Coronavirus | Page 107 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Build something!

About 8 years ago I was looking for a more challenging and stimulating job. At the time I was making around $50k/yr as a gardener. I was told to apply to Pusateri's since they were looking for a manager of the floral shop on Avenue Rd. I was a little leery of this because they had gone through a few floral managers in the past couple years. I would be responsible for all the planning, procurement, staffing, be the lead horticultural designer and dealing with all the customer issues. They didn't have the rate of pay listed in the job posting. I applied because I was well qualified for it and they did an initial phone interview with me which went really well. It would have worked out to around 50-60/hrs week, which I was fine with. At the end of phone interview, they gave me a verbal offer of $36k/yr - no incentives and very limited benefits.

I told them that 8 years prior, I was cutting grass for a living, with zero experience for the same rate of pay. A few weeks later they got shut down due to health violations. They hired someone else who left shortly after.

Not only do they rip their staff off, but also the customer it seems.

Name change to Puss-ateri's?

Some scientists are still travelling to do research. Healthcare workers may be returning still. Regardless, the public advice is necessary.
Again, he screwed up and it doesn't take effect until Monday. Will he ever grow some stones? At this point, symptoms should equal hard isolation until a test or 14 days says otherwise. Climbing into a public tube while symptomatic is just inexcusable.

I might have to take up video-gaming to pass the time.

Not sure which one to get: Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo? It's been over a decade since I owned a console.

what did you decide on? I still have 2 PS3s and a backlog of games to play. The switch looks interesting.

what did you decide on? I still have 2 PS3s and a backlog of games to play. The switch looks interesting.

All the next gen consoles are coming out this Xmas. Kinda don't want to buy something that will be out of date in 8 months.

But then again... 8 months is a looooong time if this virus thing doesn't get resolved.

Leaning towards VR rigs. Maybe a souped up computer with Oculus Rift.

All the next gen consoles are coming out this Xmas. Kinda don't want to buy something that will be out of date in 8 months.

But then again... 8 months is a looooong time if this virus thing doesn't get resolved.

Leaning towards VR rigs. Maybe a souped up computer with Oculus Rift.
PS3 is still awesome (as long as you want to play by yourself and aren't counting on a thriving online community). You should be able to pick up a PS3 and an armful of games for not much money.

I would be trying to avoid buying a new current gen console right now. The price should drop a lot on them at xmas.

I have a wii stuck at the cottage. Ok, but not as good as PS3.

Friends have a switch. Meh. I don't really like it. It has its purpose. Mainly for games that kids want that are not available on other platforms.

All consoles are dirt cheap compared to a gaming PC (especially if you want a PC for VR). I have no idea how the console VR stacks up. The concept interests me, but I don't think they are ready for primetime yet.

PS3 is still awesome (as long as you want to play by yourself and aren't counting on a thriving online community). You should be able to pick up a PS3 and an armful of games for not much money.

I would be trying to avoid buying a new current gen console right now. The price should drop a lot on them at xmas.

I have a wii stuck at the cottage. Ok, but not as good as PS3.

Friends have a switch. Meh. I don't really like it. It has its purpose. Mainly for games that kids want that are not available on other platforms.

All consoles are dirt cheap compared to a gaming PC (especially if you want a PC for VR). I have no idea how the console VR stacks up. The concept interests me, but I don't think they are ready for primetime yet.

At the least, the research should keep me busy for... an hour or two...

eeRCjj7.jpg
Mmm. That sounds better than the cow poo idea that tried to accomplish the same thing.

just for chits and giggles
had a look at death rate for countries with a similar pop to Canada
30 mill to 40 mill

deaths in red, we got some work to do

Ha5LFD1.jpg

That's not really a reliable indicator. Minor differences in who happened to be infected and traveled where and when, and what they did when they entered the country, make a huge difference in what stage the infection is at. Italy got screwed because an infected tourist from China visited the country before anyone knew what coronavirus was. A lot of those other countries don't have much tourism (who visits Uzbekistan?), and a lot of them have dubious medical systems (Testing for coronavirus? What's that? Oh, look, someone over there just died from "natural causes". Oh well.)

I might have to take up video-gaming to pass the time.

Not sure which one to get: Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo? It's been over a decade since I owned a console.

Switch imo

Portability, library of games equal to the other 2, and actual exclusives (Mario, Smash Bros, Tetris 99, and many others.)

....also it's far easier to hack than the other 2 ($50 device lets you play downloaded Switch games from the MicroSD). Even tho I don't promote piracy cause I'm a dev, it's worth mentioning.

The PS5 and XBoneWhatever is around the corner (q4 2020 or Q1 2021) so if you want the newest and greatest, getting either now may not be in your interest.

A huge con to Switch however is it doesn't get all popular fps games like Call of Duty. So if you enjoy teabagging your opponents like the old days in Halo, look at PC, XBox, or PlayStation.

explain Poland
Timing of when they got the first 100 cases matters a lot. It is hard to do a comparison looking at a calendar day. Try to look at days since 100 cases for a more reliable descriptor of how a country is doing. Still not reliable due to many factors (lack of testing, did it tear through some nursing homes, etc) but better than a calendar day.

EDIT:
In this case, poland got 100 cases Mar 14, Canada Mar 18, so that doesn't look great for Canada. Again though, most of this is based on pretty terrible data. Look at the number of suspected positives amongst GTAM members and afaik, none have had a positive test yet and only one has actually been tested.

This virus is bad for the economy and people but it's great for the politcians

I hate to say it but this virus has been great for me lol

Stocks have dropped like crazy, so I'm just buying a bit everyday to retire earlier.

Working from home is great because the ppl who ask stupid questions don't know how to ask me via chat.

And while I normally game with 2 other, that group is now at 8 with friends that we haven't gamed with in years!

Tho I'm aware I may be in the minority that's benefitting from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom