Coronavirus | Page 462 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zoodles95 seem familiar? Douggie doesn't seem to want to touch transit. He doesn't even mention it and then do nothing like with every other aspect of life.

Some quotes from link below. The entire article is longer. Same crap defence by TTC, nobody has proven transit is a problem so it isn't. That's incredibly weak at this point. You are putting people in close proximity in a tube for extended time.

As new emergency orders to slow the spread of COVID-19 come into effect across Ontario, TTC riders and operators are expressing concern that more measures may be needed to keep transit safe.

Speaking with CP24 Thursday, Shelagh Pizey-Allen of the group TTCRiders said that transit users in the city are concerned about crowding, inadequate mask use among riders and the resumption of TTC fare inspections.

“We've been asking for the same safety precautions that we had back in March last year, and it's just absurd that the TTC and (CEO) Rick Leary would not re-implement the same safety precautions that we had a year ago or 10 months ago, when we had 300 cases a day in Ontario and now we're at, you know we're averaging 3,000, which is 10 times the amount.”

He said drivers are frustrated that they face close scrutiny over their mask wearing while they look around to see many customers not wearing masks properly or not wearing masks at all.

He said there should be physical distancing audits of TTC Spaces rather than audits of TTC employees.

Speaking with CP24, TTC Spokesperson Stuart Green said the commission has been working to keep the system safe and there is no indication that current practices are contributing to the spread of the virus.

Went for a 3k walk in my front yard, It's really nice out, the snow is melting.

If TTC wants to make it safer for drivers; figure out how to retrofit the busses and streetcars with private driver doors on the driver side. Seal them off from the cargo.

Went for a 3k walk in my front yard, It's really nice out, the snow is melting.

If TTC wants to make it safer for drivers; figure out how to retrofit the busses and streetcars with private driver doors on the driver side. Seal them off from the cargo.
I don't know how no mask /no service is not a thing. It is not just drivers that are at risk. Everyone on the vehicle is a risk from the dumb. It seems like such a low bar. Spineless leaders at their best.

I don't know how no mask /no service is not a thing. It is not just drivers that are at risk. Everyone on the vehicle is a risk from the dumb. It seems like such a low bar. Spineless leaders at their best.

"I have a medical condition" and the instant protection by law that is triggered when those words are uttered is the big problem here. A lot of people seem to have magically developed medical conditions since last April that render them unable to wear anything that might even resemble a mask.

And that's apparently OK - employees are told to just step back and be non confrontational about it at that point.

The same way ******** are slowly eroding our herd immunity for things like Measles because of their "religious beliefs" and other nonsense that they use to avoid getting their crotch goblins vaccinated against these once rampant childhood diseases.

"I have a medical condition" and the instant protection by law that is triggered when those words are uttered is the big problem here. A lot of people seem to have magically developed medical conditions since last April that render them unable to wear anything that might even resemble a mask.

And that's apparently OK - employees are told to just step back and be non confrontational about it at that point.

The same way ******** are slowly eroding our herd immunity for things like Measles because of their "religious beliefs" and other nonsense that they use to avoid getting their crotch goblins vaccinated against these once rampant childhood diseases.
Yup, not an acceptable excuse. If you have a medical condition, call 311, file the paperwork and wheeltrans will help you out. If you are wandering around costco, you do not have a medical condition that makes wearing a mask impossible. You can decide if you have a medical condition but society is allowed to force you to make alternate accommodations for that condition.

Rutt roh I think somebody accidentally posted to the wrong thread that time :LOL:

Rutt roh I think somebody accidentally posted to the wrong thread that time :LOL:
Our spineless politicians are afraid of enforcing the safety guidelines. They are afraid of hurting all the snowflakes feelings. Especially on public transit.

Did I miss something here

What changes was there other than he shut down more business

Speaking of coronavirus can it freeze and then thaw out and still be viable?
That would really suck wouldn't it :unsure: I hope that's a no,
but I doubt cold hurts the virus much, again because it's so darn tiny, it can probably do lots of things we can't even imagine.

Speaking of coronavirus can it freeze and then thaw out and still be viable?
That would really suck wouldn't it :unsure: I hope that's a no,
but I doubt cold hurts the virus much, again because it's so darn tiny, it can probably do lots of things we can't even imagine.
Has to be used within 5 hours or it's junk i think.

Did I miss something here

What changes was there other than he shut down more business
They opened up skate rinks to limited use because we all know what germ free places they are.

No the virus not the vaccine. Can the virus withstand freezing and thaw out to still be deadly?

My wife got a call from the nursing home asking if she (as a registered essential caregiver) wanted a dose as they had a dose that was going to otherwise go to waste. Unfortunately they over gave her a 30 minute time window to make it which she couldn't meet.

This is certainly a problem and I'd like to think they're planning things better to avoid this from happening.

My wife got a call from the nursing home asking if she (as a registered essential caregiver) wanted a dose as they had a dose that was going to otherwise go to waste. Unfortunately they over gave her a 30 minute time window to make it which she couldn't meet.

This is certainly a problem and I'd like to think they're planning things better to avoid this from happening.
Moderna isnt so touchy. They rolled out Pfizer to nursing homes as there was not nearly enough moderna. Afaik, only previous grey zones got any moderna at all.

Moderna isnt so touchy. They rolled out Pfizer to nursing homes as there was not nearly enough moderna. Afaik, only previous grey zones got any moderna at all.
They "redirected" a shipment of the Moderna vaccine yesterday from Niagara Region in favour of sending it to a hot zone. Think we've been reclassified here in Niagara as GF :(

Under the new lockdown guidelines, is a family allowed to hire a babysitter?

Don't believe so unless there's no other option for childcare and the person needs to go to work. Can't possibly imagine any other justifiable reason right now short of some other family/medical emergency.

Grey area for sure given nobody is supposed to be out of their houses bubble right now.

They "redirected" a shipment of the Moderna vaccine yesterday from Niagara Region in favour of sending it to a hot zone

To be fair, once the ultra high risk group (nursing homes and such) are taken care of, moving supply into the lesser urgent groups in the hot zones is actually a pretty good idea. The faster they knock down spread in the hot zones, the faster they stop people from those hot zones from spreading it elsewhere.

He said drivers are frustrated that they face close scrutiny over their mask wearing while they look around to see many customers not wearing masks properly or not wearing masks at all.

I take the TTC twice a week for physio or chiro appointments.

I've yelled at least one person, as loud as possible, to "stop being a selfish piece of entitled **** and put on the ******* mask" every week. Works every time!

If the government or TTC staff won't do it, it's up to the rest of us.

"I have a medical condition" and the instant protection by law that is triggered when those words are uttered is the big problem here.

Just ask "so you're a ******* pussy? PUT THE MASK ON." lol

Our spineless politicians are afraid of enforcing the safety guidelines. They are afraid of hurting all the snowflakes feelings. Especially on public transit.

From what I understand (I have front line friends in public health), the politicians are trying to avoid what's happening down south due to low morale and people slowly losing their ****. Groupthink is a pretty strong phenomenon right now. Push the "anti vax" and "anti mask" crowd further and they might actually do something stupid. At least that's the impression/info I've gotten from said friends.

I don't really get it, cause I'm in a happy relationship, live with her, and have been happy sitting in my room gaming/tinkering with **** all my life. But for the miserable single ppl, karens, people in ****** relationships.....I'd imagine they're ready to /wrist.

Last edited:
I take the TTC twice a week for physio or chiro appointments.

I've yelled at least one person, as loud as possible, to "stop being a selfish piece of entitled **** and put on the ******* mask" every week. Works every time!

If the government or TTC staff won't do it, it's up to the rest of us.

Just ask "so you're a ******* pussy? PUT THE MASK ON." lol
Unfortunately not everyone is as tough as you, and frankly all it takes is one guy with a weapon to bring you back down to earth.

I understand where you're coming from, but for me it's not worth fighting some idiot over a mask because frankly...I have too much to lose. You may get a few shots in, but all he/she needs is a weapon you're not aware of, or a single lucky punch and you're out for the count, or dead from falling the wrong way.

Like Mike Tyson said....Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the face.

I'm not trying to be an ass to your comment, fully agree with you, but the majority of people (myself included) aren't going to risk my health/future to fight some idiot that I don't know what's what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom