Coronavirus | Page 132 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year a new covid-20 comes out, more lethal than this years, except to the people that built up an immunity from this years infection. Just as possible as your scenario.

MERS and SARS are Covid viruses. You don't seem to grasp the reason why viruses mutate.

Really? The number of old people...sorry...seniors I see on a daily basis with kids is astounding. Also the number walking their dogs and shooting the shot with other seniors in parks. There are a lot of people that still have to work and have nowhere to put their kids, so to nona's house they go.
I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I am just saying that as far as I know, my personal friends and family have all avoided contact with those outside their house. Slightly more flexible with saying hi to neighbours at a distance, but a hard line around the elderly (>20', through a window/door or video calls).

With the price of houses in the city, a lot of seniors live with their kids and grandkids.

The government's role shouldn't be to control every movement of our lives. Provide accurate, unbiased information and let us use it. The country most affected by covid on a percentage basis is San Marino. A whopping 0.7% of the population has been infected. Shutting down entire countries because of a disease that almost exclusively affects a small range of population is ludicrous. If you're 65+ or have some preexisting lung condition or are immunocompromised, then you should choose to stay at home of your own volition. If you don't, well, that's Darwinism. But shutting down parks where kids play that are virtually unaffected by it makes no sense.

The problem right now is not old people dying.

The problem is that there are strains on the healthcare system that can't handle the number of cases all at once. Okay, so a 45-year old doesn't die of the disease, but he has severe respiratory problems and takes up a bed and a respirator in a hospital.

This uses up resources that would otherwise go towards tending a car accident victim. A burn victim. Blunt force trauma victim from slips and falls. Gunshot wounds.

The whole idea of shutting down parks and businesses is to slow the spread of the disease. It's called "flattening the curve" of incidences so our healthcare system can manage.

This is not an "old person" problem. It's an "access to healthcare for everyone" problem.

That is 100% wrong.

Contagiousness is measured by R-0, the number of people you are likely to infect if you have a disease. These are the numbers:

-1x-1.png

COVID-19 is twice as transmissible than the seasonal flu.
My appologies, you are correct. I looked it up a couple of weeks ago and swear what I read was that the flu was more transmissible.

With the price of houses in the city, a lot of seniors live with their kids and grandkids.
That situation would terrify me. My wife has to go to work every day in a hospital with Covid patients. If my parents or in-laws lived with us, we would be sending them somewhere until an effective treatment or vaccine is available. Most of them have a low chance of surviving Covid with the health care situation right now.

My extended family deals with it. Four kids living with Mom and Dad upstairs. Grandma lives in the basement apartment. She came back from Florida 2 weeks ago.
Vapor barrier and duct tape!

My appologies, you are correct. I looked it up a couple of weeks ago and swear what I read was that the flu was more transmissible.
Maybe a few weeks ago it was, it's a very fluid situation.

My extended family deals with it. Four kids living with Mom and Dad upstairs. Grandma lives in the basement apartment. She came back from Florida 2 weeks ago.
Vapor barrier and duct tape!
If I had two living units, I would be ok with it. The only common would be the furnace and I am not concerned about droplets making it through the filter. Just pretend they are still in florida and continue with the skype calls.

The reason why everyone is taking this so seriously over the seasonal flu is because it's more contagious and the mortality rate is higher.

-1x-1.png

Also, there is no vaccine, and no herd immunity in place yet because it's a new virus, hence the term "novel" coranavirus.

The reason why everyone is taking this so seriously over the seasonal flu is because it's more contagious and the mortality rate is higher.

-1x-1.png

Also, there is no vaccine, and no herd immunity in place yet because it's a new virus, hence the term "novel" coranavirus.
And the mortality rate in certain segments of the population is pretty horrendous. Pineview is up to 25% of the residents dead.

The problem right now is not old people dying.

The problem is that there are strains on the healthcare system that can't handle the number of cases all at once. Okay, so a 45-year old doesn't die of the disease, but he has severe respiratory problems and takes up a bed and a respirator in a hospital.

This uses up resources that would otherwise go towards tending a car accident victim. A burn victim. Blunt force trauma victim from slips and falls. Gunshot wounds.

The whole idea of shutting down parks and businesses is to slow the spread of the disease. It's called "flattening the curve" of incidences so our healthcare system can manage.

This is not an "old person" problem. It's an "access to healthcare for everyone" problem.
If you look at the stats, it is an old person problem. They are the ones that are getting the most infections, and ending up in the hospitals with the severest cases. If the gov't is to intervene, then put them on house arrest, they'd probably be safer that way. Not to mention, they have nothing better to do, they're retired. Not allowing a pb&j sandwich at school because a very small percentage of kids has an allergy to peanuts is ridiculous.
Another sad fact is I can guarantee depression and suicide rates are going to skyrocket because of this financial shutdown. A vast majority of people here are paycheck to paycheck, losing their houses and cars isn't going to do them any good.

As expected, Trumpy just cut off a supply of masks.

"U.S.-based company 3M said Friday that it can no longer supply N95 respirators to Canada amid the coronavirus pandemic.

U.S. President Donald Trump has ordered Minnesota-based company to produce and sell as many medical-grade masks as the Federal Emergency Management Agency says it needs. He invoked the Defence Production Act in order to speed up the distribution of masks."

What you say is true, but, coming in contact with an infected person once a week does not guarantee that you will get infected. Coronavirus is leas transmissible than the flu. Not to mention, food can be dropped at the door in a bag, senior puts on gloves to get the bag, then toss gloves and bag. However, I'd like to know how many older people are still seeing their grandkids on the regular. Kids are more likely to be carriers because they touch everything, and the grandparent will definitely be in more contact with a grandkid for longer periods of time than a stranger dropping off groceries.

it’s more transmissible than the flu, asymptomatic people can infect which means in many cases you simply do not know who is a carrier, it affects people with underlying health conditions....do you have a NASA grade health check under your belt that means you’re absolutely sure you don’t have any issues? Children can be carriers..you’d be ok with your kids infecting your mum or dad leading to their death? The respiratory disease that some people experience doesn’t respond to drugs.

This is why the virus keeps infecting....lack of education.

If you look at the stats, it is an old person problem. They are the ones that are getting the most infections, and ending up in the hospitals with the severest cases. If the gov't is to intervene, then put them on house arrest, they'd probably be safer that way. Not to mention, they have nothing better to do, they're retired. Not allowing a pb&j sandwich at school because a very small percentage of kids has an allergy to peanuts is ridiculous.
Another sad fact is I can guarantee depression and suicide rates are going to skyrocket because of this financial shutdown. A vast majority of people here are paycheck to paycheck, losing their houses and cars isn't going to do them any good.

The thing about stats and percentages is that if you multiply that by a large enough population, enough people under 65 and with co-morbidities like asthma or other respiratory ailments, will eventually take up all the space in hospitals.

It is not just an old person thing.

What are the odds its a bioweapon developed in a lab in wuhan?

What are the odds its a bioweapon developed in a lab in wuhan?

There would likely be evidence of that from the genetic sequence of the virus that’s been performed. There will be snippets of code from whatever the virus passed through on its way to humans. If it’s a bio weapon that was purposefully released it’s a ****** one...it’s affecting everyone everywhere.

The geneticists say otherwise. It also fails the common-sense test: A weapon that is indiscriminate in who it affects isn't a very useful one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom