Coronavirus | Page 229 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space is where it's at. Can't get much more isolated than there.
But I dont know if there is a rocket with enough capacity to fly enough "recreational products" to keep him up there without a constant stream of resupply.

I would not be at all surprised in the roadster launched into space was a trial run for his final resting place. People like musk make huge changes but statistically dont last long. I'm waiting for the streaming video of musk and sunny sitting in a cyber truck flying through space.

The Ontario fire marshall was just on the TV news saying "you cant 'reset' your disposable face mask by putting it in the microwave". Apparently its been a problem with house fires in the US and the UK.

no fix for stupid

What moron would go on a ship then? Frig me. Almost a 100% chance you will get stuck in your cabin for two weeks at the end (or are they planning on discharging passengers into a quarantine hotel to free up the ship for the next batch of victims?)

I see quick-testing for Covid being in the future of cruising, or mandatory masks. It's going to be tough to make it work but I can't wait to get back to it so we shall see where the road leads.

These stupid guidelines vs laws are now simmering and about to boil over. Some municipalities are threatening to fine cottagers up to $5000 a day for showing up.

The fines won't stick.

I'm not condoning the stupid who go to their cottage and feel the need to make 50 stops along the way because they couldn't plan a 1 car funeral and need to stop enroute for groceries, beer and everything else enroute (potentially spreading all the way), but what I will say is this - sooner than later someone is going to make a charter argument over this. And it's going to be a biggie...because the charter DOES provide for unimpeded travel to Canadian residents inside Canada. The only thing that could override that is activation of the emergencies act, which is not enacted. All these road blockades (IE Hull/Ottawa) and restrictions being placed by townships and such are going to be a big problem eventually when the first person sues over it. And they'll win....

Reactions: J_F
What moron would go on a ship then? Frig me. Almost a 100% chance you will get stuck in your cabin for two weeks at the end (or are they planning on discharging passengers into a quarantine hotel to free up the ship for the next batch of victims?)

price it cheap enough and a sizeable subset of society will conveniently forget.

I see quick-testing for Covid being in the future of cruising, or mandatory masks. It's going to be tough to make it work but I can't wait to get back to it so we shall see where the road leads.

The fines won't stick.

I'm not condoning the stupid who go to their cottage and feel the need to make 50 stops along the way because they couldn't plan a 1 car funeral and need to stop enroute for groceries, beer and everything else enroute (potentially spreading all the way), but what I will say is this - sooner than later someone is going to make a charter argument over this. And it's going to be a biggie...because the charter DOES provide for unimpeded travel to Canadian residents inside Canada. The only thing that could override that is activation of the emergencies act, which is not enacted. All these road blockades (IE Hull/Ottawa) and restrictions being placed by townships and such are going to be a big problem eventually when the first person sues over it. And they'll win....
They are citing a health act. I havent read the act to see if that is kosher.

I suspect almost all covid charges will be dropped when this is over unless you are a huge ass though. They want headlines and compliance not fines.

price it cheap enough and a sizeable subset of society will conveniently forget.
Maybe the first round, but the cruise industry is really playing with fire here. The last thing they need are a bunch of people crying to the media about getting fired from their jobs because they are quarantined.

To Pp's point, it may be possible with a rapid test, but even those are not remotely capable of cruise ship throughput for now. I could see testing everyone before boarding, then cruising, then return. The old pattern of get off the ship in a new locale everyday is dead for quite a while.

What if they all acted on it earlier? Instead of trying to downplay it... would this huge mess be dealt with already with less damage to people and the economy?

Unlikely.

Not saying China did everything right, but in hindsight it's pretty easy to point the finger at pretty much all of the world's major countries for not doing enough.

- On January 23, China locked down Wuhan
- Beginning of February China shut down most of the country
- Corona cases were spiking in Korea near the end of February
- Cases in Italy were blowing up beginning of March

Beginning of March, Canada and the US had a near zero case count. I think we had some warnings. Even now, many states are rushing towards reopening immediately.

It's impossible to armchair quarterback this, information is evolving daily. We'll only have the answers on who did right and wrong once we're past this

Last edited:
They are citing a health act. I havent read the act to see if that is kosher.

The Charter of Rights and Freedoms can only be overridden with the use of the Notwithstanding clause. Health acts and anything else done at the municipal/provincial level do not override the charter.

The people (and police forces) playing hot and fast with restricting peoples travel are going to be in a world of hurt when they decide to try it with the wrong person some day. I think this is why Ford was pretty frank about it today during his daily briefing, saying that more or less people are going to be allowed to use their cottages and travel without restriction. He's without doubt asked the professionals and the lawyers and been told exactly that - restrict the wrong person and the person/municipality/province/whatever is opening itself to a can of worms.

What they really need to do right now is start educating people. Something as simple as buying all the **** you're going to need for a weekend/week at your cottage at HOME and then bringing it with you solves 99% of the concerns of people travelling, same as how many of us who are actively riding right now are packing food and drinks. It's the stupid/ignorant/selfish people who need to become travelling disease vectors because they can't string 2 braincells together to understand that every time they travel and STOP somewhere they're potentially part of the issue.

What they really need to do right now is start educating people. Something as simple as buying all the **** you're going to need for a weekend/week at your cottage at HOME and then bringing it with you solves 99% of the concerns of people travelling, same as how many of us who are actively riding right now are packing food and drinks. It's the stupid/ignorant/selfish people who need to become travelling disease vectors because they can't string 2 braincells together to understand that every time they travel and STOP somewhere they're potentially part of the issue.
This is what we are doing whenever we need to leave the house...buy all the stuff we need at home grocery stores, or straight from home, and the only literal stop I've had beyond town is Tim's for a coffee (I know bleh) and gas. Outside of that no stopping.

We are considering going to the cottage for the long weekend, as this upcoming weekend is supposed to be cold, but will buy all our stuff ahead of time and not leave the cottage except for a walk to the beach. Outside of that, just to get the hell out of the house for more than a grocery store run.

Cottage country mayors are now putting out videos (they were just playing some of them on CP24) stating what should be the obvious:

- Bring what you need.
- Isolate at your own property once you get there.
- Don't forget that social distancing doesn't magically end in cottage country.
- It's not "business as usual" so don't get your panties in a twist because of such.

We are considering going to the cottage for the long weekend, as this upcoming weekend is supposed to be cold, but will buy all our stuff ahead of time and not leave the cottage except for a walk to the beach.

If everyone did exactly that this would be a very low risk situation for the entire country.

But sadly not everyone is as smart as you're being. Don't even get me started on the "this is all fake/overblown/just the flu" crowd.

If everyone did exactly that this would be a very low risk situation for the entire country.

But sadly not everyone is as smart as you're being. Don't even get me started on the "this is all fake/overblown/just the flu" crowd.
Thanks. I'm definitely guilty of not following all the rules, but we try to do the best we can with what we've got. And this seems like a good opportunity to GTFO town and just spend some time with the wife and kids.

These stupid guidelines vs laws are now simmering and about to boil over. Some municipalities are threatening to fine cottagers up to $5000 a day for showing up. Meanwhile Douggie is saying, they pay tax, I can't stop them, here they come. As I've always said, this should have been a clean "do what you want and stay six feet apart" or "stay at your principal residence and do nothing". This half-ass suggestion just causes half the people to do whatever they want and the other half to be angry at them.

An elderly neighbour's son winters in Florida and summers in a seasonal trailer park in eastern Ontario. Since it his only Canadian address the park has to open for him.

Elsewhere in Ontario a snowbird couple returning to their trailer for the summer was told they could isolate there for 14 days but then had to move out.

Confused yet?

What if they all acted on it earlier? Instead of trying to downplay it... would this huge mess be dealt with already with less damage to people and the economy?
Hindsight is 20-20 vision and nobody has it.
A huge number of people are down-playing it and that is dumb :| it's still killing people and not just the sick old ones.

... you know what people who do not go to a coffee shop on a regular day, think when they read about somebody going to a coffee shop during a pandemic :unsure:

Last edited:
IMG_20200203_150215.jpg

We have a cure folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom