COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding?

Or order some undies from amazon
I'd rather one of these for riding my street bikes. Might reduce tailgating and random police checks :LOL:

Sprayground_Bag_14a.jpg

We drove 2,000 km down the coast of Chile and the only interactions were tolls and fuel.

We just had disinfectant in the car we used for CC and for cash money ( tolls ). Car is pretty secure if you keep on the disinfect before you touch your face. There are

The SafeSpace® Automotive Disinfectant & Deodorizing Mist generates an ultra-fine, contact disinfectant mist that leaves no spots, stains or residue. A 3-5 second release of the disinfectant mist into the average car interior kills germs and deodorizes the car, leaving the interior smelling fresh and clean.

completed the t-clock
lubed the chain
packed a lunch
gear chosen/sorted
started raining :(

maybe Friday

I’m restricted by bald tires.
In the fall I was plagued with vehicle repairs. so the bike had to wait.
In the winter work was slow and more vehicle repairs.
Spring hits and Im hesitant to spend any money on non essential items because of Covid19.
Not sure my bike will even make it out in 2020

Just got back from a therapy nite ride, took the 45 year old Honda for her first run of the year (she cranked over slowly but fired after a 5 month hibernation -- I don't winterize). Not far, 100km up Lakeridge, over to Musslemens Lake and back. Zero cars on the road stores dark - kinda eerie.

But I feel much better.

I just realized that I absolutely need a new helmet this year... :( It might be a while before I can go anywhere I can try them on

I just realized that I absolutely need a new helmet this year... :( It might be a while before I can go anywhere I can try them on

Im sure you can buy one for pick up or shipping but trying one on will be a challenge.

For anyone riding, I just mentioned it in another thread. Pack TP if you're going anywhere long/distant. Publicly accessible bathrooms are becoming far and few. Taking a squirt on a sideroad somewhere is one thing. Urgently needing to take a #2 without any physical location willing to let you inside to use their bathroom anymore, an entirely different situation. Ask me how I know. ;)

For anyone riding, I just mentioned it in another thread. Pack TP if you're going anywhere long/distant. Publicly accessible bathrooms are becoming far and few. Taking a squirt on a sideroad somewhere is one thing. Urgently needing to take a #2 without any physical location willing to let you inside to use their bathroom anymore, an entirely different situation. Ask me how I know. ;)

Are you telling for a friend?

I am not likely to comply with that. I prefer the "common sense" version ....not the nonsense one. I am far less likely to be in contact than going for a walk and it will sure as **** reduce my cabin fever.
Besides, what cop in his right mind will risk getting exposed pulling over someone not breaking the speed limit or the law. :coffee:

Last edited:
Besides, what cop in his right mind will risk getting exposed pulling over someone not breaking the speed limit or the law. :coffee:
The same cop that deals with injured motorcyclists that take up hospital beds that are needed for covid19 patients.

I equate going for a ride on the bike with the activities the government says are ok eg: walking the dog, going for a run, going for a walk/cycling around the neighbourhood. You're either practicing the contact/distance guidelines or you're not.

The group of cruiser riders observed hanging out in the parking lot of a local Timmies yesterday were not.

The group of cruiser riders observed hanging out in the parking lot of a local Timmies yesterday were not.
This is the issue.

Romps out on a bike lead to meeting with other people which leads to shaking hands, hugging, etc.

My friends can live without seeing me for awhile.

How long before we decide to treat this like a an ice flow of old. Encourage everyone to socialize and let Darwin sort it out. Would help ease the housing crunch.

Before you get wound all tight - yes this post is in jest. Been off work for two weeks now. Other than a daily 2.5km walk (with social distancing) to exercise my new hip we've left the house only for groceries. This is serious - the guy who owned our local Foodtown just passed from covid.

How long before we decide to treat this like a an ice flow of old. Encourage everyone to socialize and let Darwin sort it out.
The problem is it doesn't work that way much of the time. The dumb catch and spread to the vulnerable who then die.

The effect on long-term care will be tragic as well as interesting. Many of the people in care will pass away, many of the people waiting for care will pass away. We may change from a system with a waiting list years long to a system that is better matched to the capacity required (for the time-being at least). It is just a terrible way to get there.

How long before we decide to treat this like a an ice flow of old. Encourage everyone to socialize and let Darwin sort it out. Would help ease the housing crunch.

That's almost certain to happen anyways but flattening the curve protects the helathcare system from overload.

80% will get it with little or no symptom

10% will need hospital treaments.

3% will die from it.....more in the vulnerable category.

Back
Top Bottom