Coronavirus | Page 478 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
how hard would it be to think we had 100k doses so we can give 50K and have enough to do a second dose within the time frame. Nope, math too hard. F me ,

They were doing that. Then the plan was changed to issue dose 1 to lots of people as fast as possible at the expense of future shipments being "dose 2" instead of just keeping dose 2 in the fridge during the whole process.

What screwed up that plan is when pfizer suddenly said a week or so there would be an interruption.

Forced quarantine would work and the cost would be another disincentive.

I think that's what coming.

When you depart the plane, you get on the $70/100/200 bus and it takes you straight to your chaperoned 14 day quarantine room. Room service or delivery on food, drink and grocery items.

But mah freedumz!

Have you checked what New Zealand and Australia have done or what numerous countries in the South Pacific have accomplished?

As I've said before, comparing the results of small island nations to the second largest country in the world with endless ways in and out including the longest undefended border in the world isn't exactly realistic. Especially when we share that border with a country with a high proportion of of looney tunes.

Loaves and fishes, wine from water. Ya gotta have faith.
Faith. That's a word i have a great deal of respect for.
I am in not a believer in religion, but i understand what Faith is.

Should I or should I not is objective in the eye of the law but subjective to the person contemplating a situation.

I know someone that has PTSD with a side order of agoraphobia. I also know a lovely lady who is showing signs of dementia. If either of them called me and said they woke up that morning and wanted to go out somewhere, even a short drive, should I or should I not assist them?

Sometimes there is a moment of clarity in a person's mind that has to be seized upon and opened up. A lot of family problems started with "Can't we just talk about this later?"

We are allowed to go out for exercise but what about mental exercise or rehab?

There is no magic bullet solution but psychiatry is just starting to recognize the starting points of some problems.

Well folks Ford and Fuddle Duddle Junior can mull over vaccines, quote statistics, lock down conditions and look back at errors. They may, not too far down the road, be looking at a lot of psychological problems that should have been addressed while they were fixable.

On the subjective side we tend to judge people by our own standards. I'm locked up in my house but I just shoveled my modest driveway and it's bigger than someone else's apartment. I have a stash of projects and much of what is needed to work on them. Others don't even have the room to stash things. Some only dream of having a bike or boat to talk about.

It does make it harder when the people that should be setting the examples and leading from the front are instead taking advantage of their positions and skirting the rules. It is easier to accept hardships if we are all in the same boat.

Faith. That's a word i have a great deal of respect for.
I am in not a believer in religion, but i understand what Faith is.

I believe in God but far less so in religion.

If a four year old asks you why the leaves fall off the tree in autumn it's easier to tell them the God of the forest told them to take a nap than research and explain capillary action and photosynthesis. I wonder how many religious teachings are based on a lack of knowledge thousands of years ago.

Historically people use imagery to show their religious interpretations and it can screw us around. Islam doesn't allow images of God / Allah but Christianity paints him as an old man. God lives eternally and would never age so no picture of him or her would ever be correct. Score one for the Muslims.

Sorry racists, Jesus wasn't white.

None. Seniors can be self entitled too. My parents and my in laws had ailments the same as they did, and never traveled to Florida for relief.
They made their bed, now lie in it.
Even if they decided to go, they should know to have insurance lined up and active before they cross the border. They were like giddy school girls going to Florida for march break and couldn't wait to get out the door.

Last edited:
If we stayed in the Canadian winter we would feel poorly, arthritis and aches.

How you feeling now Grandma?? I mean other than bankrupt and stupid.

Friend just flew home early Jan to his home in Shanghai from where he was hiding out at his cottage in Muskoka, covid test 48 hrs before you get on the plane, covid test coming off the plane , shuttle bus to locked down hotel. You pay all the bills and 14days room service for a family of 4. Covid test and your out. About 25K to get home, flights and hotel.
He fled Shanghai during the worst for Canada, now has retreated, because the lockdowns and quarantines have all but stopped the problem there. Unlike here where its actually getting stupider.

Friend just flew home early Jan to his home in Shanghai from where he was hiding out at his cottage in Muskoka, covid test 48 hrs before you get on the plane, covid test coming off the plane , shuttle bus to locked down hotel. You pay all the bills and 14days room service for a family of 4. Covid test and your out. About 25K to get home, flights and hotel.
He fled Shanghai during the worst for Canada, now has retreated, because the lockdowns and quarantines have all but stopped the problem there. Unlike here where its actually getting stupider.
If they were in the GTA, they could probably sell their primary residence and come out the backside ok by moving to peterborough. On the east coast, this is really going to affect their life going forward.

Too bad for that couple. Just found out by accident that my moms friend flew out to the islands for a few months....she’s in too much pain in the cold harsh Canadian winter....so Trinidad it is.....

I think a lot more people are doing this than let on. They do it quietly, play dumb, and don’t say anything because they see the negative backlash on their entitled selfishness.

****. I’m tired of this **** too, but I spent an hour clearing snow yesterday instead of being in the warm sand and surf.

Too bad for that couple. Just found out by accident that my moms friend flew out to the islands for a few months....she’s in too much pain in the cold harsh Canadian winter....so Trinidad it is.....

I think a lot more people are doing this than let on. They do it quietly, play dumb, and don’t say anything because they see the negative backlash on their entitled selfishness.

****. I’m tired of this **** too, but I spent an hour clearing snow yesterday instead of being in the warm sand and surf.

I'm lucky enough to take a couple of tropical vacations a year. It's the reason why I put up with whatever ******** comes along in my job plus it's how I cope with the general shitiness of a Canadian winter which I'm getting less and less tolerant of as I get older. My wife is much the same. We both put up with a lot because we know that at some point we'll be somewhere warm and tropical soon. Not this past year after March and unlikely to be this year too. We are adult enough to know it's not forever and we're old enough to know that skipping a vacation won't kill us.

People that do bend the rules are the ones that are extending the lockdowns. I hope they know that.

I believe in God but far less so in religion.

If a four year old asks you why the leaves fall off the tree in autumn it's easier to tell them the God of the forest told them to take a nap than research and explain capillary action and photosynthesis. I wonder how many religious teachings are based on a lack of knowledge thousands of years ago.

Historically people use imagery to show their religious interpretations and it can screw us around. Islam doesn't allow images of God / Allah but Christianity paints him as an old man. God lives eternally and would never age so no picture of him or her would ever be correct. Score one for the Muslims.

Sorry racists, Jesus wasn't white.
Christianity refers to God as 'father', it lines up. No Bible thumper so i'd be interested to know what exactly the texts refer to regarding his likeness or aging.

Stopped the problem in China? Says who.

I'm lucky enough to take a couple of tropical vacations a year. It's the reason why I put up with whatever ******** comes along in my job plus it's how I cope with the general shitiness of a Canadian winter which I'm getting less and less tolerant of as I get older. My wife is much the same. We both put up with a lot because we know that at some point we'll be somewhere warm and tropical soon. Not this past year after March and unlikely to be this year too. We are adult enough to know it's not forever and we're old enough to know that skipping a vacation won't kill us.

People that do bend the rules are the ones that are extending the lockdowns. I hope they know that.
You get less and less tolerant for something that only gets milder? Interesting..

They don't. Almost anyone doing something dumb just points to someone else doing something they perceive as dumb and says why should I stop my thing if they are still doing their thing. Lowest common denominator thinking. Activities that attract a lot of finger pointing (in and out) include travel (including separate groups grumpy about local, regional, provincial and international), schools, group activities, guests at home, workplaces, etc. So many people can easily justify what they are doing by pointing at all of the other people they believe are doing things worse than them.

It is quite hilarious that most people judge the risk associated with their activity based on how much they want to do it, not based on anything at all to do with the activity (for instance proximity, time, alternatives, etc).

We are at the opposite end of the spectrum from "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country". Starting right from the top, it's every person for themselves and screw the other guy. Douggie in a press conference said that he and CE had not had the vaccine yet. $1000 says JT cannot make a similar (truthful) statement).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom