Coronavirus | Page 323 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have the patience of a saint.

Don't worry, he'll be back and calling us all sheep again in no time.

Presented with all these facts many people have laid out, he still isn't willing to even remotely consider the fact his views are wrong.

He's either choosing to be completely and totally willfully ignorant, or he's just trolling the **** out of all of us (including the mods) and getting away with it.

There seems to be some kind of undercurrent of an insult war going on in this thread. Is there a prize for post count? Those using most of their words insulting the "muh freedumbs" crowd, while then throwing in a supposed thought from "sum randumb smirt gai sign test", without any corroborating evidence, such as a article from a respected journal, are just as guilty. I don't really care if you think you could have been a scientist. Stop posting for the sake of posting.
Post an article or video, and what you make of it without insulting anyone else on the board.

If you're simply going to post your stupid opinions, stop blasting others for doing likewise. Let's have a nice adult discussion. Can we do that?

Here's an interesting paper on masks and what they're supposed to do to prevent the spread:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763852

Here's a quote from the implications section: " Mask efficacy as source control depends on the ability of the mask to trap or alter the high-momentum gas cloud emission with its pathogenic payload. Peak exhalation speeds can reach up to 33 to 100 feet per second (10-30 m/s), creating a cloud that can span approximately 23 to 27 feet (7-8 m). Protective and source control masks, as well as other protective equipment, should have the ability to repeatedly withstand the kind of high-momentum multiphase turbulent gas cloud that may be ejected during a sneeze or a cough and the exposure from them. Currently used surgical and N95 masks are not tested for these potential characteristics of respiratory emissions. "

perspective is an interesting thing

from mine
the anti-maskers, while massively outnumbered
resort to name calling and insults at a far greater rate then others

maybe that's human nature?
as no one likes condescension

even if they don't know what that is
they don't like it

That's a fair statement, although I do note that this paper dates from late March, quite early in the pandemic outside of China.

With the rapid pace of both the infection and our knowledge of its countermeasures, one has to pay attention to the publication dates in case there may be later information that supercedes it.

perspective is an interesting thing

from mine
the anti-maskers, while massively outnumbered
resort to name calling and insults at a far greater rate then others

maybe that's human nature?
as no one likes condescension

even if they don't know what that is
they don't like it
Fine example I don’t think it’s the anti maskers doing the name calling on this forum

@J_F but it's also about adults getting infected from the kids, and then those staff members taking it home to their families...everywhere else there's 2m distancing and reduced numbers inside virtually every business, however nothing for schools...
Not every business...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I just wanna know: wtf is the big deal with wearing a mask?
I'm required to wear one at work.
So I do.
All day.
Properly.
And I can breathe through it fine.
And I don't feel like my rights have been violated.
Plus, IT'S JUST A ******* MASK!

But of course that means that a chip in my neck is next, right??

Also,
I'm much better looking with half of my face covered.

Mask efficacy as source control depends on the ability of the mask to trap or alter the high-momentum gas cloud emission with its pathogenic payload. Peak exhalation speeds can reach up to 33 to 100 feet per second (10-30 m/s), creating a cloud that can span approximately 23 to 27 feet (7-8 m). Protective and source control masks, as well as other protective equipment, should have the ability to repeatedly withstand the kind of high-momentum multiphase turbulent gas cloud that may be ejected during a sneeze or a cough and the exposure from them. Currently used surgical and N95 masks are not tested for these potential characteristics of respiratory emissions. "

Just to be clear, is the argument being made here that because a mask (even potentially an N95) might fail to work perfectly in every single scenario (IE, a high velocity sneeze), that we should just give up and not use them accordingly?

Sure, if someone sneezes a mask may not work perfectly to stop all projection of fluids, but does that mean we should throw the baby out with the bathwater even when the other 99.5% of a persons day the mask is otherwise working perfectly and doing what it's designed to do?

6gjYLCt.png

Temperature has no bearing on the COVID virus.

In support... Norway and Finland surround Sweden, same climate, big difference in infection. Much of Canada had a hot summer, the populated area of Canada is same climate as northern USA, big difference in infection. South Africa is in winter now. Italy and Spain were hit before summer there. But southeast Asia escaped. Whatever effect temperature has, is overwhelmed by public health policy and the willingness of the public to go along with their recommendations.

I just wanna know: wtf is the big deal with wearing a mask?
I'm required to wear one at work.
So I do.
All day.
Properly.
And I can breathe through it fine.
And I don't feel like my rights have been violated.
Plus, IT'S JUST A ******* MASK!

But of course that means that a chip in my neck is next, right??

Also,
I'm much better looking with half of my face covered.

O.k. Joe, let's beat this dead horse one last time.
The issue isn't wearing a mask or not, it's why you need to wear it, and if it's effective.
The government hasn't been too forthcoming on why. Some of the common memes are mostly wrong.
People have been called sheep, probably because they thoughtlessly followed along with what the government said, No masks, then homemade masks.

People who are cautious about doing what the government tells them, need to be given information, so that they can make an informed decision.

My opinion on why we need to wear masks, is to try and keep the virus if and when we get it, close to our bodies. A homemade mask isn't going to keep all of the virus in, especially now that we're pretty sure that it's also airborne. The job of a mask is to try and block as much as possible of an up to 30 m/s (100 feet/sec) sneeze. It's assumed that your clothing and body will have virus on it, if you're infected. The idea is to not spray the person two metres away. Otherwise, we'd all have to stay out of range, which is around 8 metres. So the sneeze travels that distance in a fraction of a second.

Here's another link to the article I posted before: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763852
Here's a video, a doctor did on the subject, that I referenced for the article:

What do you think of this with the children going back to school?

Your first study is for HCQ treatment alone, they excluded patients that had any other treatments. They compare that to patients that just had support (no treatment). People with COVID 19 that are in enough distress don’t just get treated with HCQ or aren’t left totally untreated so I don’t really know what this study shows.

The second analysis isn’t just HCQ it’s azithromycin too, an antibiotic.

The most interesting thing to me though is the number of people with lung lesions as detected by CAT scan. Half of those in the study group had lung lesions even though the fatality rate was only 0.9%. The mean age of those patients was 45. This is exactly why COVID-19 isn’t “just the flu”.

Your first study is for HCQ treatment alone, they excluded patients that had any other treatments. They compare that to patients that just had support (no treatment). People with COVID 19 that are in enough distress don’t just get treated with HCQ or aren’t left totally untreated so I don’t really know what this study shows.

The second analysis isn’t just HCQ it’s azithromycin too, an antibiotic.

The most interesting thing to me though is the number of people with lung lesions as detected by CAT scan. Half of those in the study group had lung lesions even though the fatality rate was only 0.9%. The mean age of those patients was 45. This is exactly why COVID-19 isn’t “just the flu”.
I think there's a study out that shows some people who test positive, but are without symptoms, have abnormal looking lungs. It's only around 30% but it is significant.

Edit: I agree that one or two studies, don't change things around. We need a preponderance of evidence. The point here is that they'll go back and do more studies with lower dosages, that should have less side effects. There also doesn't seem to be as much of a shouting match between the red and the blue.

Last edited:
O.k. Joe, let's beat this dead horse one last time.
Well I think there are also a psychological reasons along, with or not, if it is effective. Visuals can be strong motivators get help people do something. Hard to describe or physically prove a virus exsists until someone has it, but seeing some evidence of a problem with people wearing masks does help, and hopefully it makes people think and do the right thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom