Coronavirus | Page 303 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
App downloaded and running.

It broadcasts a random code over bluetooth while listening for other random codes and remembering any that were too close for too long. Every once in a while, it checks your remembered list of codes against those of known cases. Doesn't remember where it happened, doesn't use your real name.

Google, Facebook, etc already do much more tracking of your whereabouts...they just don't correlate that to covid19 cases.

installed and will give it a whirl
success of the app I guess will rely on peoples willingness to use it

I'm spending most of the summer in a region with almost no covid
and the locals would be very comfortable wearing red hats

I wonder from what point does the app look back 14 days for contact tracing? I hope they’ve factored in delays in the testing results being available. Perhaps the code received and entered in the app when an individual tests positive has a date code built in for consistency and to maximize the effective contact tracing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Download complete. Can't hurt and the more people that have it, the more effective it will be. Just hope that all those who test positive reply back to the app so others they have been in contact with will be notified.

Interesting - looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Hopefully this will be able to stem the second outbreak.
Now with schools going back to (almost) full swing, I'm sure parents will want to be extra extra cautious...

App downloaded and running.

It broadcasts a random code over bluetooth while listening for other random codes and remembering any that were too close for too long. Every once in a while, it checks your remembered list of codes against those of known cases. Doesn't remember where it happened, doesn't use your real name.

Google, Facebook, etc already do much more tracking of your whereabouts...they just don't correlate that to covid19 cases.

Downloaded. I didnt read much of how it works. Does it say how often it checks? I am picturing a restaurant (half) full of people in the middle of dinner and all their phones suddenly go off with an alert. Do they all leave? Do they all look around for the 'guilty' person (you know, the one with their hands over their face mumbling 'oh ****')?

Unsolicited seeds with mysterious coating are being mailed from China to thousands of Canadians and
Americans

Doesn't get into that much detail. It is looking for situations where your phone spends more than (roughly) 15 minutes within (roughly) 2 metres of another phone that later turns out to belong to someone infected. Given that the knowledge of that infection won't happen until later (when that person gets the results back from a test), it isn't going to be a "real time" notification of the "you are too close to an infected person - please leave immediately" variety. It's more like a "Remember that coffee shop you went to a few days ago? No not that one, the other one, the one you forgot about. Someone infected was right next to you. Go get checked."

Do NOT plant the seeds!

These will grow into pods containing a replica human deviod of all human emotions.
This was already very well documented in the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".
Beware the pods and the seeds that they grow from!
Body snatchers.jpg

Mine started growing and now they keep yelling Feed Me!
little_shop_of_horrors.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom