Coronavirus | Page 68 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cabin fever? This is only the beginning. At least it looks like I'll be able to go ride on Tuesday.

Better wait till Tuesday to see if you're still allowed to.

49686810593_308b33c997_b.jpg

How are they going to enforce that?

Fines for overcrowding (5+ Peeps). I think it is growl until they can put in some teeth. Every time they up the ante a few more get the point.

I'm not sure what would have happened if we slammed down hard here a month ago. Would the over-reaction have made things worse than what we are now experiencing? Weaning vs cold turkey

let’s hope that doesn’t happen here....,my summer plans revolve around solo rides.

myself as well

so far going south is out
the maritimes are out
wouldn't surprise me if QC decides to outlaw the Anglais

expect to be very familiar with Ontario roads come the fall

How are they going to enforce that?
Probably the same way as they enforce the current self-isolation. Barely to not at all. If you do something dumb enough to make the police think it is worth a risk to talk to you, they ask you questions and if you trip up on answers, you get a stern talking to.

I like the concept of lockdown, but why use a provincial border? That makes no sense to me since distribution throughout the Canadian public is probably reasonably even. It would make a lot more sense if it was like Italy with full lockdown and every trip needs a legitimate purpose. The whole point is you need to avoid contact with people, not avoid contact with "them, over there".

Anyone that plans to go to Home Depot, I recommend changing your plans. I drove past two stores yesterday with lines to get in (probably 20 to 50 people). It looks like HD is severely limiting the number of people in the store at one time. This makes little sense to me when they are all jammed in a crowd outside. Does anyone think about how policies are going to play out before implementing them? Like yesterday with stupid EB only allowing two people in the store at a time while having 50 people in a line outside.

I can see a variation of the “should I run from the 5-0” threads popping up eventually.

”went out for a razz and the 5-0 tried to enforce home isolation on me....I opened the go control and wheelied away from the mask wearing rozzers....scooted down a side street and hid behind the Covid testing station....phew, close call”.

Probably the same way as they enforce the current self-isolation. Barely to not at all. If you do something dumb enough to make the police think it is worth a risk to talk to you, they ask you questions and if you trip up on answers, you get a stern talking to.

I like the concept of lockdown, but why use a provincial border? That makes no sense to me since distribution throughout the Canadian public is probably reasonably even. It would make a lot more sense if it was like Italy with full lockdown and every trip needs a legitimate purpose. The whole point is you need to avoid contact with people, not avoid contact with "them, over there".

mine the borders!

Anybody affected or worried?

Cruise ships under quarantine, travel bans by Trump,

Should I hide under my bed, stock up on rice and beans?
(y) good thread, look how far back you seen the signs. Right about the time they called it a pandemic.

Anyone that plans to go to Home Depot, I recommend changing your plans. I drove past two stores yesterday with lines to get in (probably 20 to 50 people). It looks like HD is severely limiting the number of people in the store at one time. This makes little sense to me when they are all jammed in a crowd outside. Does anyone think about how policies are going to play out before implementing them? Like yesterday with stupid EB only allowing two people in the store at a time while having 50 people in a line outside.

HD is running the same program in the hammer. I’ve seen a few other retailers are doing the line up outside thing. Some are enforcing a 6 foot gap between customers whereas others are just letting the line form.

I would expect stricter regulations this week and fines to start rolling out. I believe OPP said Friday they would start enforcing some of the social distancing requests from the Government.

HD is running the same program in the hammer. I’ve seen a few other retailers are doing the line up outside thing. Some are enforcing a 6 foot gap between customers whereas others are just letting the line form.

I would expect stricter regulations this week and fines to start rolling out. I believe OPP said Friday they would start enforcing some of the social distancing requests from the Government.

loblaws here have painted lines on the floor in the store to help with distancing. Great idea, I can see that happening in other stores.

Another weak ass political response. Without an iron-clad lockdown of anyone with know direct exposure, most of this social distancing will be for naught.

"An employee at a Tim Hortons/Petro Canada in Brampton has tested positive for COVID-19 and Mayor Patrick Brown is urging anyone who visited the business over an 11-day period to consider self-isolating at home as a precaution. "

&^*&^ consider. Lock it down. If you got food/went in, two weeks in isolation from the time you went (with your family as they will already be exposed if you got it). None of this "consider" bull^&*(^*&^ political whining. If our "leaders" don't have the stones to call it as it is, why would we expect the average citizen to make a tough decision?

Ohio is the latest to issue a state wide lockdown. For reference (best stats I could find, could be out of date), Ohio has 250 cases reported and a population of 11.7m people, Ontario has 424 cases and a population of 14.6m people

Current count that I know of:
California
Illinois
New York
Connecticut
New Jersey
Ohio

Last edited:
Stranded due to the pandemic, in the country that I was touring, I had occassion to participate in their one day "everyone quarantine". This was the scene on a street that is normally a hazard to walk on (pedestrians are seemingly fair game) due to the horrendous traffic. Just one human and one rodent enjoying the traffic-free street.
ed8d02d4dc8c0736c63d0d4869817d8e.jpg

"Envoyé de mon Android Phone en utilisant Tapatalk"

Another weak ass political response. Without an iron-clad lockdown of anyone with know direct exposure, most of this social distancing will be for naught.

"An employee at a Tim Hortons/Petro Canada in Brampton has tested positive for COVID-19 and Mayor Patrick Brown is urging anyone who visited the business over an 11-day period to consider self-isolating at home as a precaution. "

&^*&^ consider. Lock it down. If you got food/went in, two weeks in isolation from the time you went (with your family as they will already be exposed if you got it). None of this "consider" bull^&*(^*&^ political whining. If our "leaders" don't have the stones to call it as it is, why would we expect the average citizen to make a tough decision?

And how do you propose to track down all of the people who did that?

That one hits close to home, it's across the street from a popular motorcyclist gathering spot (Hurontario and Mayfield - but the Timmies across the street, not the one that's part of the PetroCanada). I can't say with certainty whether I filled up a vehicle at that station or not in the last couple of weeks - but if so, it would have been pay-at-the-pump without me going inside the store, and it would have been at least a week ago.

I just drove by there; it's blocked off with caution-tape and there's a security company vehicle in the parking lot.

Let's keep in mind that this virus is expected to eventually infect somewhere between 20% and 70% of the population, everywhere. Eventually, it is going to get to a point where you can't close down and isolate and sanitize every business that an infected person ever passed through - and that time is not far away, probably within a few weeks or a month tops. It won't even be possible, there would be nothing left, and not enough people to do it even if you were to try. Eventually, this virus is going to be part of everyday life just like the flu bug and common cold are.

On the topic of filling stations ... at 69 cents per litre, I just went out in my car, paper towel in hand, and filled it up, and filled up a jerry can, pushing the buttons on the pump through the paper towel and holding the nozzle with a paper towel, so that now all road-legal vehicles have a full tank and, with little driving projected over the next few weeks, I should be able to get by for a month without touching the nozzle at a filling station ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom