Coronavirus | Page 130 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I think it is on it's way there maybe even by tomorrow, people are not being reasonable and compliant without a show of force so that is what we are going to get, it's almost inevitable.
I hope it doesn't get to that, but based on Douggies tone today, they modelling numbers tomorrow won't be pretty. Everyone get what you need tomorrow morning as the province may be a substantially different place in the afternoon.

The worst. Peel Public Health mailed letters telling 16 people they had tested negative to people that actually tested positive. WTF!!! First of all, you are mailing bleeping letters that take days to arrive with results? Secondly, those people were probably all stir crazy and ran out their front doors as soon as they got the news and infected hundreds more. I guess the only upside is PPH might have figured out the colossal f-up before the snail mail arrived.

Ouch...that's a bit of an oopsy.

As for me...had the test on Thursday last week...called yesterday...no test in the system....called today...no test in the system. Turns out that the tests didn't leave the hospital until Monday at some point in time, to be shipped to Vancouver...frankly the way it's going my quarantine may end before I get my results. But I haven't left these 4 walls.

I hope it doesn't get to that, but based on Douggies tone today, they modelling numbers tomorrow won't be pretty. Everyone get what you need tomorrow morning as the province may be a substantially different place in the afternoon.
I figure by the time I get home...Ontario will be a different place. I placed a big online order for HD for that gazebo, and hopefully it actually arrives. If not it's too bad but fully understandable.

Don't be so sure of that. Employers have the right to "temporary layoffs" up to 13 weeks in any 20 week period, or up to 35 weeks in any 52 week period. If an employee receives EI, the counter stops. If the employee receives legit company paid insurance benefits the counter stops.

The case noted in that article is unique -- the fellow laid off was off for more then the allowed 13 weeks AND he did not enroll for EI. Not many people are in a position to operate under those terms.

Most biz owners are pretty savvy when it comes to employment laws. If a laid off employee is coached by a lawyer and has deep enough pockets to survive without EI for 13 weeks, then gambles their employer won't call him back before the 13 week limit, he'll be pushing a string in court.

Can an employee be laid off temporarily or permanently without compensation?
No, a layoff is a constructive dismissal (unless the employment contract expressly permits a layoff or the employee has been laid off in the past). Put differently, unless the employee agrees to the layoff, the employer must provide severance. Even though the Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000 permits an employer to layoff an employee for up to 13 weeks without benefits and 35 weeks with benefits, the layoff is viewed as a constructive dismissal at common law.

Most biz owners probably aren't as savvy as they think they are when it comes to employment laws.

People are bored and their kids are driving them crazy. A lot of families are sharing toys by leaving them at the curbside and posting it up on Facebook with no fear whatsoever.
What part of STAY THE **** AT HOME don't you understand? It applies to your stuff too. Morons!

People are bored and their kids are driving them crazy. A lot of families are sharing toys by leaving them at the curbside and posting it up on Facebook with no fear whatsoever.
What part of STAY THE **** AT HOME don't you understand? It applies to your stuff too. Morons!
lol...

Well it's taken decades, but Patrick Brown finally did something that I don't hate. Hahaha. 100K fine. That should give people something to think about when they ignore this "conspiracy"

"20 people gathering for a backyard party last night in Brampton. Man in his 20's now facing a fine up to $100K after ignoring physical distancing requirements of public health. Mayor says this is "too serious for anyone to be reckless and foolish." "

"Is that understood? Dead. Instead of causing trouble, I will bury you."

Add the bat lickers and dog boilers to that list and I'm down with it.
Nice, bat licker. Gonna steal that one.

Well it's taken decades, but Patrick Brown finally did something that I don't hate. Hahaha. 100K fine. That should give people something to think about when they ignore this "conspiracy"

It's going before a JP to determine guilt/punishment. Probably be in the $1K range. They're not going to bankrupt an individual. Not yet, anyway. The penalties could ramp up to suit.

Politicians: FFS stop having your support staff standing behind you in a show of solidarity when you are addressing the country on public media. What is that a Trump administration directive?
Two cops walking shoulder to shoulder to enforce social distancing :/ are those cops married and living together? WTF!

He didn't force anyone to go to his house, they chose to go. That is no different than a bar being sued because some a--hat drivea drunk after being at the bar.

He didn't force anyone to go to his house, they chose to go. That is no different than a bar being sued because some a--hat drivea drunk after being at the bar.
You make it sound like he left the gate open and people just wandered in, is that how it really happened?

Huh?

People just show up and have a party in your back yard and you`re good with it? Damn, when this settles down i'm coming over to your place with a few buddies. I'll throw you a few bucks to clean up after me, thanks.

Expect a charter motion that will override these new laws/bylaws, thankfully it won't be heard until (hopefully) after this is all over.

You make it sound like he left the gate open and people just wandered in, is that how it really happened?
I'm with you. If he organized this, he deserves a punitive penalty. Everyone that attended should get at least 750 ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom