Coronavirus | Page 305 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@regder that is what our schools will look like come September 8... :(

We have to be very careful, Israel is a good study here. They had national cases down to single digits, then rushed to reopen schools, results were not great.

@regder which is exactly what teachers are saying and why we're scared to go back...can you imagine 30 kindergarten kids practicing social distancing?...or 30 grade 7 & 8 kids keeping a mask on for 6.5 hours?...or a school of 1,000 kids with 1 custodian?

@regder which is exactly what teachers are saying and why we're scared to go back...can you imagine 30 kindergarten kids practicing social distancing?...or 30 grade 7 & 8 kids keeping a mask on for 6.5 hours?...or a school of 1,000 kids with 1 custodian?
Being a grandparent.....yes,i think 4 year olds can be better behaved than teens for sure.They listen!

I was talking with a buddy of my yesterday who works for the Federal Gov. They are all working from home and have no plans yet to get back into the office. He said it would take hours for people to get into the building with limited use elevators, stairs, one way traffic, doors etc because of social distancing. I never thought about it before but it made sense.

I can see how the schools can also have similar challenges, we all know how the halls were crowded once that bell rang.
Hopefully they come up with a solution.

@nobbie48 then I invite your psychiatrist friend to visit a kindergarten class with 30 of them all going nutso...throw in a runner, ADHD, Autism, criers, those that spit, hit, bite and the ones who have accidents in their pants and we'll see how much they listen...

@sburns I'm waiting to hear what the exact plan is...

I didn't say I agreed with him.

We are planning on sending our eldest to daycare come September. Spoke with the provider and they seem to have a lot of checks and balances in place....plus they've whittled the class sizes down to the bare minimum so will be interesting.

Teachers aren't allowed to wear the same outside clothes, so they have to change to specific clothing inside the daycare.
Parents drop the kids off outside, and no going inside.
Lunches are packaged individually instead of 'family style' feeds.
Daily temp checks for parents/kids/teachers.
UV lights to be used on all surfaces (to kill bacteria).
No plush toys (only hard surfaces that can be cleaned daily).
Separate seating areas for all kids. Much smaller groups.

Few other things as well. In all honesty it sounds great in theory what they're doing...but we will see how it goes and if we don't get locked down again for the second wave.

I went through the airport today, was nearly empty but I seen a crowd of people dressed up in full hazmat gear,

don’t think they was a part of a team, they were just passengers catching a flight

I went through the airport today, was nearly empty but I seen a crowd of people dressed up in full hazmat gear,

don’t think they was a part of a team, they were just passengers catching a flight
Yup. Seen a few people in full body medical coverings. Head to toe. Both at YYZ and YVR. But YVR was way more lax on masks and people complying compared to YYZ.

Air Canada started handing out pop and tea/coffee so they’re opening up a bit.

We are planning on sending our eldest to daycare come September. Spoke with the provider and they seem to have a lot of checks and balances in place....plus they've whittled the class sizes down to the bare minimum so will be interesting.

Teachers aren't allowed to wear the same outside clothes, so they have to change to specific clothing inside the daycare.
Parents drop the kids off outside, and no going inside.
Lunches are packaged individually instead of 'family style' feeds.
Daily temp checks for parents/kids/teachers.
UV lights to be used on all surfaces (to kill bacteria).
No plush toys (only hard surfaces that can be cleaned daily).
Separate seating areas for all kids. Much smaller groups.

Few other things as well. In all honesty it sounds great in theory what they're doing...but we will see how it goes and if we don't get locked down again for the second wave.

Take your pick. Fortunately, not having anyone in the age group, I don't have to make a decision.

Thank you internet for allowing anyone with a connection to add to the confusion.

Honestly...I don’t see what all the fuss is about with schools....all you need is this..

:unsure: you might be onto something there
now we just need a big one to dip the schools into, we should run that one by the Donald.

We had to put one of our cats down yesterday, Vets have strict rules about people not coming in so we were worried that he would have to die alone. They had a space they made outside on a low flat roof out back so you can be there with them but still follow the rules, which was good. Too bad it was also their screw-up during routine surgery that damaged his heart...

Sorry for your loss. Putting down a pet is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do - glad all our other pets since have passed naturally. Still hard, but not heart wrenching hard.

Our kids school board sent out some details. Classes to start Sept 8. You can do remote learning if you want, but if you choose that path you are stuck with it until the end of a term. Otherwise all stuff we already knew.

Many times.
You have to feel good for the great life you gave them and how fortunate they were to have you care for them.

Observed Trials are on with some interesting rules of engagement. Should be just like any other regular ride in the woods day with one other rider if we do it right, then we have to leave. One day event only with masks and results will be in the mail. Sorry no spectators allowed, if you want to attend you better be riding, :unsure: it's only slightly observed trials, or maybe they will have video cameras hidden in the woods and trained on the sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom