Coronavirus | Page 325 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, on the upside, as currently enforced, a runny nose or single cough gets you immediately booted. You cannot return until clean covid test and no symptoms for 24 hours. So the parent may buy themselves one morning but it will cost them the next 3+ days.
We got a letter yesterday from the school board change in policy no test required just 24 hrs no symptoms.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

I know somebody that had a day off work so they had to get tested and isolate for 24 hours.
His results came back negative ? 4 days later.

Well, on the upside, as currently enforced, a runny nose or single cough gets you immediately booted. You cannot return until clean covid test and no symptoms for 24 hours. So the parent may buy themselves one morning but it will cost them the next 3+ days.

I feel sorry for kids with allergies (and their parents). WTF are they supposed to do ??? Ragweed season is here for the next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel sorry for kids with allergies (and their parents). WTF are they supposed to do ??? Ragweed season is here for the next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently a doc note saying you have allergies is sufficient. I dont have those for our kids, nor have I explicitly tracked allergies. They are generally healthy but sometime get snotty, it happens and I havent bothered to try to track down a cause. I can see a rush on doc visits by many parents to request an allergy letter.

tourist travel is starting to open up
here's a list of places where Canadians can now go

Thailand has done extremely well controlling covid
of course they have killed the tourist economy in the process
their plan to have a tourism test project on just the Island of Phuket is interesting
could be a good plan, could turn into a petrie dish

and insurance companies are now offering travel policies that cover covid

tourist travel is starting to open up
here's a list of places where Canadians can now go

Thailand has done extremely well controlling covid
of course they have killed the tourist economy in the process
their plan to have a tourism test project on just the Island of Phuket is interesting
could be a good plan, could turn into a petrie dish

and insurance companies are now offering travel policies that cover covid

I think there’s 8 companies offering insurance as of a few days ago. Some countries are now asking for negative test results from 5 days before the flight rather than 24 or 48h.

I don’t think I’m considering flying until April 2021 right now but we will see. If things look better in December I may be tempted.

Reactions: J_F
Image being circulated by MPP Randy Hillier along with commentary telling people to think for themselves. Most of his posts are along the lines of conspiracy/it isn't worse than the flue/etc.

117310990_3646397658703877_6879831076845525813_o.jpg

"I encourage everyone to pause the talking heads for a moment and check the numbers for themselves.

Clearly for me, lock-downs, masks, social distancing, closing down our economy and education makes no difference. Our government has dug themselves into a deep hole they can’t get out, and we won’t either until we face up to the facts and stop buying into the fear. Politicians and the media have become to fearful to speak truthfully because of the backlash from social media mob. It’s time all reasonable people speak up and ditch the maskerade.

*COVID-19 Deaths of those 80+ are 6,327 and Flu deaths in 2018 of those 80+ were 6,193* "

How do such simpletons get themselves in positions of power?

Other simpletons vote for them. There are no competency tests or anything of the sort to become a politician, other than being able to gather votes. If that's the prevailing mind-set out that way, the people there are getting what they deserve. Unfortunately, the rest of us have to deal with it.

Image being circulated by MPP Randy Hillier along with commentary telling people to think for themselves. Most of his posts are along the lines of conspiracy/it isn't worse than the flue/etc.

117310990_3646397658703877_6879831076845525813_o.jpg

"I encourage everyone to pause the talking heads for a moment and check the numbers for themselves.

Clearly for me, lock-downs, masks, social distancing, closing down our economy and education makes no difference. Our government has dug themselves into a deep hole they can’t get out, and we won’t either until we face up to the facts and stop buying into the fear. Politicians and the media have become to fearful to speak truthfully because of the backlash from social media mob. It’s time all reasonable people speak up and ditch the maskerade.

*COVID-19 Deaths of those 80+ are 6,327 and Flu deaths in 2018 of those 80+ were 6,193* "

sigh...another assclown from my neck of the woods

We got a letter yesterday from the school board change in policy no test required just 24 hrs no symptoms.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
Slight update. Runny nose resolved itself until kid had a tantrum on the way to daycare and that flushed out the sinuses. Brought her home again. Daycare called and said after talking to health unit, there is an or clause. Either 24 hours after symptoms disappear or 5 days out of daycare and health unit approval even if symptoms remain.

Also, daycare about to go into official outbreak status because of kids with runny noses and negative covid tests. Oy. School is not going to go well.

I have a feeling as soon as 1 teacher catches it, wether its from their students or not, schools will all be shut down by the unions. Its going to be distance learning from then until they come up with a vaccine.

I have a feeling as soon as 1 teacher catches it, wether its from their students or not, schools will all be shut down by the unions. Its going to be distance learning from then until they come up with a vaccine.

Seems extremely likely, yes.

The unions are already pushing OHSA motions through the system to shut down their unsafe workplace until plans are revised. Air traffic controllers, here we come. Teachers unions are detached from reality. Distance ed means ~30% of the workforce of ontario disappears until vaccine is widely available. If the unions think the teachers are still going to get 100% comp for the crap most of them did in the spring, there will be a revolt. Some teachers worked incredibly hard, nobody liked the situation, the vast majority were working 20% of the time for 100% of the money.

The unions are already pushing OHSA motions through the system to shut down their unsafe workplace until plans are revised. Air traffic controllers, here we come. Teachers unions are detached from reality. Distance ed means ~30% of the workforce of ontario disappears until vaccine is widely available. If the unions think the teachers are still going to get 100% comp for the crap most of them did in the spring, there will be a revolt. Some teachers worked incredibly hard, nobody liked the situation, the vast majority were working 20% of the time for 100% of the money.

Hold on though....if there’s a genuine safety issue then there’s a genuine grievance here. Nobody is claiming the kids are at risk but adults in contact with potential carriers very much are. Gatherings inside have been severely curtailed as they are the most at-risk environments for transmission. Gatherings inside where you have constant contact over prolonged periods increase that risk. That’s defining the school workspace right there.

Personally I think it’s inevitable that schools will close down at some point and parents need to make serious plans for when, not if, that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom