Coronavirus | Page 106 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pusateris got a blunt reaming over sanitation supplies pricing. I wonder if it was old stock from a couple of years back when they didn't bother with cleaning and got shut down by the health department.
About 8 years ago I was looking for a more challenging and stimulating job. At the time I was making around $50k/yr as a gardener. I was told to apply to Pusateri's since they were looking for a manager of the floral shop on Avenue Rd. I was a little leery of this because they had gone through a few floral managers in the past couple years. I would be responsible for all the planning, procurement, staffing, be the lead horticultural designer and dealing with all the customer issues. They didn't have the rate of pay listed in the job posting. I applied because I was well qualified for it and they did an initial phone interview with me which went really well. It would have worked out to around 50-60/hrs week, which I was fine with. At the end of phone interview, they gave me a verbal offer of $36k/yr - no incentives and very limited benefits.

I told them that 8 years prior, I was cutting grass for a living, with zero experience for the same rate of pay. A few weeks later they got shut down due to health violations. They hired someone else who left shortly after.

Not only do they rip their staff off, but also the customer it seems.

About 8 years ago I was looking for a more challenging and stimulating job. At the time I was making around $50k/yr as a gardener. I was told to apply to Pusateri's since they were looking for a manager of the floral shop on Avenue Rd. I was a little leery of this because they had gone through a few floral managers in the past couple years. I would be responsible for all the planning, procurement, staffing, be the lead horticultural designer and dealing with all the customer issues. They didn't have the rate of pay listed in the job posting. I applied because I was well qualified for it and they did an initial phone interview with me which went really well. It would have worked out to around 50-60/hrs week, which I was fine with. At the end of phone interview, they gave me a verbal offer of $36k/yr - no incentives and very limited benefits.

I told them that 8 years prior, I was cutting grass for a living, with zero experience for the same rate of pay. A few weeks later they got shut down due to health violations. They hired someone else who left shortly after.

Not only do they rip their staff off, but also the customer it seems.

Indeed,
turnover is a very good litmus test of a company.

:unsure: Seems to have a real hangup with skin colour and chooses to believe that meat never had eyes.

I made the same comparison with ignorance across any "race" with Europeans, Australians, and Russians being tossed in as "whites."

I made the same comparison with ignorance across any "race" with Europeans, Australians, and Russians being tossed in as "whites."
You said it again ! :LOL:
What should I call you other then a human being?

I didnt realize the italy disaster was so much like the US. One region hammered and most of the country not bad yet but quickly going that way.

Hopefully some of our citizens and politicians can start learning from the tragedies of others instead of needing a personal loss to get to grips with the situation.

From now on, any politician that announces they will be increasing lockdown measures in the future goes on my $%%$list and never gets my vote again. Articles like below just reinforce my belief that if they are locking something down, it has to be effective as of the time they open their mouth, not midnight tomorrow like they have been doing here.

"Here in Sicily, the understanding of the emergency came later," says graphic novelist and journalist Marco Rizzo of Trapani. He cites the outbreak in the nearby town of Salemi after 100 or so people disobeyed national directives and came together to celebrate someone's 18th birthday.

At least 15 people caught the virus and the grandfather of the 18-year-old has died.

You said it again ! :LOL:
What should I call you other then a human being?

I'd be ching chong, chink, gook, or jap if you think white is a racist term lol

Having lived for years in Asia and being "white" and male it was always assumed that I could not tell the difference between asians and that I was naturally a racist.

All these assumptions by people who were on their own biased and discriminatory in their views and inabilities far beyond any that I possessed.

You know what's funny, white, black, brown are not really used as derogatory descriptions.

Describing Asians as yellow and native American as red are considered derogatory.

Anyways, people are people. Humans use certain acceptable adjectives to describe what they may look like.

This thread is about what's going on with the virus and how it's affecting our lives, sharing information on the subject.

just an amazing website, Worldomerers
mentioned a few times in this thread

home page has a live updated running list of all kinds of things
for instance it looks like one new obese person
is created at about the same rate as a fetus is aborted
one per second
smoking deaths are ticking about half that rate

Having lived for years in Asia and being "white" and male it was always assumed that I could not tell the difference between asians and that I was naturally a racist.

All these assumptions by people who were on their own biased and discriminatory in their views and inabilities far beyond any that I possessed.

Im aware of racism in Asia. But how does that make me racist?

Seems I struck a nerve with many by using a term that isn't actually racist? Somebody explain so I don't **** myself irl lol I never had issues with these kind of discussions in an educational setting.

Seems I struck a nerve with many by using a term that isn't actually racist? Somebody explain so I don't **** myself irl lol I never had issues with these kind of discussions in an educational setting.

Lol

You may not believe you are racist, and I’m not saying that you are. However, you seem to be very racially focused in your views and opinions.

“All I can see is the unnecessary racism effect”. (Your words)

It’s about accountability...not race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another brilliant announcement by chief dumb dumb. Is there anybody travelling by train right now that is essential? Shut down recreational travel for the love of god. There is no upside.

Symptomatic is a terribly low bar for determining whether you are safe to travel. That misses both the days you are asymptomatic but contagious, the people that are asymptomatic throughout and the people that lie because they believe their trip is more important than others lives.

Another brilliant announcement by chief dumb dumb. Is there anybody travelling by train right now that is essential? Shut down recreational travel for the love of god. There is no upside.

Symptomatic is a terribly low bar for determining whether you are safe to travel. That misses both the days you are asymptomatic but contagious, the people that are asymptomatic throughout and the people that lie because they believe their trip is more important than others lives.

Some scientists are still travelling to do research. Healthcare workers may be returning still. Regardless, the public advice is necessary.

You may not believe you are racist, and I’m not saying that you are. However, you seem to be very racially focused in your views and opinions.

“All I can see is the unnecessary racism effect”. (Your words)

It’s about accountability...not race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand you (and many others) want the ones accountable to take responsibility. I already stated why that likely won't happen and instead we only get racism as a result.

Truth be told I have a racial focus because I'm not white and was subjected to an ass ton of racism growing up; I do not want the same to repeat to others.

Oh, apparently Hong Kong is going into lockdown despite being far ahead of other places. It's apparently illegal to have more than 2 ppl in an elevator.

Buddy is picking up a Switch for this reason.

Canada needs to step up.

You still don't get it,
if I met you I would not give 1 $%^& what you look like.
You could have a thick black coat of hair all over your entire body for all I care.

Regions that have more-or-less dealt with this (includes Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, China??) still have to remain extremely viligant with respect to people coming in from elsewhere. Beating this at an early stage (through extreme testing, segregation, etc) still leaves a population without natural immunity and therefore vulnerable. This vigilance has to remain until this virus is beaten back everywhere.

I might have to take up video-gaming to pass the time.

Not sure which one to get: Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo? It's been over a decade since I owned a console.
Paint!
Maybe you can sell the paintings if you are any good ;) are you any good?
Charcoal sketch if you don't have paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom