Coronavirus | Page 472 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentally I'm 47 going on 35.

Physically I'm 47 going on 92. ;)

How was the British Visitor not quarantining somewhere away from Canadians.... weren't they charged with lieing to health officials about contact with people from overseas? How are they not guilty of that? This whole thing stinks.

Edit. You would think "Health Professionals " would know better or is this the standard Canada expects thesedays. Maybe they should have their licenses revoked for putting all their patients and co workers in danger
Omg. Supposedly she didn't work during the period so she shouldn't have killed anyone under her care, but she should obviously know better. Time for her to be retired.

Dr. Martina Weir and her husband, Brian Weir, who works in a non-patient-facing role for the Toronto Paramedic Services, each face two counts of "failing to provide accurate information on all persons that the defendant may have had contact with during their period of communicability for COVID-19" and one count of obstruction "by providing false information to the Durham Region Associate Medical Officer of Health in relation to contact tracing involving the UK variant strain of COVID-19."

Weir works as a physician at Lakeridge Health Centre and two long-term care homes in the region

Omg. Supposedly she didn't work during the period so she shouldn't have killed anyone under her care, but she should obviously know better. Time for her to be retired.

Dr. Martina Weir and her husband, Brian Weir, who works in a non-patient-facing role for the Toronto Paramedic Services, each face two counts of "failing to provide accurate information on all persons that the defendant may have had contact with during their period of communicability for COVID-19" and one count of obstruction "by providing false information to the Durham Region Associate Medical Officer of Health in relation to contact tracing involving the UK variant strain of COVID-19."

Weir works as a physician at Lakeridge Health Centre and two long-term care homes in the region
Being untruthful with health professionals trying to trace their interactions is unacceptable for people in the work professions they are both in.
Really disheartening that there are so many people in significant public sector positions who clearly operate on a double standard basis. I suppose it's human nature but still very disappointing :(

Make stupid rules and people do stupid things to get around them.

Under Ontario's provincial lockdown laws, which came into effect on Dec. 26, film and television productions are allowed to continue operating.

"We're not offering haircut appointments, we're offering full auditions," Hirter told CTV News Toronto on Thursday.

Owner Alicia Hirter set up cameras, lights and microphones in her shop and said people who come in for haircuts are now auditioning for a part in a future TV show or podcast.

According to their website, clients can book adult auditions or child auditions. The booking details say the guests will receive a "complete haircut, neck shave, blow-dry and style all while candidly discussing life, its ups and downs and all in between."

A significant portion of the workforce is unable to effectively function if they have crotch goblins at home. I know quite a few people that are already struggling with negative cashflow now that the family is on one income.
I'm a new postal worker.
The covid lockdowns have done nothing but help me out -- I'm working towards the permanent part time... Still considered a casual worker until I hit 480 hours (3 months full time equivalent).
Many co-workers need to take extra time off to cover the parenting obligations. Regulars are shocked that the temps are still working this far past Christmas, all due to the lockdowns.

Yes, I understand the hardships of others, but I can't deny it has helped me out, at least a little bit.

Should be good for the planet now most of the worlds traffic is off the roads

Downtown TO is practically empty to what it used to be,

But still way to busy for this country boy

Dick Pound has always been a twit, but his million dollar a year gig sort of hinges on the Olympics so of course he's on the bandwagon, atheletes first.
Like closing ice rink, gyms, massage stands, to all Ontarians except "high performance atheletes"
So is this finally the end for the Pounder? It's hard to survive on obscene levels of graft if the games don't happen.

Japan’s government has reportedly privately concluded the Tokyo Olympics will have to be cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Times of London is citing an unnamed senior member of the ruling coalition and says the government’s focus has turned to securing the Games for Tokyo at the next available year, which isn’t until 2032.

Downtown TO is practically empty to what it used to be,

But still way to busy for this country boy
My commute is still pretty populated, maybe down 30%

I haven't been near the 401 in 9 months.But the local traffic here in Waterloo is very normal.Odd.
Drove up the expressway a couple times today in what is normally rush hour.
No real slow downs between King St. and Lancaster at all. Normally it's a good 10-15 minute delay between those exits.

Loving the "work from home" traffic. I would estimate a 65% reduction in volume. Fantastic.

What a joke, minister of LTC is blaming the deaths in the homes is because they have no vaccines. I think they think people are stupid and forget the report that the armed forces wrote in the summer and how much of a crappy job was and is being done

Breaking news as of 10 mins ago is that the new UK variant could be up to 30% more fatal as well as more contagious. Very preliminary modelling though.

Breaking news as of 10 mins ago is that the new UK variant could be up to 30% more fatal as well as more contagious. Very preliminary modelling though.
Roberta Place in Barrie that is being ravaged (last I heard 122/130 residents infected, 20 dead plus 60 staff infected) has a variant in it. They hadn't isolated which one yet.

O

oh good....this is just what we need

Bojo just had a press conference on this topic. Early days but doesn't look good. Increased mortality across multiple age groups.

cp24.com/world/covid-19-variant-found-in-uk-may-be-more-deadly-than-others-says-boris-johnson-1.5278463

"If you took... a man in their 60s, the average risk is that for 1,000 people who got infected, roughly 10 would be expected to unfortunately die with the virus. With the new variant, for 1,000 people infected, roughly 13 or 14 people might be expected to die," he said Friday.

Vallance added: "That's the sort of change for that sort of age group, an increase from 10 to 13 or 14 out of 1,000 and you will see that across the different age groups as well, a similar sort of relative increase in the risk."

EDIT:

UK variant is confirmed at Roberta Place in Barrie

As of Friday, 124 of 127 residents and 84 staff tested positive for the virus and 29 residents have died. Two essential visitors and three external partners have also tested positive.

Last weekend, the home inoculated 135 staff members and 21 residents with first doses of Pfizer BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine.

However, on Thursday, SMDHU Medical Officer of Health Dr. Colin Lee said the home was supposed to get doses of the Moderna vaccine earlier but the doses were diverted to regions with a higher prevalence of long-term care outbreaks.

On Thursday, the provincial government said there were 15 known cases of the UK variant across the province, not including the now confirmed cases at Roberta Place.

Last edited:
My wife is up for her Covid shot tomorrow. They are now starting on the 45-55 group here.

i wish they would just throw all the resources they have at this and get everyone who wants it vaccinated by spring so we can get back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom