COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding?

Anybody that isnt in a solid relationship will soon be , if not already, tested to the limit. 24/7 is hard enough when you get along well. I can imagine coming out the other side of this, divorces will be off the charts.
And worse than potential divorce are the domestic violence spikes. I hear from people in the business its ugly.

Get your law degree. Divorces, wills, will challenges, business failures, lawsuits. Another exponential graph.

Get your law degree. Divorces, wills, will challenges, business failures, lawsuits. Another exponential graph.
They should just be a huge spike. Much of the ones that fail were already on shaky ground. You are just moving the distribution from x/month to 9x this month and 0.1x/month for the next nine months.

Correction: Now apparently it’s only “Selected” Tim Hortons that are opening bathrooms for drivers.

I’m sitting behind the Port Perry Tims right now and was denied access to the bathroom still. Had to walk through the drive through to get my food, but at least that worked.

On the right side the parking lot isn’t full of bikes despite the nice weather. Have seen a few go past though.
You complain about companies not letting you use the restroom, but you dont stay at home as asked. We have trucks come and go all day, how many have not self isolated? We cant tell. And then we go to hospitals and food plants to keep them running. We have already lost half our workers to illness or isolation from it. If companies like mine cant keep up we are all ******.

K10S, which is the pulp in N95 masks is manufactured in British Columbia, almost a world exclusive. Should we ban its export until all of our N95 mask needs are met?

K10S, which is the pulp in N95 masks is manufactured in British Columbia, almost a world exclusive. Should we ban its export until all of our N95 mask needs are met?
Or until tempers settle?

It depends on who owns the company. If the company is US owned Trump will twist the Monroe Doctrine and use it as an excuse to invade Canada.

Trump seems to forget about all the diabetics that cross the border to buy insulin in Canada that they can't afford in the USA.

You complain about companies not letting you use the restroom, but you dont stay at home as asked. We have trucks come and go all day, how many have not self isolated? We cant tell. And then we go to hospitals and food plants to keep them running. We have already lost half our workers to illness or isolation from it. If companies like mine cant keep up we are all ******.

I've personally not been less than 6 feet from anyone outside my family in 3 weeks.

I see your point, but you can't paint everyone with the same brush.

By the way, you know YOUR job is dependent on OUR job, right?

There's an increasing move on with drivers that no bathroom = no freight, drivers will just leave. It is wholly unreasonable to expect a driver to sit at a warehouse unloading for anywhere from 2-4 hours (typical time it takes to unload at a grocery facility based on first hand real world experience, although I've been there WAY longer in the past) with nowhere to relieve themselves. There are guys litereally pissing and ******** in parking lots right now because they're locked into the building unloading and are given no other choice.

Anyone who wants to make ANY excuse on the face of the planet for denying bathroom access to someone......YOU try working a 14 hour work day without access to a bathroom. YOU see how it feels and the level of desperation (and the resulting actions you might take) when you need to take a #2 and your options are between 2 trailers, or in a ditch/behind a dumpster/etc.

And remember...the guy who you're denying the bathroom to is the same guy who's making YOUR job possible. We stop...YOU stop.

Have some ******* decency. Come up with SOME solution.

The government is dancing around this very carefully to not enrage Trump...as we all know how that will end...but watching Trudeau and especially Christia Freeland dance around the topic whilst still making it very clear when you read between the lines that they are prepared to take action is very, very interesting.

But yes...one call to that pulp mill and telling them that they are now redirecting ALL shipments to the USA to a Canadian facility to process there instead will fix this problem in very short order. Heck, at this point I don't care if it's even a 3M plant (we have some huge ones in Canada as well) that gets the redirected product to process HERE instead of THERE. 3M themselves thinks this is ******** too, so that's another strong card in our deck.

Trump seems to forget about all the diabetics that cross the border to buy insulin in Canada that they can't afford in the USA.

Can't do that anymore...and I suspect the way things are going in the USA right now (Georgia's governor apparently JUST YESTERDAY learned that Covid19 can spread before symptoms appear...unbelievable) the border will be closed for at least 3 months, more likely 6.

And do you think Trump gives 2 craps that some of his citizens are going to suffer or die because of this new reality? Last I checked he's still trying to kill Obamacare amidst all this.

What would it take for your company to rent a Johnny-on-the-spot so drivers delivering can relieve themselves? The whole idea of closing your washrooms to delivery drivers is disingenuous. Any driver seeing such a policy should leave without delivering and your company should be blackballed by truckers. Talk about a stupid policy.

I've personally not been less than 6 feet from anyone outside my family in 3 weeks.

I see your point, but you can't paint everyone with the same brush.

By the way, you know YOUR job is dependent on OUR job, right?

There's an increasing move on with drivers that no bathroom = no freight, drivers will just leave. It is wholly unreasonable to expect a driver to sit at a warehouse unloading for anywhere from 2-4 hours (typical time it takes to unload at a grocery facility based on first hand real world experience, although I've been there WAY longer in the past) with nowhere to relieve themselves. There are guys litereally pissing and ******** in parking lots right now because they're locked into the building unloading and are given no other choice.

Anyone who wants to make ANY excuse on the face of the planet for denying bathroom access to someone......YOU try working a 14 hour work day without access to a bathroom. YOU see how it feels and the level of desperation (and the resulting actions you might take) when you need to take a #2 and your options are between 2 trailers, or in a ditch/behind a dumpster/etc.

And remember...the guy who you're denying the bathroom to is the same guy who's making YOUR job possible. We stop...YOU stop.

Have some ******* decency. Come up with SOME solution.

The government is dancing around this very carefully to not enrage Trump...as we all know how that will end...but watching Trudeau and especially Christia Freeland dance around the topic whilst still making it very clear when you read between the lines that they are prepared to take action is very, very interesting.

But yes...one call to that pulp mill and telling them that they are now redirecting ALL shipments to the USA to a Canadian facility to process there instead will fix this problem in very short order. Heck, at this point I don't care if it's even a 3M plant (we have some huge ones in Canada as well) that gets the redirected product to process HERE instead of THERE. 3M themselves thinks this is ******** too, so that's another strong card in our deck.

It is amazing how we have come to regarding a basic human need as a disgusting unmentionable subject, an elephant in the room.

I was at a job in a subsidized housing project working on a third floor hallway. Every morning as we loaded our tool carts onto the elevator the janitor was wiping it down and cleaning up the urine. When a couple of us went to the office to ask about using their facilities we were told they were only for staff. I thought about saying we could piss in the elevator like everyone else or put a privy in the hallway but instead reminded them the job was time and material.

We could pack up our tools and drive to a Timmies 15 minutes away, have a coffee and do our thing, return and reset the job, adding about a grand to the overall job. We got to use the washroom.

BTW holding it in isn't good for the innards. Diverticulitis and bladder issues.

Old joke: The body part were having an discussion about which was more important. The eyes said they let people see, the ears said hear. The mouth allowed conversation and the brain spoke of thinking.

The rectum didn't say anything, just stopped working. Soon the eyes started to water the mouth puckered, the ears started ringing and the brain grew foggy. It won the argument without saying a word.

Last edited:
It depends on who owns the company. If the company is US owned Trump will twist the Monroe Doctrine and use it as an excuse to invade Canada.

The Monroe doctrine has to do with European states taking control of Central American countries. Nothing to do with import/export. The cost to the U.S. of a military invasion of Canada would be a very, very expensive exercise. Much better to do a deal.

The Monroe doctrine has to do with European states taking control of Central American countries. Nothing to do with import/export. The cost to the U.S. of a military invasion of Canada would be a very, very expensive exercise. Much better to do a deal.

I agree but that isn't Trump logic. He's a greedy bully. Too many people are afraid of him and won't take a stand.

It doesn't make sense to invade for high tech coffee filters but once you've broken into the store why just take the minimum. Make the job pay.

...The government is dancing around this very carefully to not enrage Trump...as we all know how that will end...but watching Trudeau and especially Christia Freeland dance around the topic whilst still making it very clear when you read between the lines that they are prepared to take action is very, very interesting.

I don't think this is the time to get into a pissing match with the US or their president -- not going to win that war. If there is a shortage of pulp then sure, we get our allocation first to make as many masks as we can. Rather than sending pulp to China and the USA, lets ramp up mask production fast and send finished masks instead. Masks are not rocket science -- we have the materials, labour and production capability in Ontario - lets flex our muscles and get it done.

Same goes for ventilators. Lets get a design together, stuff GM Oshawa with workers to make the damn things. The world needs them now - we can do it.

Let Trump do his thing - stop watching FOX and CNN. If he doesn't get things in order soon he'll be ordering 3M to switch from masks to making HRPs. Hopefully Canada won't need to ramp production on those.

I don't think this is the time to get into a pissing match with the US or their president -- not going to win that war. If there is a shortage of pulp then sure, we get our allocation first to make as many masks as we can. Rather than sending pulp to China and the USA, lets ramp up mask production fast and send finished masks instead. Masks are not rocket science -- we have the materials, labour and production capability in Ontario - lets flex our muscles and get it done.

Same goes for ventilators. Lets get a design together, stuff GM Oshawa with workers to make the damn things. The world needs them now - we can do it.

Let Trump do his thing - stop watching FOX and CNN. If he doesn't get things in order soon he'll be ordering 3M to switch from masks to making HRPs. Hopefully Canada won't need to ramp production on those.

We are absolutely going to do that, just like Dougie says. Once that production starts we'll NEVER let it stop.

Back
Top Bottom