COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding? | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding?

Glad you mentioned that, was kind of wondering where your head was at when you posted it.

It's part of getting used to the new normal. The last time I went grocery shopping I wandered the store as usual. I have to up my game by being more proactive. If I make a list, get my stuff and get out of the store faster I have less contact and people in line outside can get in sooner.

It's part of getting used to the new normal. The last time I went grocery shopping I wandered the store as usual. I have to up my game by being more proactive. If I make a list, get my stuff and get out of the store faster I have less contact and people in line outside can get in sooner.
As more grocery stores switch to one-way aisles that will help too. Basically the ikea method of shopping. Go past everything, ignore what you don't care about and you never come close to anyone but it takes a while.

Mississauga already imposing tickets on physical distancing rules.

"Meanwhile, Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie said Sunday the city has issued two $750 tickets for failing to comply with Ontario's emergency order on physical distancing. "Both were using a clearly signed skate park and disrespecting physical distancing. They were aware of the closure but used the park anyway," said Crombie on Twitter. "This behaviour won't be tolerated."

What really? You feel it is unsafe to be out on the road? Or give people a false impression to be out and about?
I feel safe but what if I dump it and need an ER visit. It happens. "I never crash" says everyone before they do.
My mom is in her 80's cooped up in her condo. Not if but when it gets infected (like so many others) they will need every last bit of scarce PPE. Who among us is so important they have the right to risk it to the detriment of everyone else?

Don't forget that all elective surgery was cancelled weeks ago, all non urgent hospital outpatient clinics are closed + emergency departments are virtually empty as people stay away from places where they could come into contact with a virus carrier. Doctors and nurses who staffed these areas are available to be redeployed to care for COVID patients.

This is not 100% accurate. If you have cuts, scrapes and a few broken bones then not a big deal to treat. If you have life threatening injuries then you will be competing with COVID patients for ICU space and possibly a ventilator.
Regardless of what you're in for you taking up resources (human and otherwise) that will be needed else where. So even before it becomes law MacDoc it's still the right thing to do. It's called "doing your bit" and holding off on a ride is really just a little bit.

I feel safe but what if I dump it and need an ER visit. It happens. "I never crash" says everyone before they do.
My mom is in her 80's cooped up in her condo. Not if but when it gets infected (like so many others) they will need every last bit of scarce PPE. Who among us is so important they have the right to risk it to the detriment of everyone else?
Douggie says PPE is gone in a week. Paramedics now respond to everything with full PPE as they have no idea who is infected. You were feeling fine prior to the left turner knocking you over but paramedics can't risk close contact with anybody so that doesn't matter. In some municipalities fire trucks are no longer responding to medical calls to limit the PPE used by each call.

I'm really surprised that so many people think that their personal pleasure is more important than making better progress in the struggle against covid19.
Time to update that old Forgotten Rebels tune "They're the Me generation. They're the aholes of the 20s. They're the Me generation. They'll be dead old men and ladies"

I work a non-essential job, but am still going to work (E-commerce is allowed... Can't mail orders or shoot product from home unfortunately, some how high end retail is still a thing...).

My options are either Motorcycle, or TTC. I am very glad I got my KLR on the road and registered in February, that saved me taking the TTC. Took it once in the last month or so, and that was because of rain. Now F9 shipped my 3-in-1 jacket, so rain wont stop me either.

I would be lying if I said I didn't take the long way home once in a while. I live about 5-6km from work... Might make it a 10km ride once in a while...

NOTE TO RIDERS WHO DECIDE TO GO OUT THESE DAYS:
Drivers seem particularly careless these days. Have had people trying to race me when I go to pass while they do 30 in a 40 (so now I don't pass much, or much more carefully with more distance allowed in front and to the side). Have also had people tailgate me and speed past me at dangerously close proximity because I was doing ~10kph over the limit, and I guess they were offended by my lack of speeding on the now open roads.... I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance that a driver will use their turn signals so far this season. Lots of people aimlessly weaving in and out of lanes. Saw a guy in a silver AMG Mercedes get in a verbal altercation with a cyclist at a light and then speed off south on Keele and Bloor getting up to (my guess) at least 130-150kmh (whatever the argument was and who was in the right, that move made the driver wrong no matter what in my book... what kind of kneejerk reaction is that). Burning rubber and smoke trail behind him. Never in my life seen someone drive that fast in the city center. ever.

This is all in the last two ish week mind you. I try to just shrug this stuff off. But really, drive defensively and only defensively. I haven't had any "close calls" per say, but I've just observed all this crazy S*** around me and have adjusted my riding accordingly. Not that I ever pull particularly hazardous moves anyway.

KLR - First gen or second? I ride with about 9 or 10 friends who all have KLRs. There's only 2 of us left on pre 2008 bikes, or as I like to say the good looking ones.

KLR - First gen or second? I ride with about 9 or 10 friends who all have KLRs. There's only 2 of us left on pre 2008 bikes, or as I like to say the good looking ones.

Gen 1. 2000. Army Green. She's beat up, but I like it that way.

Shoot me a PM. You should join the KLR Klub (if you're not already there). We have a WatsApp. About 40 or so KLR folks on there? That community is the reason I got one this year.

You cannot escape your fate ;) Join us.

So I guess it should be asked-- will/can insurance be put on hold since riders are majority pleasure users?

YUP...its short term ..get over it..STFH....many folks, including millennials don't give a crap until one of their parents or grandparents drops dead...
I bet if anyone started showing symptoms they will be worried. That moto officer looks a lot closer then 26 feet, how many people does he approach like that on a given day?

So I guess it should be asked-- will/can insurance be put on hold since riders are majority pleasure users?
On bikes, most insurance companies aren't interested in comp without liability. You could cancel everything and save some money (depends on start date and minimum retained premium).

Theoretically the province could step in and lean on insurance companies as the mileage and usage is down on everything, but the insurance companies will whine they got smoked in the markets so losing premiums will result in bankruptcy. If we get to the point of a full lockdown, I could see a very small chance of gov't intervention (very, very small) otherwise I think you are on your own.

Back
Top Bottom