Coronavirus | Page 92 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 42329

Came across this photo I snapped at a doctors office in early January this year. At the time I thought it was funny as it reminded me of the game "Plague, Inc" that I used to play and I'm sure some here will know.

I'm gonna play it later and make a virus called COVID-19 because you mentioned this lol

Except blame can be shared on literally everyone. Italy's government was ****. Our government is actually ****. US is also ****. And instead of minimizing the impact on the respective countries, they spent most of their time laughing at people wearing masks and blaming China. And now we get more racism.

**** like this happens in every country. Everybody needs a scapegoat because we're pieces of ****. Instead of focusing on the scapegoat, how about we focus on fixing the problem first and then how to prevent it?

I mean Taiwan, and Hong Kong as a nation hate Chinese more than Canada or the US does. I'm sure they've already taken their stab at China. But look at their #s compared to the US and Canada. If we want to play the blame game for accountability, do it AFTER we've flattened the curve locally.

Frankly I don't blame China. I blame Canada because **** happens, we need to respond to it, and we failed.
We're not talking about scapegoating anyone, the issue is one of accountability. Lets look at another world disaster that caused a lot of grief because a country had lackluster practices and controls: Chernobyl. Do you think we should call that event something like NUC-DIS-86? Do we hold the USSR accountable for that and put controls in place so it never happens again -- or -- do we just perfect containing the damage when radioactive waste falls on our soil?

Lets be clear... Italy, Canada, the USA (and everywhere else) would not have this problem if the conditions that generated the virus were fixed AND the Chinese gov't focused on containment instead of coverup. That happened in China, not once but 4 times in the last 75 years: Asian Flu H2N2 (2million deaths), HK Flu (1million deaths), SARS-COV (800 deaths), COVID19 (who knows what the death count will be).

The prevailing view is had China’s leaders taken decisive action immediately and transparently, the current pandemic could have been avoided. The Chinese gov't is challenging that with propaganda now, trying to tags and demonize other countries as inept at handling their viral exports.

Call the virus what you want -- nobody will forget where it came from and who was responsible for uncapping a deadly pandemic.

let's do a wee bit of math and assuming a doubling rate of once every 3 days, 10 times every week.
1 - First person infected third week of November 2019 - no symptoms yet
2 - 10 people infected last week of November 2019 - first person from line 1 might show mild symptoms but there's evidently only a 1 in 10 chance that they showed symptoms at all, so highly likely no one would have known at this point.
3 - 100 people infected first week of December 2019 - at this point it's likely that 1 of the 10 people from last week might show symptoms (and this coincides pretty well with the first symptomatic person being reported). One person sick doesn't attract international attention. And it shouldn't have, and couldn't have.
4 - 1000 people infected second week of December 2019 - but you'll only know about last week's 100, of which only week 2's 10 are serious
5 - 10,000 people infected third week of December 2019 - only last week's 1000 are symptomatic, maybe 100 serious, it's possible that one of those may die (agrees with reported timeline) - It's highly likely at this point that somewhere in week 4 or 5 it will get to international travellers.
6 - 100,000 people infected last week of December 2019 and now it will be pretty apparent that there's a big problem ... and it was reported to the WHO ... and Chinese scientists started working on tracing the DNA.

With regards to week 4 ... No one is going to report 10 cases of pneumonia to the WHO. If they all happened in the same area, you "might" get someone thinking "hmmm, that's a little unusual".

Remember that in November-December 2019, no one knew the severity of this bug. No one knew much of anything about it back then.

Would they get the point if we threw shovels of manure at them?
No. Although you do bring up an interesting strategy. Ban them from Ontario if caught. Obviously not easily enforced on the way south, but you could turn them around if they tried to cross into Ontario on the way back. A lifetime of detours would help them to remember they aren't more important than everybody else.

I am. They had a chance at stopping this ****, and ****** around before their major clampdown.
WHO also shares some of that blame. They weren't forceful enough in their warnings, and now they 'did everything we could'. But that's also to be put on governments around the world that didn't listen.

Lots of blame to go around, but the next few weeks are critical if we want to get this thing under control.

A generation ago WE isolated China because they were Commies. Because it was profitable for western companies to move there the bamboo curtain was dropped. The western companies didn't want to lose the profit advantage so human rights, pollution, toxins, ethics were ignored. If you get VD from a hooker it's not all her fault.

Last edited:
We're not talking about scapegoating anyone, the issue is one of accountability.

You are literally trying to scapegoat without realizing lol

It's okay, everyone's a piece of **** so I get it =P

Chernobyl did not have a world wide nuclear fallout btw so only the Russian government was responsible for their own ****.

I'm honestly not sure if the US and Canadian government is worse or better than China with how we're handling COVID-19. I do think we are significantly worse than Taiwan, HK, and Singapore.

A generation ago WE isolated China because they were Commies. Because it was profitable for western companies to move there the bamboo curtain was dropped. The western companies didn't want to lose the profit advantage so human rights, pollution, toxins were ignored. If you get VD from a hooker it's not all her fault.
I agree. And I also think that this could have been contained had governments around the world taken it more seriously. The world's population won't take this type of threat seriously if it's starting at them in the face, how does it react when even politicians and governments around the world are playing it down.

Fact of the matter it's out here now, and we need to deal with it. People going shopping, exercising, meeting up isn't helping matters, it's getting worse and until we have an actual clampdown it's going to continue spreading.

The great orange one is stationing troops along the northern border? Is he worried about us running into the swamp? I don't think that will be a problem. Is he worried about people with brains trying to get away from his deadly policies? If that is why he is doing it, it is truly terrifying.

As for the Beer Store. F off. Cyber attack over night so they are only accepting cash right now. Global pandemic, transmitted by touch. Close the stores until the systems are back up. Drunks can go to the LCBO. The province should shut them down for the remainder of the crisis for putting profits in front of people.

A generation ago WE isolated China because they were Commies. Because it was profitable for western companies to move there the bamboo curtain was dropped. The western companies didn't want to lose the profit advantage so human rights, pollution, toxins, ethics were ignored. If you get VD from a hooker it's not all her fault.

I find this hilarious too because the Chinese government is very good at censoring ****...and they are asking Western businesses to censor in order to get profit. And of course Western companies really only care about $$$ and not integrity so they censor themselves for monies!

I'm legit a little afraid of what will happen a decade or three down the line because personally I think we're ****** no matter who wins between USA and China for the next superpower.

But could you assess a greater blame if it came to light the hooker shops at a market where they boil or flame broil live dogs ?

The great orange one is stationing troops along the northern border? Is he worried about us running into the swamp? I don't think that will be a problem. Is he worried about people with brains trying to get away from his deadly policies? If that is why he is doing it, it is truly terrifying.

It could be a variation on your last point, people see the numbers rise locally and may just look to get out (smart and dumb), if they start running to Canada (or worse yet Mexico) it is a huge embarrassment to him. Remember we have half as many infections per capita...

Personally, IMO, maybe we should do the same but divide it up with them, you guys watch this part, we watch this part just so people here don't think this is some sort of coming invasion.... (assuming it is not of course....)

It could be a variation on your last point, people see the numbers rise locally and may just look to get out (smart and dumb), if they start running to Canada (or worse yet Mexico) it is a huge embarrassment to him. Remember we have half as many infections per capita...

Personally, IMO, maybe we should do the same but divide it up with them, you guys watch this part, we watch this part just so people here don't think this is some sort of coming invasion.... (assuming it is not of course....)
I just had a terrifying thought. Is trumpy dumb enough to try to invade Canada to gain some more "clean" land and help stop the spread of the virus?

Was? I thought this was over and back to normal by Easter?

6 out of 7 of Trumps most profitable holdings are closed. It's estimated he's losing $485K/day in revenues. A few more deaths vs. having Mar-a-Lago back open for business in 14 days? We're talking Trump here.

I find this hilarious too because the Chinese government is very good at censoring ****...and they are asking Western businesses to censor in order to get profit. And of course Western companies really only care about $$$ and not integrity so they censor themselves for monies!

I'm legit a little afraid of what will happen a decade or three down the line because personally I think we're ****** no matter who wins between USA and China for the next superpower.

We'll all be dead and the little green men from Mars will be hovering in space and asking how long before the place is safe.

6 out of 7 of Trumps most profitable holdings are closed. It's estimated he's losing $485K/day in revenues. A few more deaths vs. having Mar-a-Lago back open for business in 14 days? We're talking Trump here.
I am shocked he isn't using his properties as field hospitals. Aren't hospital beds thousands of dollars a day? Just add it to the US debt.

I just had a terrifying thought. Is trumpy dumb enough to try to invade Canada to gain some more "clean" land and help stop the spread of the virus?

Personally I think there are a number of excuses in their files to take over Canada "For our better good" choke, puke. They have several precedental policies, Monroe Doctrine, Hot Pursuit etc.

According to Hitler WWII was started by the Poles attacking a German radio station. It was a self attack using stolen or copied uniforms.

And he doesn't give a crap about stopping the virus. It just makes a good excuse.

Now there'll be a run on tin foil hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom