Coronavirus | Page 461 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Company HR put in a mask at all times policy now

AND a employee got sent him this morning, their room mate may have covid. So we are at ~two cases in a week now assuming employees are being honest.

HR still refusing WFH.

Company HR put in a mask at all times policy now

AND a employee got sent him this morning, their room mate may have covid. So we are at ~two cases in a week now assuming employees are being honest.

HR still refusing WFH.
How’s that work? Can you send an anonymous tip to the municipality where work is?

How’s that work? Can you send an anonymous tip to the municipality where work is?

The company is doing 100% the right thing and following proper protocol according to the guidelines set by the province of Ontario

Just because some employees get covid does not require them to shut down that location and send people home.

Pretty messed up right?

Thanks Dougie.

PS this is not isolated. Factories are dealing with the same thing at a bigger scale

Kind of concerned that the projected vaccination schedule for our town is such that I likely wouldn’t see a vaccination until well into the Fall and there’s no way I’m teaching 350 students in an enclosed lecture theatre without one. I wonder if teachers/instructors might be prioritized at some point? Before I get heaped on I’m making this case for getting things back to normal rather than trying to jump the queue. To clarify, I don’t really care whether I have to teach online for another term as I’m well set up to do so and everything is going very smoothly.

The company is doing 100% the right thing and following proper protocol according to the guidelines set by the province of Ontario

Just because some employees get covid does not require them to shut down that location and send people home.

Pretty messed up right?
But I thought that ‘work from home where possible’ is the rule?
My buddy is also being forced to work as his company is essential (it’s not) but they’re construction so they can ride that line, and his job CAN be done from home but boss won’t let him.

My buddy is also being forced to work as his company is essential (it’s not) but they’re construction so they can ride that line, and his job CAN be done from home but boss won’t let him.

HR laughed at me and gave me the two options posted before

Kind of concerned that the projected vaccination schedule for our town is such that I likely wouldn’t see a vaccination until well into the Fall and there’s no way I’m teaching 350 students in an enclosed lecture theatre without one. I wonder if teachers/instructors might be prioritized at some point? Before I get heaped on I’m making this case for getting things back to normal rather than trying to jump the queue. To clarify, I don’t really care whether I have to teach online for another term as I’m well set up to do so and everything is going very smoothly.
I thought teachers were in Stage 2? Or are profs not teachers? More grey from Douggie.

Officials listed five groups who will be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine in Phase 2 of their distribution plan.
Those who will be able to get the vaccine include:
  • Essential workers, beginning with front-line essential workers
Officials provided a few examples of essential workers, including first responders, teachers, and members of the food and construction industry, but said that work still needs to be done to sub-prioritize this category.

It is very hard for the province to prove that the work could be done at home. Company could just keep piling up reasons (data security, infrastructure, frequent communication, video record of no 3rd party physical access, etc). I don't see a reasonable potential for conviction unless management admits that it could be done from home.

Well we know HR ain’t there for the workers.
That's a whole other thread. My dad spent most of his career in HR and there are a lot of interesting situations that arise with no clear right answer but lots of reasonable opinions. For instance, hiring a summer student to do job xyz while Bob who makes 80K a year is on vacation. The student does Bobs entire job with no exceptions other than less experience. Do you pay the summer student $2000 a month because that is what you pay students or do you pay $6500 a month as that is what you have determined that job is worth to you? If the job is worth $2000 a month, why the hell are we paying Bob $6500? Lots of healthy discussion around that scenario alone and there are 100 others like it.

How long before we get official gov't decrees that recreational travel by public servants is grounds for dismissal with cause? International travel requires a physical signoff by two steps above, they are on the hook too if it is a BS trip. Useless bleeping leadership.

I'd report for duty the next day in a full hazmat suit ?‍?
Unless you got one with active ventilation (which is crazy expensive) you are only hurting yourself. So hot and obviously work doesnt gaf so they should just let him keep working (or maybe turf him because they are annoyed at his pushback). Either way, George is the one that gets hurt.

Unless you got one with active ventilation (which is crazy expensive) you are only hurting yourself. So hot and obviously work doesnt gaf so they should just let him keep working (or maybe turf him because they are annoyed at his pushback). Either way, George is the one that gets hurt.
Yep, it's a no win situation and a really bad time to attempt to unionize.

I spent most of today not working because of this stuff.

It's crazy how many politicians broke the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom