Coronavirus | Page 69 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should add: Everything needs to stop except what is absolutely necessary to sustain people at home for 30 days. For those essential workplaces, shelter-in-place may need to be at work. Financial markets have to close. Banks have to close. All bills and payments have to be deferred. No public transit. No air travel. No trains. Everyone stays put and interacts with only the people that they directly deal with normally (e.g. family). No one comes in contact with strangers.

I completely agree with this statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how do you propose to track down all of the people who did that?

That one hits close to home, it's across the street from a popular motorcyclist gathering spot (Hurontario and Mayfield - but the Timmies across the street, not the one that's part of the PetroCanada). I can't say with certainty whether I filled up a vehicle at that station or not in the last couple of weeks - but if so, it would have been pay-at-the-pump without me going inside the store, and it would have been at least a week ago.

I just drove by there; it's blocked off with caution-tape and there's a security company vehicle in the parking lot.

Let's keep in mind that this virus is expected to eventually infect somewhere between 20% and 70% of the population, everywhere. Eventually, it is going to get to a point where you can't close down and isolate and sanitize every business that an infected person ever passed through - and that time is not far away, probably within a few weeks or a month tops. It won't even be possible, there would be nothing left, and not enough people to do it even if you were to try. Eventually, this virus is going to be part of everyday life just like the flu bug and common cold are.

On the topic of filling stations ... at 69 cents per litre, I just went out in my car, paper towel in hand, and filled it up, and filled up a jerry can, pushing the buttons on the pump through the paper towel and holding the nozzle with a paper towel, so that now all road-legal vehicles have a full tank and, with little driving projected over the next few weeks, I should be able to get by for a month without touching the nozzle at a filling station ...
Tracking them down is impossible. Telling them in no uncertain terms to stay home is easy. Yes, most of us will get this. The critical part is limiting the spread prior to the initial hump passing. Even at that point, without strict isolation of people exposed to known cases, we are risking another bump that requires a shutdown to control.

People continue being dumb in Italy so the government continues playing whack-a-mole to try to end the idiotic behaviour. People pull this crap and then complain when the rules are changed to "you cannot leave your own property".

"Italy is slowing industrial production nationwide, while the hardest-hit region of Lombardy banned any outdoor exercise not on personal property and set distance limits on dog-walking. "

"As of Sunday, the maximum radius for dog walking was set at 200 metres, and all outdoor sport that cannot be practiced at home was banned - not because sports posed a threat, but because people were abusing the freedom of movement.

Authorities in Lombardy also raised fines for violators to 5,000 euros ($5,345)."

"Dog walking remained a valid motivation, but videos popped up on social media of Italians with fake dogs, shaggy stuffed animals on the end of stiff leashes. "

Well if they do a total shutdown, I rather it now, then impacting too much of the riding season. Just saying

Or hopefully this starts to plateau.

Sent from the moon!

someone enlighten me because i don't see the problem with going out either for a drive in the car or, when the weather gets warmer, a ride...obviously, we don't want to be in an accident and have to go to a hospital for treatment, but putting that aside, i fail to see the problem with this...i also realize getting gas would have to be part of this activity, but as long as we use proper precautions (ie: using paper towels to hold the pump, using knuckles on keypads or immediately using hand sanitizer) and they remain open...not being a smart ass here...maybe i'm just naive (or not thinking this through thoroughly)...

someone enlighten me because i don't see the problem with going out either for a drive in the car or, when the weather gets warmer, a ride...obviously, we don't want to be in an accident and have to go to a hospital for treatment, but putting that aside, i fail to see the problem with this...i also realize getting gas would have to be part of this activity, but as long as we use proper precautions (ie: using paper towels to hold the pump, using knuckles on keypads or immediately using hand sanitizer) and they remain open...not being a smart ass here...maybe i'm just naive (or not thinking this through thoroughly)...
People make mistakes, with 'everyone' out and about the risks sky rocket. I don't think anyone here believes that enough people will take appropriate precautions, especially those who 'feel fine' and could very well be carrying the virus.

Last edited:
Still waiting to see if I get to fly tomorrow. Flight got delayed by 2 hours already....which is weird because it’s more than 12h to the flight....

I’ll be honest....really hoping for a full lockdown so I can stay home.

I don't either, and it would be great to take advantage of the free time and low cost of fuel, and stay away from everyone and be outside.
Hopefully it doesn't come to a full lockdown and the isolation and distancing will help, if everyone gets on board. But we are dealing with heard mentality. If people start to stray others will follow and then we won't have accomplished anything.

So far everyone I have talked to is self isolating, going out only when they need to, including some outdoor activity but alone and not for socializing.

someone enlighten me because i don't see the problem with going out either for a drive in the car or, when the weather gets warmer, a ride...

On it's own, it's not a problem, and I've been doing little road trips to get out of the house to maintain sanity, and plan to do the same on the bikes in a couple of days when it warms up.

The problem is the idiots that abuse the privilege. Go on a road trip and meet up with friends and fail to maintain distance, etc. Too many idiots + necessary action = authorities have to come down hard.

People make mistakes, with 'everyone' out and about the risks sky rocket. I don't think anyone here believes that enough people will take appropriate precautions, especially those who 'feel fine' and could very well be carrying the virus.
And some people are just downright clueless. Just going out for a walk, talk and hug 42 neighbours along the way. Just going to the park to play, oh, theres my friend let's play a little basketball. Etc.

Halton shut the parks yesterday and told people to leave because there were so many people crowded in them. The parking lots looked like yorkdale just before xmas.

Weinstein has covid and has been looking pretty rough in the recent past. Decent chance the taxpayers wont have to pay for another trial.

Weinstein has covid and has been looking pretty rough in the recent past. Decent chance the taxpayers wont have to pay for another trial.

In her interview after the sentencing the prosecutor said that she was glad no one fell for his one foot in the grave act

The theory is that some people will get a strong cytokine reaction resulting in breakdown of your pulmonary tissue. This is similar to 'auto-immune' diseases where T cells attach to normal cells instead of diseased cells. You at risk of COVID-19 if you have: diabetes, obesty, depression/anxiety, autoimmune-disorders, cancer, or are: elderly, sleep-deprived, smoker, vaping, regular alcohol-user.

I regularly abuse alcohol because I’m anxiously sleep deprived. Thanks for that list.

In her interview after the sentencing the prosecutor said that she was glad no one fell for his one foot in the grave act
In a perfect world, the sentence should be related to the crime, not how decrepit (or not) the criminal is.

I was watching some stupid netflix thing on human behaviour earlier today where they ask 100 people a question. In part of this show, they ask them about appropriate length of sentence. Both groups were read the exact same script regarding the crime (meth lab, cash and drugs found) and shown a picture of the criminal. If the criminal was ugly they were given roughly double the sentence of a pretty criminal.

Someone at work noticed a neighbor who had just gotten back from a cruise out and about.
She mentioned that she should be in quarantine, and the person almost went ballistic on her.

Spain extends it's lockdown until April 11th. So that will be almost a month, my buddy over there is going stir crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom