Coronavirus | Page 355 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get confused by big numbers, ones with too many zeros.

Let's say Covid costs Canada a trillion dollars over the first year. $1,000,000,000,000. Did I get that right.

Divide by population of 40,000,000 and it's $25,000 each. Correct my math if I'm wrong.

Shouldn't the minimum fine for anti maskers reflect those numbers.

Hope you feel better soon one of my coworkers got it earlier and was ok but you can't take anything for granted. Hopefully you can set up your hottub and recover sooner.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Well... I am now a statistic. I started to feel a bit ****** on the weekend. Saturday night I had a bit of stuffiness and I felt sore. I assumed it was due to the work I had been doing in the yard. Sunday was more of the same; like a slight head cold.

Monday the chills and sweats came. I have never had a fever though. I am getting forgetful. My wife finds the fridge not closed, taps not shut off etc.

My wife is why I did not go to work on Monday and she set up my Covid test at Joseph Brant for Tuesday afternoon. Is today Wednesday? I feel very "off" and things seem surreal.

At any rate the positive result rolled in sometime this evening. Just forwarded it to my work. If they pull the surveillance footage they will see me wearing my mask constantly behind the barrier even though that is beyond what is required. I wonder if they will make a note of the countless, maskless passengers who came on the bus? Every positive Covid case at work was blamed on home transmission. Will see if they will finally take a firm look at what is going on in the transit buses.

Main symptoms are complete and absolute exhaustion. I sleep for 4 to 8 hours. Am up for a half hour or so to have something to drink and perhaps eat something. Back to bed. I have no idea when my last bowel movement was. The entire episode is very bizarre.

Any of you that are not taking this seriously and are not social distancing or wearing a mask around others. Please reconsider your stance. You may literally save a life of a stranger or someone you know. At the very least you could spare someone a very ****** illness.

Covid 19 is not a hoax.
GWS.

I've been hanging out in Northern Ontario for the last few weeks, despite zero infections in a hundred mile radius they everyone up here is taking this very seriously - masks and social distancing is the norm. I was out in the bush drumming up a few grouse for dinner last weekend, I saw a group of 4 moose hunters jump out of pickup -- camo masks on.

I'm headed back to the GTA cesspool next week, I think Ill do my shopping up here so I can stay locked up in my house away from the urban Covidiots.

Get well soon Zoodles. There’s several ways you may have caught this but only one is even vaguely forgivable if someone was an asymptomatic carrier. The world is full of idiots and sadly you face more of them than some of us and perform an essential service while doing so.

Get well soon Zoodles. There’s several ways you may have caught this but only one is even vaguely forgivable if someone was an asymptomatic carrier. The world is full of idiots and sadly you face more of them than some of us and perform an essential service while doing so.
you do realize that 80% of those infected was wearing masks

let’s say those numbers are true...100-80=?

Now...you do realize that masks are not 100% foolproof too right?

Compliance is not 100%.

A recent case showed that one prisoner was in a cell with 7 other inmates for 17 minutes...all 8 were infected after that time. The prison was able to accurately track movements. The prisoners were not wearing masks.

That is actually quite scary....

How long does the average passenger stay on a bus for?

I should hope 100% of the infected people are wearing masks when they are around others, which should be almost not at all,
& if they are not already on assisted breathing.

It's the people that have it in them right now that can do something about it. whoever they are and if that is not all of us.

GWS Zoodles

That is not what the study said at all.

Your news source is showing.

Was it 80%? 90%? Maybe 70%

And maybe it was only some 170 of 340 people in the CDC report that were classed as "always" or "often" with their mask.

Whereby the people who didnt catch covid had a higher result for mask usage.

Which would support the exact opposite conclusion of what you just implied.

When we cant even complete contact tracing because of the large # of results you weren't just implying that you have data confirming that 80% of all the positive cases caught covid WHILE they were wearing a mask?

Last edited:
Oooh. Popsugar. Where all the best scientific minds hang out.

It does link to original CDC article though.

And that original CDC article is worth reading, because it doesn't say what some people/organisations are alleging that it says.

What it does say, is that eating and drinking (where mask usage is impossible) in a group setting (restaurant, bar, coffee shop) is a significant risk factor. And this shouldn't surprise anyone - and it's consistent with what public health has been telling us to do.

Quote from article: "Exposures and activities where mask use and social distancing are difficult to maintain, including going to places that offer on-site eating or drinking, might be important risk factors for acquiring COVID-19. As communities reopen, efforts to reduce possible exposures at locations that offer on-site eating and drinking options should be considered to protect customers, employees, and communities."

Read the first paragraph after "Discussion", in particular.

A limitation in that article that I can spot, is that indoor versus outdoor settings of restaurants, bars, and coffee shops were not distinguished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom