Coronavirus | Page 89 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the scale on left is PS which is european sized horsepower. Very close to HP minus a tiny bit.
... less then 1 hp at 4000 rpm? seems low.

Reactions: J_F
In reality is Trudeau and Ford approach any better than trump? The list of essential services encompasses most work. https://www.ontario.ca/page/list-essential-workplaces Other than teachers and politicians, who does not fall under that list? They just say it with a concerned face, but in reality it's the same approach. Many on that list are fortunate to have companies that that can accommodate remote work, but just about everyone can be called to work.

In reality is Trudeau and Ford approach any better than trump? The list of essential services encompasses most work. https://www.ontario.ca/page/list-essential-workplaces Other than teachers and politicians, who does not fall under that list? They just say it with a concerned face, but in reality it's the same approach. Many on that list are fortunate to have companies that that can accommodate remote work, but just about everyone can be called to work.

Honestly, I can think of probably 60-70% of the places I deliver to on a regular basis as a truck driver are closed. People have a very shortighted view of "employers" based usually only on the places they deal with on a regular basis as a member of the public. There's endless businesses that run entirely outside the realm of the public that said public have no idea even exist. The majority of these are indeed...closed.

As for Trump vs Trudeau/Ford, to me it's night and day. Trump is being reluctantly dragged along all whilst very clearly just wanting this to all be over and things to somehow magically return to normal. He doesn't really believe, or almost certainly, understand the science, nor does he seem to honestly care much about it. Everything will be magically better by Easter and "churches will be full to overflowing". Everything is fine because Fox news said so.

On the flipside, from what I've seen so far (and I've been watching pretty much every news conference live) both Trudeau and Ford seem to be listening to and making decisions based upon those who know more than them because they're scientists and medical advisors who understand it.

Honestly, I can think of probably 60-70% of the places I deliver to on a regular basis as a truck driver are closed. People have a very shortighted view of "employers" based usually only on the places they deal with on a regular basis as a member of the public. There's endless businesses that run entirely outside the realm of the public that said public have no idea even exist. The majority of these are indeed...closed.

As for Trump vs Trudeau/Ford, to me it's night and day. Trump is being reluctantly dragged along all whilst very clearly just wanting this to all be over and things to somehow magically return to normal. He doesn't really believe, or almost certainly, understand the science, nor does he seem to honestly care much about it. Everything will be magically better by Easter and "churches will be full to overflowing". Everything is fine because Fox news said so.

On the flipside, from what I've seen so far (and I've been watching pretty much every news conference live) both Trudeau and Ford seem to be listening to those who know more than they do because their scientists and medical advisors.

definitely more balanced and sober this side of the divide. Cohesive messaging is the most important thing and everyone seems to be on message.

Trump's priority seems to be the economy and people be damned.

In reality is Trudeau and Ford approach any better than trump? ...
Isn't that 3 different approaches at the moment?
I think Trump plan used to be written over a steel gate somewhere in Poland, something about work making you free

Trump vs Trudeau/Ford, to me it's night and day. Trump is being reluctantly dragged along all whilst very clearly just wanting this to all be over and things to somehow magically return to normal.

6 of 7 of Trump's best money generating holdings (clubs/hotels) are shut down and he's losing almost a half a million dollars a day in revenue. General rule of thumb is, if you have any doubts as to one's objectives, just follow the money.

I'm trying to think of any of my friends from the states that are in what I would call good physical condition :|

Just informed: three presumptive cases at work. Fak. This sucks. Hopefully they test negative. May have to go into quarantine if I catch it. But... will give me time to get the bikes ready for the summer, along with a million other things to catch up on around the house. A silver lining in every annoyance, hopefully.

Just informed: three presumptive cases at work. Fak. This sucks. Hopefully they test negative. May have to go into quarantine if I catch it. But... will give me time to get the bikes ready for the summer, along with a million other things to catch up on around the house. A silver lining in every annoyance, hopefully.

Kind of the situation I was in for the past week and a bit. I got a lot accomplished around the house and thankfully haven't developed any additional symptoms and thus am therefore "in the clear"...but I can't ditch this stupid cough. And cough = work doesn't want me right now.

The health discussion aside.

Lots of people being laid off due to a downturn in business at companies that are still staying open, that's aside from the numerous companies that have temporarily shut down and laid off their entire staff. It's going to be hard for a lot of people for a significant amount of time before things start going back to normal.

The health discussion aside.

Lots of people being laid off due to a downturn in business at companies that are still staying open, that's aside from the numerous companies that have temporarily shut down and laid off their entire staff. It's going to be hard for a lot of people for a significant amount of time before things start going back to normal.

That's the saddest thing right now for me....the legions of people caught up in this that have had their lives completely turned upside down through no fault of their own. The only thing I would say is that the better we maintain discipline in terms of self isolation the faster we can get out of this and get life somewhat back to normal.

Anyone laid off from their job should be mad as hell at anyone flouting the isolation advice. We all should be mad on their behalf too.

Anyone see the news about the snowbird Quebeckers and their RVs in the Walmart parking lot in Brockville?
The ones that are only a little bit infected?

On the flipside, from what I've seen so far (and I've been watching pretty much every news conference live) both Trudeau and Ford seem to be listening to and making decisions based upon those who know more than them because they're scientists and medical advisors who understand it.
definitely more balanced and sober this side of the divide. Cohesive messaging is the most important thing and everyone seems to be on message.

Trump's priority seems to be the economy and people be damned.

As a country and province we are doing a good job at isolating and containing the virus. That's thanks to employers and public attitude, Ford left the gates open with the Ontario essential service list. There's still many retail businesses that are open. For example Silent Sports is open, who NEEDS a surfboard right now? Dollarama? LCBO? Most construction sites are open, and they have deplorable sanitary conditions. That's a lot of people that can spread the infection and transmit it to the truly essential workforce. Ford's list is too loose, and Trudeau did not make any guidelines.

Isn't that 3 different approaches at the moment?
I think Trump plan used to be written over a steel gate somewhere in Poland, something about work making you free

Trudeau AND Ford vs Trump. 2, but I see your point.

Anyone see the news about the snowbird Quebeckers and their RVs in the Walmart parking lot in Brockville?
No, but I saw what was probably the same story for Cobourg. Maybe informing them of decimation at the border would get the message across?

That's the saddest thing right now for me....the legions of people caught up in this that have had their lives completely turned upside down through no fault of their own. The only thing I would say is that the better we maintain discipline in terms of self isolation the faster we can get out of this and get life somewhat back to normal.

Anyone laid off from their job should be mad as hell at anyone flouting the isolation advice. We all should be mad on their behalf too.
Is anybody mad at the Chinese gov't?

Be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom