Covid 19/touring | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Covid 19/touring

Had a woman who was pillion in a Harley train ask us how fast we did the Dragon...
Entire group was beyond chunky, except for 1 super scrawny dude. Most bikes had rider that was 275 lbs+ and women 200ish.
They asked us where the nearest BBQ was. I said back down road they just came up and about 10 miles past that. They looked at me and said "no way. That road is stupid."

Answer to speed was sub 12 minutes.
she freaked. they did it in 26.

26 minutes through the dragon??

I do it in 20 minutes in my van with two bikes in it and a trailer in tow. (If I try to go any faster, the brakes overheat ...)

Is this going to evolve into posting trackday laptimes?

attachment.php

1588020334365.png

17 degrees on Sunday.
STAT SAFE ON THE ROADS if you are venturing out.

TD First Class Visa Infinite Travel.

I use the same card but when you are over 65 the coverage drops big time. I buy world coverage from Royal for $700 for the year which covers trips to 30 days ( multiple ). Then there is a top up fee to add extra 30 days per for extended. However I have Australian healthcare now so no more top ups.

Are you supposed to clock yourself doing the Dragon? I thought the local police did it for you.

I probably won't be touring until this blows over. There are too many ditches on the nice roads with no cell coverage, and very little traffic at the moment. If I find a partner, I might do some more adventurous riding than the 100 km around the block route.

Are you supposed to clock yourself doing the Dragon? I thought the local police did it for you.

I probably won't be touring until this blows over. There are too many ditches on the nice roads with no cell coverage, and very little traffic at the moment. If I find a partner, I might do some more adventurous riding than the 100 km around the block route.

Get a Garmin inReach, SOS device with insurance and coverage for emergencies, also uses satellite to send texts/msgs so no cell signal needed.

Plan B?? I was considering East Coast run part through the US .... :(
Going east within canada isnt easy either right now. Much of the qc border, ns border and I think one more have checkpoints and wont let you in.

I wouldn't plan on going outside Ontario until at least July or August, and not outside the country until September. I've still got an airline ticket for late August to Europe (rebooked from March) and I have my doubts about that.

I say Aug 1 2020
Thats when the border will open up...well that's my guess anyways
Someone should start a poll :)

Back
Top Bottom