Coronavirus | Page 96 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the needed isolation but why don't you get regular checkups? A friend also avoided checkups. When he fainted and was taken to hospital they found colon cancer. Fortunately he survived. Some don't. Chronic leukemia is another one. It can take a long time before it takes you out but if you know your numbers (White blood count) they can manage the situation. Prostate cancer ditto. All OHIP covered except the PSA test for the prostate ($35 I think).
Don’t feel sorry about the isolation, I’ve used the time to learn how to make one hell of a Manhatten.On a more serious note, I had a friend that passed away years ago from kidney failure from a prescription he had taken years before as a child.That always left an impression on me. Later in life I had met countless people that had been misdiagnosed or given a prescription with adverse effect.Every medication has some kind of side effect, don’t ever doubt that.My mother was prescribed Thalidomyde when she was carrying my older brother, thankfully he was born relatively normal.How many times have you taken your bike or car to a mechanic and he has misdiagnosed the problem and didn’t fix it or made it worse.?Doctors do that all the time.Had another friend that almost died during a routine colonoscopy when they tore open his colon.Dont want to go off on a rant but my rule of thumb is that if I feel good I stay away from the Doctors office.

Last edited:
Don’t feel sorry about the isolation, I’ve used the time to learn how to make one hell of a Manhatten.On a more serious note, I had a friend that passed away years ago from kidney failure from a prescription he had taken years before as a child.That always left an impression on me. Later in life I had met countless people that had been misdiagnosed or given a prescription with adverse effect.Every medication has some kind of side effect, don’t ever doubt that.My mother was prescribed Thalidomyde when she was carrying my older brother, thankfully he was born relatively normal.How many times have you taken your bike or car to a mechanic and he has misdiagnosed the problem and didn’t fix it or not made it worse.?Doctors do that all the time.Had another friend that almost died during a routine colonoscopy when they tore open his colon.Dont want to go off on a rant but my rule of thumb is that if I feel good I stay away from the Doctors office.
Good post.My wife has 50% of her kidney function from taking too much advil coping with her bad sinuses.It was found in a routine annual exam.

Spike in crime rate during a pandemic? Tons more people on the streets with nowhere to go?
Trump as president :unsure: Wasn't that the Bad scenario scene in that back to the future movie?

US just surpassed China in number of cases.

I think the way the calculate mortality rate is somewhat misleading. They look at number of cases and how many recovered. If you look at the Case Fatality Rate = deaths / (deaths + recovered) worldwide is is 16%, but excluding china it's 29.5%. US it's brutal with death rate at 85%. Italy 44%. Canada looking good at 14% but it's early. China 4.2%. As time passes do more people recover and brings the mortality rate down or china is bullshitting? I realize this formula is not perfect, but it's way higher than the WHO estimated 3.4%, which got increased from the initial 2%. The initial SARS WHO estimate was 4%, but it ended up being 9.6%.

Google the definition for scapegoat.

I never said China isn't ****** up. I don't like China. I'm also not expecting China to save our ***** because I see the China as a country that will backstab at any opportunity (...like every other country actually lol.) I expect our ******* governments to do a better job than the Chinese though.

That's why blame is important. Just look at the chronology of events:

1) A Chinese doctor warns of group of patients getting severely sick in Wuhan from a mysterious and deadly virus. He tries to warn authorities, the chinese public, and the world. He is arrested, jailed and forced to sign a false confession that he was just scaring everyone.

2) The virus rapidly becomes an localized epidemic but...international flights into and out of the region continue.
3) The situation becomes dire. Wuhan is shut down. World media now pays attention. Foreign nationals start bugging out, but the smart ones have already left and are spreading the virus around the world.
4) World governments are warned that they should be screening passengers and limiting flights. The pleas fall on deaf ears under the excuse that the WHO has not investigated.
5) WHO patsies investigate, but are so scared of offending China all they offer is praise for the way the communists are handling an "epidemic" that is not a "pandemic".
6) By the time WHO investigates Wuhan, "Corona" virus is a worldwide pandemic and it's laughing at the experts. Politicians and the world are still in denial.
7) Trudeau sends tons of medical equipment to help China, ignoring please that he should end all flights to that country.
8) Trump ends all flights to China. The world media howls at the shame of it. China is angry about it.
9) Corona is renamed "Covid-19" by WHO, a shameless and cowardly attempt to avoid any allusion to its origins - Wuhan, China.
10) Cases of Wuhan-corona are appearing in Iran, Italy and all over Europe. The world shrugs.
11) A case is identified in Vancouver, then Toronto, then Montreal - all returning travelers from...China.
12) "Covid-19" goes supernova in Italy. Turns out its all over Europe.
13) The stock market crashes. World economy in turmoil.
14) Turdo refuses to take action. Institutes mild questionnaire at border for returning travelers.
15) Trump ends flights to Europe. Europe howls, laughably insulted that it "wasn't informed".
16) Trudeau's wife diagnosed with Covid-19. The idiot finally understands and follows Trump's lead ending European flights.

This whole fiasco should end with the FIRING of about 10 western governments whose leaders were too STUPID to act in any timely fashion. Experts have been warning about this possibility for years. We had SARS and a million masks to prove it. What an inexcusable mess. Blame, blame blame, they're ALL going to wear it because the deserve to.

US just surpassed China in number of cases.

I think the way the calculate mortality rate is somewhat misleading. They look at number of cases and how many recovered. If you look at the Case Fatality Rate = deaths / (deaths + recovered) worldwide is is 16%, but excluding china it's 29.5%. US it's brutal with death rate at 85%. Italy 44%. Canada looking good at 14% but it's early. China 4.2%. As time passes do more people recover and brings the mortality rate down or china is bullshitting? I realize this formula is not perfect, but it's way higher than the WHO estimated 3.4%, which got increased from the initial 2%. The initial SARS WHO estimate was 4%, but it ended up being 9.6%.
Stats are almost useless in most of the world. Most of the mild cases are not being tested which would bring the mortality rate way down. I think you are getting such high numbers as your divisor is not nearly large enough (stats underestimate resolved by an order of magnitude or more).

The definition of resolved is changing with time (and probably by country). Countries are so overrun with active cases, they are not going back to follow up with ones that may be resolved. They will probably followup when the crisis is ended and see who is still alive.

tuned into a WH youtube channel that shows the daily briefing from the Orange One
either Trumpie was late or they started early, because the POTUS TV crew was still there

in the press briefing room taking sound levels, adjusting lights, setting up mics etc.
zero observable effort at safe distance, rubbing shoulders, passing stuff back and forth
one of them had their kid in the room

at one point a fat dude with repair man's crack appeared with a ladder and started working
directly over the podium where POTUS will speak, 2 other workers directly under him
and was hacking his guts out

we need to keep the borders closed from those dumbasses

Don’t feel sorry about the isolation, I’ve used the time to learn how to make one hell of a Manhatten.On a more serious note, I had a friend that passed away years ago from kidney failure from a prescription he had taken years before as a child.That always left an impression on me. Later in life I had met countless people that had been misdiagnosed or given a prescription with adverse effect.Every medication has some kind of side effect, don’t ever doubt that.My mother was prescribed Thalidomyde when she was carrying my older brother, thankfully he was born relatively normal.How many times have you taken your bike or car to a mechanic and he has misdiagnosed the problem and didn’t fix it or made it worse.?Doctors do that all the time.Had another friend that almost died during a routine colonoscopy when they tore open his colon.Dont want to go off on a rant but my rule of thumb is that if I feel good I stay away from the Doctors office.

Sorry you've had such bad luck with MD's. I see little risk in blood tests but I avoid pills as much as possible. Kidney damage is a big side effect in all to many. The colon cancer test is pooping on a Popsicle stick and mailing it in. Blood tests pick up a number of conditions at little risk, My friend was lucky and didn't end up wearing a bag strapped to his leg. My brother ignored symptoms (Long story) until he started slurring words. Lung cancer (Non smoker) had spread to his brain and he was gone in five weeks.

China has visibly stopped reporting their numbers, but yeah, the US situation is dire. There's no way life will go back to normal anywhere in the US by Easter.

China has visibly stopped reporting their numbers, but yeah, the US situation is dire. There's no way life will go back to normal anywhere in the US by Easter.
New york should peak around easter. The rest of the country is ~3 weeks behind. Hopefully NY is terrifying enough that the rest make some smart choices so we don't see the horror repeat 50 times in a row.

My buddy in NYC thinks he has it. Fever and somewhat difficulty in breathing. All he can do is wait it out hoping it doesn't get worse. He can't get testing done currently, same as here.

From what he tells me, there's still tons of people going outside, not distancing from each other.

This is very bad when it hits a nursing home. Pinecrest in Haliburton has it. They have 60 beds. So far half the staff have tested postive, half are waiting for results. More than half the residents have symptoms. Three have died. They aren't testing them as they die so I'm not sure if they will ever show up in official stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom