Coronavirus | Page 94 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if is true or not, but Douggie called out Pusateri's for selling Lysol wipes for $30 a tube.

Woman went in to a corner store in the Falls reselling PC 9 pack of double roll toilet paper for $20.99. Complained and threatened to report them. Husband went in the store to get a pic and they had reduced it to $14.99.

49701256408_146b152ce5_b.jpg

Okay, I stand corrected.

Now tell me, how are you going to get China to assist in doing whatever you think it should do because the Chinese ****** up first?
1) Make them fix the wet market thing. We can send them FDA standards for markets operations, inspections and livestock handling.
2) We can make them install multinational surveillance teams to make sure they stay in compliance with those rules and the WHO rules on disease reporting.

We do this with other countries that have posed repeated threats. Iran and their Nuclear research comes to mind. Once they get their act together we pull out.

March 26

COVID-19 patients average time on ventilator: 11 - 21 days (vs. 3 - 4 days for non-COVID-19 patients). "We have patients that have been 20 days 30 days on a ventilator. The longer you are on a ventilator, the more likely you are not going get off a ventilator"

- New York is testing more per capita than South Korea

March 24
  • Peak number of cases is still 2 to 3 weeks away in New York
  • "We've procured about 7,000 ventilators. We need, as a minimum, other 30,000 ventilators. This is a critical and desperate need for ventilators [..] We need them in 14 days. Fema is sending 400 ventilators only. Federal action is needed to address this now through the Federal Defense Production Act"

Woman went in to a corner store in the Falls reselling PC 9 pack of double roll toilet paper for $20.99. Complained and threatened to report them. Husband went in the store to get a pic and they had reduced it to $14.99.

49701256408_146b152ce5_b.jpg
I'm slightly conflicted about places like that. I think Wingboy paid $10 for a 6 pack busted out of a costco 30 pack. While I don't think they should be increasing prices so much, a convenience store is never the place to go to buy affordable toilet paper. They are probably buying it at retail prices and then need their markup.

They are probably buying it at retail prices and then need their markup.

Not a chance. They bulk buy to the store maximum when stuff is on sale. And the retail on that TP at No Frills last Thursday was $6. I know because I needed TP an had to break my No cheap booze, coffee, or TP rule and buy some.

I don't know if is true or not, but Douggie called out Pusateri's for selling Lysol wipes for $30 a tube. If true, I am sure they will have an excuse about supply being limited and trying to serve their customers, but it will be hard to stay of the &%&% list on the back side of this.

As a side note, who knew the cupboard full of cleaning supplies would so rapidly become more valuable than the cupboard full of narcotics?

You serve your customers by limiting not gouging.

Oh dear god. I can only hope the politicians are too busy to go about their normal bleeding heart routine.

Fake quotes:
"What should be do in a pandemic?"
"I have a great idea, let's release most of our prisoners. We'll start with the youth, asylum seekers and immigrants! They all have safe places to go and self-isolate and easy access to money which is good because unemployment is soaring."

Real quote:
“The fact that the major of federal and provincial governments have not communicated a comprehensive pandemic de-incarceration plan for Indigenous people is completely irresponsible,”

Frig me.

Well that wasn’t social distancing
Sorry, I deleted it. The more I watched it, the more I realized it was probably not a covid thing, it was probably just a normal obstinate bad guy and the police were in no mood.

Emergency Act is a pretty big hammer, I get why they are reluctant to do it. It, in itself, the resulting powers are about way more (way bigger) than just restricting movement.

Just imagine the cries from the cons about him trying to seize power...see he is just like his father...

Trades are still called to work like nothing is happening :(

Nurses at east york general hospital receive two level 1 surgical masks per shift, irrelevant of exposure. How long will it take for production to catch up to demand?

Mastectomies being cancelled in people with active cancer. Many transplants cancelled. Chemo patients with any possible symptoms being turned away (guess what chemo causes, pretty much every damn symptom known to man). Palliative chemo patients have gone home to die as what is the point on improving quality of life if you are locked at home for the remainder of it anyway? The effect on the healthcare system is huge and to date little of that is directly due to Covid.

With all the light traffic and minimal interference from the public, I wonder if any of these construction projects will get completed sooner then normal.....Nah... what I am I thinking... :rolleyes:

Nurses at east york general hospital receive two level 1 surgical masks per shift, irrelevant of exposure. How long will it take for production to catch up to demand?
Well with most manufacturing been run out of Ontario, who can make them locally/nationally?

I'm very disappointed with our Gov, they should have seen this coming it's not like the were not warned, and ramped up supplies like these to prepare ahead of time. Instead of trying to play catch up. ?‍♂️

Well with most manufacturing been run out of Ontario, who can make them locally/nationally?

I'm very disappointed with our Gov, they should have seen this coming it's not like the were not warned, and ramped up supplies like these to prepare ahead of time. Instead of trying to play catch up. ?‍♂️
JT shipped 16 tons of masks to China in february. Not only did they not ramp up, they actively depleted our stocks.

"February 9, 2020 - Ottawa, Ontario - Global Affairs Canada "
"To support China’s ongoing response to the outbreak, Canada has deployed approximately 16 tonnes of personal protective equipment, such as clothing, face shields, masks, goggles and gloves to the country since February 4, 2020. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom