Coronavirus | Page 324 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
118504042_113517380473085_4662222876707809596_n.jpg

Well I think there are also a psychological reasons along, with or not, if it is effective. Visuals can be strong motivators get help people do something. Hard to describe or physically prove a virus exsists until someone has it, but seeing some evidence of a problem with people wearing masks does help, and hopefully it makes people think and do the right thing.

Not just psychological but a badge that shows “we are all in this together”. A kind of community contract for an unprecedented national health and economic crisis. At this stage arguing, disobeying and posturing against wearing a mask just tells me you’re a selfish ass.

All the more reason to not buy your kids "cool" masks. Plain black, like a school uniform....no reason to trade anyone because they're all the same. Write name on it somewhere like mittens and hats. Problem solved. ;)

/In a perfect world...yeah, yeah, I get it.

All the more reason to not buy your kids "cool" masks. Plain black, like a school uniform....no reason to trade anyone because they're all the same. Write name on it somewhere like mittens and hats. Problem solved. ;)

/In a perfect world...yeah, yeah, I get it.

I was talking to a school bus driver. He says the kids lick the windows.

I was talking to a school bus driver. He says the kids lick the windows.

Exactly. And each other. And eat the crayons. Etc.

This is the reason why kids are 2 legged germbags.

But we need to do something. Simply saying "masks aren't going to work for school aged kids!" and throwing our arms up in the air isn't a solution either. If little Jimmy has his mask off 50% of the day but the 50% of the day it's actually on his face properly is when he sneezes uncontrollably and might have spread something, well, we need to keep perspective and call that worthy of the effort.

The children should be laminated so they can be wiped clean easily. To clarify....I propose this even when there’s no pandemic.

Wiped clean? Just prop them up in front of a fire hydrant and hose 'em down.

The children should be laminated so they can be wiped clean easily. To clarify....I propose this even when there’s no pandemic.
You could buy a lot of these for $2billion . Also has the benefit of training for social distancing.

Attachments

• 1598637554328.png
    1598637554328.png
    542 KB · Views: 11

now that mine are grown and taking care of their own bodily fluids
I'm not a fan of having the gross little things around me
dogs have better hygiene habits

1JjEYaa.jpg

human food and drink is so delicious
dogs prefer our waste products to what we provide to them

ever see a dog running around with food all over it's face?
or a bag of poop strapped to it's ass?

@GreyGhost @PrivatePilot @jc100 @nobbie48 @crankcall @Mad Mike thanks for the laugh and for the reminder of what's in store for me in about a week and a half...

still haven't found out what I'm teaching, nor how many students I'll have, nor gone in to prep my classroom...3 days of training next week, so hope to find some time to figure things out for my first week back...wish me luck... ?
Hopefully, you can open the windows and get some outside air coming in.

Have you read any studies from countries that had already started back a month or two ago?

@Baggsy I've seen lots of stuff put out by Dr. John Campbell, articles from the US (but their situation is so much more worse than ours, I don't really think we can compare us to them)...I've heard about schools in Germany (IIRC) that have gone back and haven't had any cases, but then I've heard of schools in France and Israel that were shut down again...if you have other items I should read, post a link here or shoot me a DM...

I'm trying to stay positive and not get anxious (really hard to do though when I deal with 6 & 7 year olds who are essentially petrie dishes)...I hated online (worked my *** off and received really good feedback from parents for all that I did, but man, it was exhausting)...I love what I do, and I just hope and pray that parents will co-operate with us (keeping sick kids home instead of sending them to school doped up on Tylenol/Advil because they can't take a day off work; teaching them how to properly don/doff a mask; proper hand hygiene; proper coughing/sneezing etiquette)...my first few days will definitely be a lot of work on habits and procedures...

I wouldn't count on parents helping you with that stuff. I expect most of them will be relying on you (the system) to teach their kids about proper hygiene and mask use if applicable to your group. Parents will still send their kids to school sick because a lot of private sector employers are simply unwilling to afford paid time off because someone's kid is sick. I lived that life for over 40 years. I doubt Covid will change that.

My 2 cents .... I think it will start off OK. Then, maybe mid-late Oct. look out! Isn't that when colds and flu normally start spreading like wildfire among those little petri dishes? Although, the flu season could be a lot less prevalent this year just due to better hygiene and use of masks by the general public? It will be interesting to see if what we have been through and learned with Covid will have some positive outcome in other areas of general health and welfare.

I wouldn't count on parents helping you with that stuff. I expect most of them will be relying on you (the system) to teach their kids about proper hygiene and mask use if applicable to your group. Parents will still send their kids to school sick because a lot of private sector employers are simply unwilling to afford paid time off because someone's kid is sick. I lived that life for over 40 years. I doubt Covid will change that.

My 2 cents .... I think it will start off OK. Then, maybe mid-late Oct. look out! Isn't that when colds and flu normally start spreading like wildfire among those little petri dishes? Although, the flu season could be a lot less prevalent this year just due to better hygiene and use of masks by the general public? It will be interesting to see if what we have been through and learned with Covid will have some positive outcome in other areas of general health and welfare.
Well, on the upside, as currently enforced, a runny nose or single cough gets you immediately booted. You cannot return until clean covid test and no symptoms for 24 hours. So the parent may buy themselves one morning but it will cost them the next 3+ days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom