Coronavirus | Page 470 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a Covid test in fergus today

It pisses me off when the government is saying they want everyone tested
But make you jump through hoops to get the test.

They don’t want to test people unless they are showing symptoms

Plan ********, they keep moving the line to fit there agenda

We need guns that shoot paintballs that look like coronavirus blobs. Mask under nose....pop, too close.....pop, letting the little snot smearers run wild in stores....pop, no mask...go for a Glock.

With the vaccine cut backs, continued lunacy by denial and increasingly ineffectual governments we will have, at best, a slight reduction in lock-downs this summer. Wave three in the fall. Maybe do a foreign vacation in 2022 if destination supply doesn't outstrip demand in which case 2023 or 2024 (US election year)

I will be like one of those lab cage chimps that finally got to go outside.

From what I have heard from the "government" lately is that they only want to test people with potential exposure and/or symptoms.

In the summer when they were trying to get to 20K people a day they were pushing for pretty much anyone to try and hit the number. Now that we are in the second wave they have been pretty clear (to me anyways) it is more selective as they are doing 50 to 70K tests per day and the ability to process them is at its limit. If they just did just everyone/anyone on a whim they wouldn't be able to process them.

From what I have heard from the "government" lately is that they only want to test people with potential exposure and/or symptoms.

In the summer when they were trying to get to 20K people a day they were pushing for pretty much anyone to try and hit the number. Now that we are in the second wave they have been pretty clear (to me anyways) it is more selective as they are doing 50 to 70K tests per day and the ability to process them is at its limit. If they just did just everyone/anyone on a whim they wouldn't be able to process them.
Yeah. That’s what they tell me on the phone

I said that i was exposed at the dentist office potentially

If you’re not showing symptoms then you are SOL.

When i mention i have a headache then they except my appointment

Also on the list are people going in to nursing homes.

I agree, they are capacity limited on testing and evolving the selection criteria to keep the labs running at capacity without backing them up as results a week later are not very helpful. I suspect the anyone/anytime testing had more than a few hyper-vigilant people getting repeatedly tested and just burning capacity and money with little positive effect. I would like to see gov't use part of the capacity for focused testing in certain populations (for instance a condo building, a workplace, everyone that gets on a bus one day, etc.) to get some idea of asymptomatic infection rates.

Lol.

Got x2 rapid tests booked same day i asked (through work). 1st test within 24hrs

Where I'm working now has on-site asymptomatic testing where LifeLabs shows up and test employees 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. Can't get tested if you have any symptoms but you can for close contacts/exposure. We're supposed to get tested every 1-2 weeks, which is annoying but you are doing it on company time so I can't complain.

The right thing would have been to fine the offenders

I sure hope the vaccine supply shortfall isn’t part of this strategy.....

I sure hope the vaccine supply shortfall isn’t part of this strategy.....

It sounds like JT's contract is just deliver x million doses by the end of march with no progress targets. So we got bumped as it hurts then more to delay shipments to other countries with interim targets.

It sounds like JT's contract is just deliver x million doses by the end of march with no progress targets. So we got bumped as it hurts then more to delay shipments to other countries with interim targets.
I haven’t heard what it means to not getting the second shot in time

If it effects the first shots and need to start all over

Last edited:
There's been no controlled study on the effect on efficacy if the second shot is given later than the manufacturers recommended length of time; which was what they did in all their studies.
I haven’t heard what it means to not getting the second shot in time

If it effects the first shots and need to start all over

There's been no controlled study on the effect on efficacy if the second shot is given later than the manufacturers recommended length of time; which was what they did in all their studies.
Afaik, you are correct and there has been very little study of length between shots. Manufacturers picked a length based on experience and ran with that to get trials done more quickly. Ontario's potential approach that delays the second shot is based on the behaviour of previously researched vaccinations that show you can delay the second shot for a while as it is a booster. It needs to be administered before the first shot wears off, but not necessarily on the day indicated. The acceptable delay is obviously an important point of discussion.

FWIW, my wife is still booked for her second shot on Sunday. Until it's in her arm, I have little faith that it will happen (MTCC was supposed to be shooting for six weeks, then until friday, then tuesday night told people not to show up on wednesday).

Last edited:
Biden made it a federal mandate to wear masks on public transportation. Less than one day in amd he has implemented a simple, effective strategy that our politicians are too afraid to touch.

The U.S. mask order for travel being implemented by Biden will apply to airports and planes, ships, intercity buses, trains and public transportation. Travellers from abroad must furnish a negative COVID-19 test before departing for the U.S. and quarantine upon arrival. Biden has already mandated masks on federal property.

Biden made it a federal mandate to wear masks on public transportation. Less than one day in amd he has implemented a simple, effective strategy that our politicians are too afraid to touch.

The U.S. mask order for travel being implemented by Biden will apply to airports and planes, ships, intercity buses, trains and public transportation. Travellers from abroad must furnish a negative COVID-19 test before departing for the U.S. and quarantine upon arrival. Biden has already mandated masks on federal property.

the Karen videos are going to be epic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom