COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding?

You may be willing to accept the risk but do you have the right to needlessly take care away away from someone else?

aside from your attempt at social shaming perhaps realize that treatment for Covid and other hospital cases are being separated both in hospital and in some cases separate buildings.

“The four patients identified as having positive COVID-19 tests are being safely relocated to a unit exclusively caring for patients with COVID-19. All other patients on the unit are being actively monitored for symptoms associated with COVID-19.”

The kind of treatment for a motorcycle accident is a far cry forom a Covid patient.
People will make their own ethical choices. :coffee:

Was Good riding today just as long as you didn't spin your tires.
@Wingboy, my riding partner bought Jon English' Beta (y) he loves it.

I think if I was to ride my street bike it would be to the gas station and back. (that's about 50k) that would be enough.

Last edited:
The few will ruin it for the many; tale as old as time.
Lots, and lots of riders out today. They were making themselves known downtown (Lakeshore & Gardner)
It was to nice to pass up. ?

Was Good riding today just as long as you didn't spin your tires.
@Wingboy, my riding partner bought Jon English' Beta (y) he loves it.

I think if I was to ride my street bike it would be to the gas station and back. (that's about 50k) that would be enough.
Really impressed with the Beta quality.Just finished a FULL teardown and reassemble with real grease and loctite.Italy....boooyaa! I have only played in the driveway,but i'm loving it.

See my writeup in Reviews.

Lots, and lots of riders out today. They were making themselves known downtown (Lakeshore & Gardner)
It was to nice to pass up. ?
oh i'm not judging those going for a solo rip and ride. The tards being social about it are stupid and deserve the ridicule imo.

oh i'm not judging those going for a solo rip and ride. The tards being social about it are stupid and deserve the ridicule imo.
Oh I didn't think that.
I should have been more clear when I said making themselves known. Lots of revving and sport bikes going fast, you could hear that high speed revving all over the place downtown.
I did see a few group rides, most around 3 bikes.
As for gatherings saw a couple of groups at Tim's in Oakville.

Paramedic caught covid from attending to a collision. Tic tock

So did the paramedic contract the virus at the scene? Or at the hospital? Or on the previous call? I think it would be pretty difficult to pin down the where and when for someone working the front line like that. Considering the other paramedic apparently didn't catch it, and no word on if the accident victim actually has it? Nothing mentioned at all about their condition.

aside from your attempt at social shaming perhaps realize that treatment for Covid and other hospital cases are being separated both in hospital and in some cases separate buildings.

The kind of treatment for a motorcycle accident is a far cry forom a Covid patient.
People will make their own ethical choices. :coffee:

Agreed, they're making in some cases, forms of field hospitals. Are they making new nurses and doctors?

Social shaming. Where does one draw the line? Don't criticize questionable behavior from politicians, cops, squids. bad drivers?

If it came to an Italian style lock down I would have to plead guilty for going out to pick up fish and chips, hardly a necessity of life.

We don't have switches on the back of our heads to go from normal to modified behavior with a click. If during this period of adjustment someone is stressed to the point that their two choices are going for a ride or pulling out a 12 gauge then go for the ride but keep in mind the rules might get tighter. Abused guidelines become laws.

They keep the staff separate as well as good management would dictate.

I've been in isolation for 2 weeks and in Chile for 3 weeks before than even tho technically I was not required to isolate. Staff were concerned so I catered to them.
There are already rules against congregating.
So like the walkers and the dog walkers...
I intend to go riding Wedesday and not interact with anything beyond a fuel pump.

WHEN it becomes law then you can wag your finger if I ride .....until then I'll choose my course of action and respect that others will chart their own course.

If I was in Australia I'd be pottering in the garden with my partner who is a nurse and likely back on the front lines tomorrow even tho only months from retirement.

I'm not in Australia. :coffee:

If everything is so peachy fine in hospitals, then why are they asking for the public to donate things like masks, sanitizer, gowns and gloves?
Or is this fake news?

Agreed, they're making in some cases, forms of field hospitals. Are they making new nurses and doctors?

Don't forget that all elective surgery was cancelled weeks ago, all non urgent hospital outpatient clinics are closed + emergency departments are virtually empty as people stay away from places where they could come into contact with a virus carrier. Doctors and nurses who staffed these areas are available to be redeployed to care for COVID patients.

The kind of treatment for a motorcycle accident is a far cry from a Covid patient.

This is not 100% accurate. If you have cuts, scrapes and a few broken bones then not a big deal to treat. If you have life threatening injuries then you will be competing with COVID patients for ICU space and possibly a ventilator.

If everything is so peachy fine in hospitals, then why are they asking for the public to donate things like masks, sanitizer, gowns and gloves? Or is this fake news?

Hospitals are just coping now from a manpower perspective. They are running out of PPE because the need for this protective equipment has exploded, inventories are depleted and global demand means factories cannot keep up.

as i may have said previously in this thread or another: shutdown or shut up.

I keep seeing keyboard warriors trying to shame others by posting your typical Facebook/Twitter screen caps with how and why people should stay home regardless of the reasons, but by the same token say they had to go visit an elderly family member for whatever reason. So tell everyone else to stay home, unless its you, then it OK... STFU.

FUD. this is what is happening. i think the worst to come out of this virus is not the cases or the deaths. Yes, it is bad and i feel bad for those affected by it, but the fear is having way worst consequences that the symptoms. People fighting over effing toilet paper, people yelling at others like animals because you are too close to them, the ominous music being played on ALL news networks/radio channels with C19 updates... its crazy.

I thought you were busy trying to convince people you were dead....?

And that’s not what we do.

... I would have to plead guilty for going out to pick up fish and chips, hardly a necessity of life. ...
Glad you mentioned that, was kind of wondering where your head was at when you posted it.

as i may have said previously in this thread or another: shutdown or shut up.

I keep seeing keyboard warriors trying to shame others by posting your typical Facebook/Twitter screen caps with how and why people should stay home regardless of the reasons, but by the same token say they had to go visit an elderly family member for whatever reason. So tell everyone else to stay home, unless its you, then it OK... STFU.

FUD. this is what is happening. i think the worst to come out of this virus is not the cases or the deaths. Yes, it is bad and i feel bad for those affected by it, but the fear is having way worst consequences that the symptoms. People fighting over effing toilet paper, people yelling at others like animals because you are too close to them, the ominous music being played on ALL news networks/radio channels with C19 updates... its crazy.

Listen to Donald Trump. If you don't like what he says come back in an hour.

Back
Top Bottom