think the fact that there are so few for sale helps keep things afloat.

I think it’s an ok price , but I don’t know enough to really know the value . KW has usually been just outside the gta crazy zone . He was a bit depressed, first time buyer , the usual story , when interest was cheap , houses cost the moon, house prices come off , interest triples . He’s 30 , has 200 to put down, is looking at a 550 mortgage if his offer goes through . That’s not bad by todays standards. ( as long as it’s not my money lol )

I think it’s an ok price , but I don’t know enough to really know the value . KW has usually been just outside the gta crazy zone . He was a bit depressed, first time buyer , the usual story , when interest was cheap , houses cost the moon, house prices come off , interest triples . He’s 30 , has 200 to put down, is looking at a 550 mortgage if his offer goes through . That’s not bad by todays standards. ( as long as it’s not my money lol )

It was a 250 to $300,000 house before the pandemic crazy amount still. My personal feeling is that house prices Will keep falling

Sent from the future

It was a 250 to $300,000 house before the pandemic crazy amount still. My personal feeling is that house prices Will keep falling

Sent from the future
The drop is being softened by the governments giving tax payers back some of the money they just gave the government. That of course, adds to the government deficits to be paid for by the government re-collecting the money they just gave back.

Dizzy yet?

Or the real estate agent that will buy your house if he can't sell it. Of course you might be listed and not selling at $1.5M but he'll buy yours at $1.1M and flip it at $1.3M. Such helpful people.
Ya I love those 'if you don't sell your house I'll buy it' at half the listed price, with no conditions.

I’m happy he recognizes that for him , his gal partner and an occasional visiting dog it can work . It’s small , and manageable and his dad and I will help make it nice . He wants in the market and at least isn’t trying to bite off a Mc mansion .

I did a cottage inspection for a friend last weekend , Orillia on Simcoe, small and needs 100k of upgrades , older but not falling down. 40ft of frontage ,750k . Now that’s stupid . He’s buying it .

I’m happy he recognizes that for him , his gal partner and an occasional visiting dog it can work . It’s small , and manageable and his dad and I will help make it nice . He wants in the market and at least isn’t trying to bite off a Mc mansion .

I did a cottage inspection for a friend last weekend , Orillia on Simcoe, small and needs 100k of upgrades , older but not falling down. 40ft of frontage ,750k . Now that’s stupid . He’s buying it .

It's got land and water. It beats downtown Orillia, as it has a lot of the problems facing small towns today.

Simcoe can be rough for boating and water sports. Mother nature decides when you can play.

There are advantages for it as a full time home if the size works. As a cottage I would pass on it.

Are cottage prices taking the same hit as housing? A friend should be selling his in Haliburton.

Back
Top Bottom